Redpill me on 'cornbread' Veeky Forums

Redpill me on 'cornbread' Veeky Forums

>you like them
>They're Delicious
>Cheap and easy to make
>Fuck the haters

Cast iron skillet and bacon grease

better than regular bread

put some butter and maple syrup on there.

it's a better vehicle for syrup than pancakes or waffles.

cornbread is like a biscuit. tastes great but not great for you. There are healthier alternatives that taste just as good.

DING-DING-DING
WINNER!!!

dingy dingy dingy xD

it's a way for americans to eat cake at dinner or lunch time, but still pretend they're eating bread.

Go on.

use browned butter.

honey and butter is the superior choice desu

cornbread and hot sauce is great

crumble the cornbread and pour your favorite hot sauce over it. Fucking fantastic.

Cornbread with chilis baked into is GOAT.

a few anons here have good advice, bacon grease or crisco to line a cast iron, brown butter instead of melted butter, chilis in the bread(although I prefer jalapenos).

When I make it I put grilled corn kernels, brown butter, jalapenos, a shitty cheddar(you honestly dont want a good one for this, something like balderson or black diamond is better), some kind of animal fat(once did it with some duck and lamb fat, shit was cash), and you want the batter to be completely "wet", you should have to ladle into your greased tray.

I like to preheat my pan in the oven with the grease in it, and then dump the batter in, usually 350f.

Thats a good american style corn bread, although I am partial to the european style for making crostinis or if you can get a fresh one just with some butter, its a lot dryer then american style but it makes good toast.

honey and butter desu

no

Great with BBQ, collards, or fried chicken.

Hillary pls

THIS. Don't do any fancy shit user. It never works.

Is it what the rest of the world calls plumcake?

>Cast iron skillet and bacon grease
This!

Heat that skillet in the oven with the grease, and at the point it might smoke, pour in that hot batter and park back in the oven until golden and delicious.

Serve with butter, maybe some cane syrup or honey if you're feeling like a sweet tooth, but NEVER put sugar in the batter, nuh uh.

fuck off

>put chili in casserole dish
>sprinkle with cheese
>pour cornbread batter on top
>bake
>thank me later

No.

Sweet cornbread is literally hitler

Besides, we have muffins to excuse eating cake as a meal

Eggs
Buttermilk
Cream of tartar
Baking soda
Corn meal

Lard
Cast iron
Oven

use JIFFY

make as described on package

enjoy.

if you don't already like cornbread go fuck yourself

here's my homemade recipe. only takes a minute or two to prepare!

syrup is a bad choice for a lot of things. unless it's very light.

otherwise you're gonna make a big mess

A: 10
V: 10
M:8.5
Thanks JIFFY!

Anyone have a go-to recipe for basic biginners that they wanna share?
I've got a big bag of stale maize flour that I need to use up.

It doesn't matter if nobody has one because I know how to google. Just thought I'd ask.

heat oven to 200 celsius
preheat a pan or dutch oven in.
mix 300g corn flour, 6g baking powder, 1g baking soda, 6g salt in a bowl
add 300g cultured buttermilk, 3 eggs and between 25g and 100g melted/browned butter depending on how rich you want it
mix until it's all a homogeneous goo
butter/grease up the pan/dutch oven
pour in the batter
in the oven for around 45 min, until a knife pushed through comes up clean and the surface is brown and crisp.

Add butter and jam to it.

Non-merrican here. These things are a delicious novelty, I wish they were more popular internationally.

Perfect. Thank you!!

I'm gonna use lactose free milk instead of buttermilk and load up on extra baking powder to compensate for the reduced acidity. Fingers crossed it doesn't explode!

Not much better than some cornbread in a bowl with some spicy chili poured on top.

>roommate goes to Japan
>sees 'cornbread'
>buys it
>it's basically just a nicer-presented version of that pic

A soft wheat roll with a mayo and sweetcorn filling. Sounded good, actually.

Real good heated up with a few slices of banana

Do the Indians call it "Maizebread"

So, oatmeal or flour as base next to cornmeal? Would you recommend cornbread over regular white bread?

Um, what? Just cornmeal.

And you're comparing apples to oranges. You can't use cornbread like you would sandwich bread. 2 different beasts.

Cornbread is more like a cake

Fuck your health shit. Cornbread is amazing. It's okay to eat things not 100% healthy some times. Your reply makes every one think you're a giant fat ass because you're soooo worried about healthiness.

Calling partial bullshit. I've made some good sammiches with cornbread. It just crumbles everywhere. You're right but oh so wrong also.

Corn bread is fat, flour, sugar, and water. It is not 'amazing,' it is trash. Learn to cook and stop lusting after junk-food, pleb.

Sounds like you've never had good cornbread user.

Try some made with good corn (no, not that shit in a box in the supermarket) and it's god-tier.

Well yeah but that makes it a knife and fork sandwich, which I don't consider a sandwich. However. yes please put filling in my cornbread, this is the correct opinion.