Rate and give advice

Tried to make something nice and healthy so fried tomato.

Put the olive oil in and there it is.

>nice and healthy
>took a perfectly good tomato and fried it

Bad call mate
Should have just sliced it and salted + drizzed with the olive oil instead

No cooking?

How about if I baked

You drunk or what

Not an experienced cook, in university

Looks good to me. Sautéed or baked tomatoes are ten times better than raw unless it's a really high quality tomato and I have a hard time finding good tomatoes.

I didn't like it too much because of the gross mushy parts with seeds.

Maybe need to bake.

Yea all you need is some salt and olive oil but you cut them pretty wonky

Going to just do one cut per tomato for now on

maybe you overcooked it. medium high with a bit of olive oil and a few minutes on each side should be good. if u want to spice it up you can salt beforehand and add brown sugar, glazes quite nicely

I see a lot of meme recipe supposed to be easy and healthy for uni student who otherwise eats McDonald's and they're all some combination of grilled cheese and ramen with an egg.

Why can't this shit be a fucking tomato or something we actually need to survive the long hours of thinking.

If you have to cook them (understandable if you're somewhere with shit watery tomatoes like the UK, feels bad lad) then roast them with thyme, salt, pepper and olive oil

Otherwise cut into segments and sautee I guess. Frying slices is going to be a fucking mess whatever you do

fuck worrying about that healthy shit just don't overindulge
everything in moderation my friend

Alright fuck off

I forgot garlic, but chopping/crushing some over is a good call whichever way you're cooking them

t. frenchman

don't listen to these faggots
experiment more and figure out what works for you
post your meals for us to learn from you as you learn
use your balls

What nerve did I hit here

I just start to feel strange after eating on campus dining for long enough

A tomato is fine, just trying to offer advice on how to make it

fry 2 eggs beside a grilled tomato. good meal, keep cooking simple.

as for your dilemma regarding the tomatoes themselves, cut them evenly down the middle and just let them cook in a bit of oil. don't move them around too much just leave it be until you want to flip.

The advice given by you guys was good, I was speaking specifically about those recipes that are meant for uni student but are usually ramen with a green bean or grilled cheese whatever.

Yeah simple is the key for me to put in the time to cook instead of take out. But Sheppard's pie worked out well and fed me over days.

No one here mentioned ramen or grilled cheese

We responded to Tomatoes. Grilled cheese are pretty good though

I brought it up, this is really a university cooking thread so it fits the subject.

Yeah you could put the tomatoes in there and make something really decent actually.

>scoop out tomato guts
>fill with minced beef diced peppers and preferred cheese
>oven
>???????????
>profit

>uni student
>long hours of thinking.
Top kek m8.