Is Computer Science a better degree than Pure Maths?

Is Computer Science a better degree than Pure Maths?

Let's face it, Pure Maths is fucking boring, some of it, yes, is enjoyable, but completely pure maths is just shit.

In a sense, Cs is easily the field of the future, and the fastest growing field there is.

Beat that.

yfw CS is largely meant to train code monkeys and is being outpaced by the rise of coding bootcamps

Not that Pure Math isn't shit, mind you. But CS hasn't yet found it's place.

>what is aeronautical engineering

Yeah it is if you go to a shit tier Uni, M.I.T, Cambridge, Harvard and ICL seem to have at least a principled approach to teaching Cs

> Doing Aerospace undergrad instead of Mechanical
why though

> The vast (VAST) majority of schools are just teaching it wrong!

Really, friend?

>mech eng

enjoy drawing force diagrams for the rest of your life

Are you implying Aerospace is anything but force diagrams?

No I'm not, I'm just saying Mech Eng is literally all force diagrams.

Oh and let's assume air resistance is negligible, which it never fucking is

>tsiolkovsky rocket equation
>force diagram

>calculating wing surface area
>force diagram

>Using integration to calculate total surface area of the interior of a nozzle in order to both derive and integrate force calculations in different environments and with different fuels in order to calculate the specific impulse
>force diagram

Well I mean maybe under a loose definition you not-rocket-scientist.

Drag is never considered negligible in any real world project.

Half density - CdA - upstream fluid speed squared. Not complicated.

Use an incremental velocity model to simulate if the time domain is relevant, that's all I do.

I will accept my bias in that I am majoring in mathematics but still you are retarded.

>Pure Maths is fucking boring

This is your problem. It is boring to you and yet you just asume that your opinions are universal laws. Pure mathematics is to me one of the most intriguing fields of study and I would kill to have a career writing proofs, but unfortunately researcher = teacher and fuck teaching retards. Industry I go.

>Cs is easily the field of the future

You could easily say that EE is the field of the future, or CE is the field of the future... or even math.

You know why? Because all those degrees are direct paths to jobs in the software industry. CS is just the direct direct path.

By the way, if you do not like CS and what CS will give you as a professional then do not fucking study CS just because you swallowed up the CS = easy money meme.

Being skilled = easy money. So many like you go into CS just because they read some statistics that pointed to 100k starting salaries and then graduate knowing almost nothing and then not even the shittiest of shittiest web dev companies hire them.

Where I work there are 7 programmers, including myself. None of them have degrees in computer science.

Take that as you will. CS is crumbling under the shadow of all the other good degrees.

/thread

>Solving differential equations and integrating are only possible with the samurai-like mind of an AeroE
Yeah, no, your degree is a joke.

BTW the Tsiolkovsky rocket equation is literally week 3 of my first Physics course in MechE.

(That's because there are no worthwhile differentiations between Mech and Aero at undergrad level)

(Don't tell the Aero guys they're unnecessarily crippling themselves, though)

>coding bootcamps

when will this stupid fucking shitty ass meme die?

>Implying Pure Math is shit

>In a sense, Cs is easily the field of the future, and the fastest growing field there is.

THIS
H
I
S

No it is not faggot. Computer engineering and IT are code monkeys. On the other hand, CS is an active research field.