You like sushi but you think it's too fucking expensive?

you like sushi but you think it's too fucking expensive?
You don't really mind lower quality sushi because you just want that sushi taste every couple of weeks?
go make some fucking sushi
>b...but you can't eat raw fish from the store
You don't actually need fish for the sushi. Sure it's great but sushi without fish still tastes like sushi and it tastes good.
for the base you need sushi or risotto rice, rice vinegar, the dried seaweed, sugar, salt. Look up some recipe for making the rice. It's really important that you wash it so it isn't mushy. the vinegar makes it sticky.
What you put inside your sushi are vegetables like avocado or cucumber.
You should also get soy sauce and wasabi.
I used the tablecloth you can see in pic related with cling wrap to make the rolls.

You can get parasites from eating raw fish
But I guess you must have really bad luck if that happen
Considering the small amount of fish a sushi roll got

>risotto rice
you're better off looking for sushi rice
not only is sushi rice far cheaper, some brands come prewashed so you don't have to rinse the rice as long
risotto rice is the opposite, it's extra starchy because that makes the risotto better

and if you're craving fish, most supermarkets sell smoked salmon and fake crab, which are good in a pinch

exactly my thoughts which is why I just dont use fish

I just mentionef the risotto rice because thats what someone might already have around.
And it really works fine. If you wash it for a minute you can get a good rice consistency

What a worthless thread

yea Veeky Forums totally needs more fucking ramsay and other food celebrity threads

>What you put inside your sushi are vegetables like avocado

>Avocado
>Vegetable

Avocados aren't that great anyway so enjoy your meme food.

So this is really a thing in some countries. Where are you guys from?

I am from Germany and there is no indication in the fish stores that the fish could in some way not be fit to eat raw. And this is Germany we're talking about, so if there were just a remote danger, there would be regulations on this...

It's people being paranoid. People fear what they don't understand.

I'm german too and as far I thought it's common knowlwedge that you shouldn't eat raw fish. I don't mean it's right. I think it's probably not dangerous but i do believe that you might get fluid shit. If you buy cheap meat it has cheap quality.

False dichotomy. Useless shit threads like this aren't the only alternative to "food celebrity threads"

I make sushi regularly and neither I nor any of my friends ever had any digestive problems with it (at least nothing I know of)

dont germans eat raw pork?

i usually have some gravlax made with just salmon salt and sugar, i figure the curing would kill whatever bad stuff might be in there. its good in sushi

>dichotomy
*Equivalency

You can make sushi with raw fish yourself. What you're looking for is sushi grade fish, just go to the grocery store and ask if they have it.
They flash-freeze the fish and keep it frozen for a week to kill any parasites that MIGHT be in the fish. That's the only thing special about it.

why are you telling me what to do?

smoked =/= raw

False equivalence would be something like "They both eat salads, so they're both vegetarians"

you jokers haven't heard about flash freezing? there's standards setup specifically for sushi fish.

I have avocado+carrot rolls all the time. Sometimes I add cucumber and/or tofu too.

Also, see: kimbap

Why even go through the trouble of rolling it up when they make instant sushi seasoning.

I like to eat sushi with fucking fish inside it, not a cucumber meme roll

That's not for sushi. Use it on stuff like onigiri.

Yeah, well vegetable rolls are tasty as well.

A woman lived in my house from Germany, and she would take bits of raw ground beef and just straight eat it.

One of the grossest things I've seen in my entire life.

I work at a sushi stand in H-E-B, and although obviously being far from amazing sushi, its not half bad and some simple ingredients make decent sushi. Like in our Firecracker roll (our "spicy" roll) its just topped with crushed up spicy cheetos. But because it's all fancy looking and tastes good, people never question it.

crab sticks or chicken or even cooked fish may be your solution
although if you find a good fishmonger, who has frozen fish then you're in luck

the guidelines for sushi grade fish are fish that has been stored at -4°F (-20°C) or below for 7 days, or at -31°F (-35°C) or below until solid and stored at that temp for 15 hours, or freezing at -31°F (-35°C) or below until solid and stored at -4°F (-20°C) or below for 24 hours’ all of which is sufficient to kill parasites

Without the fish it's pointless

You might be thinking of sashimi.

I make sushi to take to uni, it's pretty easy. You'll probably fuck up the rice the first time but once you get the hang of it you'll start making decent rolls. I'm not big on fish, but I stick surimi or tuna in sometimes. Mainly avocado tho.

Nothing's stopping you from using it in sushi, I do. Onigiri is a bitch to make, even with a mould.

I really like HEB sushi
Do the little spicy tuna rolls have just siracha, as opposed to mayo too?

If I come in within an hour of closing, will the sushi be marked down?

>If I come in within an hour of closing, will the sushi be marked down?
usually sushi places dont mark down, what isn't sold at close is free reign for the employees

Yes we do. It's delicious and I'll probably eat just that for breakfast. It's best with onions, salt and pepper.

>he doesn't know about beef tartare
Get a load of this flyover

>raw pork
I'll eat salted/cured pork but never ever raw

I just started a few weeks ago, but I'm working today. I'll find out and let you know about the tuna. And with my boss personally, he usually does a buy one get one free deal around 8 ish. Depends on the person I suppose.

It's raw tuna, sesame seed oil, masago, and a bit of spicy mayo for color.

>fluid shit
Topkek