Beer general

Got my hands on a bottle of this stuff. It's great! But at 7$ a bottle, I don't see me buying this for anything other than special occasions. I think that's what it's mostly intended for though!

So yeah beer general. What are you guys drinking?

I had a bottle of Dragon's MIlk a few nights back. Was good, but a bit overwhelming.

Drinking a meme beer rn

Does anyone drink Pumking from Southern Tier? People generally seem to enjoy it but I think it tastes like sickeningly sweet candy corn and chemicals or something. How is this garbage so popular? Tried it the past few years since some friends always get it every year and will probably pass on it this year since it is horrible.

beer is for poor people

Beer is for everyone

Drinking a local brew, it has an interesting tang to it, but liking it with all the goses I've been drinking this summer.

I like it. Then again, I love pumpkin pie and it has that spice to it. I know someone who pours it over ice cream

Hey illinois bro. It's like $12 for a six pack so I haven't picked it up yet. How do you like it? I always stick with anti-hero.

You're not alone. I used to say Southern Tier beer seemed like it was artificially flavored, and I've since seen and heard several other people say the same. It's always nice to know you're not crazy.

I will say I don't hate it, but I'm completely with you on it being too sweet and chemically.

This beer literally made me say "Wow" out loud

God-tier

Has anyone tried Westbrook's Mexican cake? What am I in for? Was 18 euros.
This was excellent. Paid 10 bucks for it though...

It is what it is! Works well with certain foods if you dont want to drink water!

god tier in here let's go

Any homebrewers here? Long time lurker in Veeky Forums, new to ck, I have a small factory. Drinking some irish red ale atm, the peoole that buy it tell me it's delicious and I really enjoy it

What glass?

Nice enough imperial stout. Some sour notes in the aftertaste due to the raspberries i guess. I do get some very nice berry notes in the mouth.

Southern Tier's darker beers tends to be cloyingly sweet. I tried their Choklat Oranj and Salted Caramel stouts out of curiosity, and found them near undrinkable.

The Bomb is a great stout, but yeah, pricey. I tried pic related this weekend. I haven't had many sours, so it was a bit different, but nice!

Liquorice in stout is GOAT imo.

I've been wanting to start recently, been doing research, watching videos and whatnot. Any tips for a beginner? Maybe least expensive way to start, batch size, etc. My brother is also very interested as well, so we could possibly split costs between the two of us.

Drinking this stuff. A little more crisp than a traditional pils, but that's the way I like it.

Meh. I don't get why they get away with charging more for these ones. It's as good as anti-hero to me.

I'm sure I'd taste the difference trying them back to back, but not worth the extra $2-3.

I'm going to try it once my basement is done and I can move all the shit out of my storage room.

What is the best USA major commercial beer?

Right now I think it's Miller Draft.

Tastes OK. Not great, just OK. But, it's really fucking cheap for what it is.

>unironically paying 7 (SEVEN) burgerbucks on a SINGLE bottle of beer

I'm done, I can't do it anymore

You fucking beerfags need to be rounded up and gassed ASAP

>only for special occasions
English. Do you read it.

There is no occasion special enough to spend $7 on a single bottle of beer. I wouldn't spent that much if Hillary was assassinated, Kek came down from the heavens and blessed me with all the repeating digits, and Hitler rose from the dead to give me one of his old paintings all on the same day.
>English. Do you read it.
A better question is, "Grammar, do you know it?"

>There is no occasion special enough to spend $7 on a single bottle of beer
12 oz once, is OK.
Bomber of beer and larger, is OK.

>YOU CANT TRY ANYTHING NEW FOR FUN

>>YOU CANT TRY ANYTHING NEW FOR FUN

You can do whatever the hell you want, but if you do stupid shit you're going to get a proportional amount of shit flung at you. In this case, OP demonstrated that he has at least 1 extra chromosome by unironically buying a $7 bottle of beer, so I'm going to treat him like the defective fuck that he is.

>novelty isn't worth a couple extra bucks
euaghasdijaskdm

Sweet quints bruh

Been on a real smoke kick as of late and this is really hitting the spot.

>Brahaha Duhas
Hope I'm reading this right
Because Quints demand I drink it

You guys use pint please app?

It's a great stout and 13% abv.
I paid the same price as a cheap bottle of wine for it. Oh no.

Bauhaus, as far as I know it's only avaliable in MN right now, they're fucking excellent. Sky-five, wonderstuff, and hairbanger are great

I like that a pilsner and schwarzbier are 2 of their year round offerings.

>7$
do you live in oklahoma?

they dont sell anything with an ABV above 3.3% cold in Oklahoma, if he did he bought it warm

Minnesota. We just started getting prairie stuff a week or two ago.

drinking a steel reserve high gravity lager. Tastes good, but the select hops make it a little much for my delicate pallet.

Wat?
Holy shit I thought no alcohol before 1:00 pm on sunday was bad here.

oakdale bro here, where did you find it?

i thought liquor stores were completely closed sunday?

Cellars(changing to atomic liquors) in eagan off cliff road. The total wine near me has their double ipa as well.
If you're in Oakdale, try the Cellars over in vadnais heights by that walmart. I think that's where it is, or its up 35e off that 96 exit.

thank you bro, you usually in these threads as well? im usually the surly poster

Don't have any liquor stores here actually, 3 store town. Here they just don't let you buy beer until 1:00 and no alcohol over 15% abv is even sold.
>west virginia tristate OH/PA

Yeah I post mostly mn and wi crap in here. I was just up in Grand Marais a couple weeks ago and stopped at castle danger on the way up. Love that place. The best beer I had from them was their stout aged in red wine barrels. It was incredible.

hell yeah castle danger is great, i just visited bent paddle yesterday, it was an awesome time. fresh bent hop on tap is incredible

It all depends on the type of beer. Highly regarded stouts that start popping up on a limited basis in a certain area will almost always garner $5+ per bottle before regular distribution begins. Pretty stupid to get butthurt over OP when things like Goose Island/[insert rare seasonal beer releases] or Sam Adams Utopias exist. But I'm sure you've never overpaid for anything in your life.

How do is top being a plen and not love Narragansett and Genessee? I don't want to be this way.

Not to be a normie, but... Octoberfest Octoberfest Octoberfest! Typically an ale guy, but it's one of my favorite lagers. Have only had Shiner this year, but in the past I've had some nicer stuff (Ayinger stands out). Thinking of giving Yuengling a try. Do you guys recommend any?

>also points if any nobody knows where to get pic-related, if they still make it, reviews, etc.

>Octoberfest Octoberfest Octoberfest!
It's "Oktoberfest" you ignorant swine.

Maybe if I was speaking German. But I'm not.

its oktoberfest regardless child

even on the shitty lager you have

Their cold press ale on nitro is unbeatable. I love bent paddle. Hammerheart is solid too, but I couldn't drink more than two of anything they make. I like the smoked and Oaked stuff, but it gets to be too much especially in the summer

fuck you, and grow up
thanks but you don't need to defend me, I'm a big boy
and last, you ladies missed the point of my post entirely, I guess. Whatever. Cheers.

>and I know how it's spelled. Matter of fact I'm pretty sure I typed it correctly. But I'm on an iPad atm
>autocorrector

>tfw getting tired of my current go-to cheap beer and craving PBR again

'tulip'

Sierra Nevada's is very good and cheap

Sam Adams or Great Lakes

Digging into the Oktoberfests, already went through a sixer of Yeungling's, now drinking Yazoo Fall Lager.

>not living the high life

beeradvocate told me this was shit, can you confirm?

ayy I'm in Duluth other than Bent Paddle any local brews to try?

MGD and High Life are pretty much the same beer, but one is pasteurized, and the other is cold filtered

Dude that shit is too old now. It was nice the week it came out. Gotta git that single hop freeesh. Working in the beer section at a booze store has spoiled me.

I had so many chances to get this at 5 bucks a pop I probably ended up spending 50 bucks on it. Maybe working at a beer store isn't so great.

Recently been living Sibling Rivalry from Off Color. They make amazing beer. Love em. Spiteful also does great shit. Never been disappointed by their brews. Half acre has been doing great as well, but as always you need to go to the tasting room to get their smaller brews.

You can really get a good taste of what the mosaic hop provides. I like it much more than citra. Pipeworks does a better job with their single hop line. Last week they came out with Grungeist (green ghost) single hop, which was floral and tasted like sweet fruit. Very good hop that I hope to see more of. I just finished off a bomber of pipeworks single hop mosaic, and it was much more balanced and tasty than mosaic hero. Revolution just uses too much of the hop to even appreciate its flavor.

Well then beeradvocate is stupid. Leffe blonde is a completely fine beer to drink. However it is not worth gushing over, bear this mind if it is overpriced.
Oktoberfest.

Has anyone got experience with cream ales? From the top of my mind I've had To Öl Primal scream, pic related and Kilkenny. They are all very different and I would not have grouped them under the same style without knowing they were the same. I guess what I am trying to say is there a combining factor/typical cream ale so I can nail down what the style is all about?

It is THE doppelbock. Sweet candy beer.

Warlock is better, but I like it best agreed a year. It has gone down in quality the past few years. Pumking was much better even two years ago. It's gotten too big. I'll pick it up when it's on special for 3 bucks at the grocery store.

That's normal for a glass of draft at a bar.

Leffe is decent. If you like wheaty beers, you can enjoy it.

Near you? Castle danger obviously, and on the wisconsin side of the bridge there's a place called the Thirsty Pagan. Last time I was there, the head brewer was super into sours and pretty damn good at them. I hear fitgers has good stuff, but it's a little fancier I guess. I also heard there's some new one going in along 61 a little ways past two harbor I think? Can't remember. Voyager brewing is just okay.

I know a few breweries that go into distilling, but any distillery startups do brewing? To me it seems the technique is pretty similar for making wash for grain based spirits and beer, and it seems logical that a whisky startup might also brew beer as a way to get cashflow before the whisky matures. Is there something stopping them? I suppose there's a lot more stainless to invest in for parallel production and they can do gin as a ready to sell product, but is that all that's stopping them?

Just had my first Bomb! last night.

Pretty fucking fantastic.The layers of coffee and chocolate on top of an already great stout body were something else.

That said, I think I can get some beers that are just as good in a similar profile for less than $9 for 12 oz. Hell, Breakfast Stout is out, and for a couple bucks more I can get a four pack.

Also had pic related, Southern Tier's Sour Cherry Gose, and it was roughly exactly what I expected. Decent, but it's got that weird thing Southern Tier does where it tastes like there's artificial flavoring. In this case, like artificial cherry flavor. The salt was also much more up front than a typical gose, and the sour much less pronounced. Also, it was $4 for a single. Get Victory's Kirsch Gose instead.

I've tried nine different oktoberfests in the past month, most in the past week.

Out of all of them, Cigar City's was clearly the best, and Left Hand's was clearly the second best. The CCB one is brewery site-exclusive, though, so I might not be helping you really.

The Left Hand is notably hoppier than a normal marzen, which normally I wouldn't like, but it works very well. Gives it some spice.

As far as the rest, I'd rank them thusly: >paulaner >sam adams > erie > sierra nevada > spaten > shiner > yuengling

Oh yeah I've been to the thirsty pagan, I had something called a train wreck IPA there. It was good but it was just "craft IPA #6381"for me, ill have to go back sometime. Their pizza is pretty great as well

I had their black ale which I guess is their signature beer. It was good, but they had a tequila sour there that I had a good few of. I'd go back. And yeah the pizza was bretty good.
I'm in the suburbs of mpls so I'm not too knowledgeable about up near you

Beer is for real men.
You can go drink some fancy "Sex on the beach" now.

Tequila aged sour*

>shit poorfags say

lunch beer. praise kek

l-lewd...

The fuck. Anime beer? I refuse to drink it.

Is this really real? I love it and am also disgusted. Beers need more deviantart tier bottle art.

>that hop gag

>being rich justifies being retarded

Whats the closest thing I can get to this in the UK? I was drinking it in France on tap and loved it but cant find it anywhere.

>Paying more money for nicer things is retarded because I say so!

The first time I ever saw this was irl in a ghetto liquor store I worked at in Chicago. I did a double take

I still need to try this. I really liked dirt wolf and their pils

Had this Hissy Fit marzen (which is basically Oktoberfest, I think) last night.

It was malty but still crisp and balanced. 7/10, would drink again.

It's good, and relatively cheap-ish where I'm at. Like $9 for a 4-pack.

For me, it was kinda like a slightly hoppier Old Rasputin.

Kilkenny nitro'ed, like Guinness, not cream ale. What you're looking is something between a good blonde ale and a lager. Hard to do, great when it is

Omnipollo has awesome beer and packaging but fucking large bottles are a total ripoff.

Yes, I homebrew. Here's my most recent batch. Haven't had much time to brew a new one.

>only drinking bombers
Why?

Bought my hands on the last 3 bottles of the Old Stock Ale. The barleywine did break the bank a bit, though.

I hope that that barleywine isn't infected. Some of those beers were recalled.