Why are electives shit

Why are electives so shit Veeky Forums?

Pic related, these are my options as an engineering student, red is what I've already taken. Everything on this list is so uninteresting, why can't I take math courses with my regular courses?

What electives did you guys take with your degree? Did you enjoy them? Would you have preferred more "academic" choices?

Other urls found in this thread:

eng.mcmaster.ca/documents/electives.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Linguistics and philosophy are pretty ok, but math/cs/physics would probably be better

Wtf is labour studies? Le gommunism studies?

Sustainability could be relevant to your career I guess. If it were me I'd look into kinesiology since I'm interested in human biomechanics, but it might be a hippie alternative 'medicine' massage class.

Which actually could be good, hot girls love that shit

i took some dope ass tech electives
>intro to thermonuclear fusion
>fusion technology
>direct energy conversion
>fuzzy logic
>radiation effects and reactor materials

regular elective i took
>history of rock and roll
>some discussion based poli sci course
>ethics
>hate and violence

Another McMaster student on Veeky Forums? Interesting. What year you in OP and what you studying?

Going into year 2, hope to do computer engineering.

I have a buddy in the comp eng program. Good god though, why would anyone wanna put themselves through an engineering program? the long days, weekly labs, terrible profs...

Also, won't you have no time for electives in engineering anyway? If you're looking for electives though, good ones are econ 1b03, econ 1bb3, phil 1b03, phil 1a03, phil 2b03, astron 1f03...

I did real analysis as my elective in first year (physics course)

ayyyy ontario repping

take women studies or cultural studies/critical theory and stop being such a wonglord who thinks anything that isnt stem isnt worth your time

Take theater or philosophy (try a logic class)

Theater (not musicals) is actually an amazing art form and can really expose you to interesting, controversial ideas that you wouldn't see in mainstream media

Logic and philosophy will teach you how to be rigorous in your thinking and teach you to form arguments.

There's some other stuff in there too that looks good.

Honestly? The fact that you think all those subjects aren't worth your time really shows that you're extremely ignorant about the value of different fields and what they have to offer. Stop being an under aged edge lord

Dumb nigger. Sanskrit, philosophy,and classics are surely academic.

Tell me about it. Last 2 gen ed courses, and the rest are my major classes.

There is are a bunch of language options
Is learning another language really shit? Pleb

Hah another Mac Student. You the elec eng dude I met?

History can be really hit or miss, depending on the instructor... but my favorite elective by far was History of China. Fucking awesome subject.

Nope, have yet to get my lvl 2 selection yet, also more interested in compE

Going into year 3 computer engineering at mac, watch out for 2nd semester.

Why don't you do a math minor user? I know mac allows it.

Disce latinam, niger mi

>eng.mcmaster.ca/documents/electives.pdf

>HISTORY 1CC3 - The Rise of Empires, 500-1950
>A thematic survey of the interactions among peoples, cultures, and the environment as structured by evolving political and economic systems in the pre-modern era.

>HISTORY 2IC3 - Islamic Civilization: the Formative Period, 500-1258
>This course explores the relationship between religion and society in Islamic civilization from before Islam to the fall of Baghdad to the Mongols in 1258 AD.

>RELIG ST 1J03 - Great Books in Asian Religions
>This course introduces foundational books of the major religious traditions of Asia, including Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, Confucianism and Shinto, in their historical and cultural contexts.

>RELIGST 2P03 - Japanese Civilization
>Introduction to Japanese history, society, and culture through a study of the religious traditions, literature, and art of Japan.

>RELIGST 2CA3 - Christianity and Art
>An exploration of Christian attitudes to art and the depictions of biblical stories, God, Christ, and the Church in painting, sculpture, and illumination from the 2nd to the 21st centuries.

>RELIGST 2QQ3 - Cults in North America
>An examination of recent religious trends in North America. The Hare Krishna Movement, the Church of Scientology, the “Family” Branch Davidians and Satanism will be covered.

>RELIGST 2TH3 - Christianity: The First Thousand Years
>The essentials of Christian thought and practice in their intellectual and cultural contexts from their beginnings in the 2nd century until their flowering in the Middle Ages.

Don't be afraid to look into 2nd and 3rd year courses if the pleb 1st year stuff is too boring.