Choices, smoiches

For $5.000,00 would you chop of and eat, any of your fingers or toes and eat it by own means?

I'm not sure why you think it would be worth $5 to chop off your fingers.

>$5.000,00
You realize that the fact you used a decimal point makes this five dollars?
The answer is no, not for $5, not a chance.
>tl;dr You're a fucking sub-educational mong.

Or toes. Just one digit.

In some countries its inverted so this would translate to 5,000.00 which

is still only fucking five thousand, so no

Im sorry, but youre wrong. What does those zeroes after the comma means?

Apparently you can live without your pinky toe. I need the money more than I need something I can live without, so yes.

And by "live" I mean walk/run/swim/etc completely normally.

>In some countries its inverted
Your intellect is inverted you fucking retard.

>maiming yourself to eat what is essentially a pork-like product

>no actually they aren't wrong
>NO NO NO YOU'RE DUMB FOR KNOWING THINGS

>$5

No, you'd be maiming yourself for the purpose of the money. The eating is incidental.

Americans use , to separate thousands and . to start decimals. Europeans use . to separate thousands and , to start decimals.
OP is an European, is all.

It's an idiotic system to use a comma instead of a full stop in order to break up denominations. A full stop is more appropriate when changing while a comma for just breaking up the digits to make it easier to read.

America wins again.

I think this is a really bad deal but at the same time I badly need that sort of money right now so yeah, i'd give up a pinky toe.

You get it.
You seem delusional.

Nope. The American system is much more logical

I could do with the money but my balance is extremely important as is dexterity. So I'd probably pay up to $10,000 to get my finger back.

To chop it off a pinky finger though I'd need closer to $300,000

A thumb and we are looking at $5,000,000

Sure thing. Like gallons, quarts, cups etc.
You keep telling yourself that, if thats gets you through your life.
Nope, son. Metric way, is the way.

If I could get away with only losing a pinky toe and could safely remove it with no risk of infection, then sure. 5K would be worth it.

>somehow the Imperial system of measurements is linked to using full stops and commas in monetary notation
You're a grade A idiot.

Protip: Americans learn both the imperial and metric. All students are taught metric in primary school.

But you're not American. Were you one, you'd have said 'period' not 'full stop.'

I don't think either is more logical than the other. I mean Greek uses a semicolon as an interrogation point. The only reason you'd say it's more logical to use than an interrogation point is because you're used to ? implying a question rather than ; (they use · where we would use ;)
My language uses « in place of your " and neither is superior to the other. The point is: it's entirely arbitrary what marks are used for what purposes in a given language or culture and arguing over which is better is an exercise in futility because none are.

And still you fail to comprehend the meaning of 5.000,00?
Or just drunk and looking for some internet argument, so at least theres something going on in your petty life?

>But you're not American. Were you one, you'd have said 'period' not 'full stop.'
You don't need to be American to see that the American system is a lot better.

>I mean Greek uses a semicolon as an interrogation point.
This whole point is irrelevant. Periods and commas are used for the same purpose in most (if not all) European languages. The full stop is used to end a sentence and show transition into the next while commas are used within sentences to make parsing a sentence easier. This translates directly in the American system where the full stop ends a denomination and shows a transition into the next while the comma makes the number easier to parse (1,000,000 vs 1000000). The European version is reversed.

>And still you fail to comprehend the meaning of 5.000,00?
I never failed to comprehend the meaning of 5.000,00. Where did you get this information from?

seeing as I make around $4k per week, probably not

But you have to eat it! Could just put it in some soup, I guess.

Some languages use neither to separate thousands, opting instead to use a space. Rather than
1.000.000 or
1,000,000 they'll use
1 000 000
It makes just as much sense as using either the comma or the full stop. Again: it's completely arbitrary. Why argue over our myriad differences culture to culture when we can all agree on the most important things in life: Muzzies are a plague on the earth who need to be destroyed and Albanians are untrustworthy.

It's like one bite, and I'm open to trying new things, including human flesh.

>Some languages use neither to separate thousands, opting instead to use a space. Rather than
You're not understanding my point, but I really don't care anymore.

Lol, yeah, beats me. We all know we have different ways of putting decimals. Is it a big deal?
I guess, if nothing is going on in your life.

I got your point. What you're failing to get is that your point is, for lack of a better word, pointless. You're growing upset over the most minute of minutiae.
People differ from you and your culture. Others are like you and your culture. I suggest you get yourself a deck of cards.
>and deal with it

for 50,000 id cut off and eat someone elses and eat them.

for 500,000, id cut off my own, and eat them.

So you really did miss my point. Oh well.

Depends how long i could milk workman's comp for, really. Less than 2 years and it aint worth it

Not for $5 $500 or $5000 but for five million? Maybe. If it was my pinky totally thumb totally not any other fingers no way

The only point you have is to the top of your skull, you pinheaded dolt.

>completely fail to comprehend a point after it being spelled out for you multiple times
>call someone else an idiot

Op here. I got this idea from some Roald Dahl short. "Man from the south"
I even remember some shorties where the person betting his fngers, ended up with a few on each hand.

For five million you can have 5 toes and 5 fingers.

Shit, Ill even cook them up nice for you according to your own preference.

Assuming you're a Eurofaggot or Aussie and therefore wrong and mean $5k, I would chop off a little toe if I could get really fucked up first. Assuming I could consume it any way I wanted, I would dice it and put it in gelcaps.

But he's right. You don't have a point. As I said earlier: you're point, as valid as it may be, is essentially also pointless because you're getting bent outta shape over the most nothing of nothings. I wish I had so few problems that I could spend time being upset about punctuation like you do, user. #jealous

inb4 he throws a 'tism tantrum over using a hashtag on Veeky Forums

I think he'll likely get pissy at me for using 'you're' instead 'your.' Let's see which one gets his panties in a twist!

It seems you Europeans are too dumb to comprehend a simple parallel. I'll try to explain it with as few words as possible.

American system[1]:
>. & ,
>writing & money
>same function[2]

Retard system:
>. & ,
>writing & money
>opposite[3] functions

[1] www.dictionary.com/browse/system
[2] www.dictionary.com/browse/function
[3] www.dictionary.com/browse/opposite

Where did those Americans come from, exactly?

>doesn't understand that he's just proving user's point
tell us more :^)

Non sequitur

His point was that it's arbitrary. I pointed out why it isn't and that there is a logical parallel between the functions of full stops and commas in writing and monetary notation. This is undeniable and objective fact.

Europe 2.5k of civilization,birth of democratity

America. 500 years, my gun is bigger than your gun, also I like junk food.

>misses user's point
>claims user missed his point
tell me more (^:

>Yurop is older so its illogical monetary notation system is better :))

Flawless European "logic"

>Denying objective fact
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're trying to save face and aren't actually this delusional

Keep digging

>No argument

Im sorry, who are you again?
Ask your question, and I may answer?

you idiots will argue over anything

>argues it's illogical
>'besides illogical, it's just arbitrary and none of it really matters so long as you understand what's being said in op'
>admits to understanding what's being said
>still argues that it's illogical
please, tell me more ^_^

Dont we all love those amerikooks?
They seems selfasured, but actuually.
They are like Trump, all, words, small dicks.

You're mentally deficient if you think illogical is the same as incomprehensible.

You type worse than a sub 80 IQ nigger. Try to at least learn English before trying to demean others.

No. Im doing fine. No need some punk to tell me how to thimk.

Well, whatever it is you're doing isn't working. You come off as a total moron.

>5 million to chop off a digit
I would give it some serious thought

50 million and I wouldn't even have to think, just give me the knife right now

You kids. Give me 50.000,00 and I happily chop of my foot pinkey

>for five dollars

Stopped reading there.

god, why so cheap? that's like 5 years of booze. you'd rather have booze than all your toes?

Oh 50.000 dinares.?
Aka 50k dolores.

fifty thousand united states dollars
much too low for permanent mutilation
what third world country are you from?

It can't be incomprehensible if you already said you comprehended it, kiddo. But please: tell us more. :^)

Id lose a pinky and eat it for $5000 if all my rehab and medical costs are covered too.

>You come off as a total moron.
Says the guy experiencing a category 5 sperg out because people use different arbitrary conventions in different parts of the world.

Kek. Your self awareness must be nonexistent.

Not that guy by the way.

>$5,000

This should only take you about a month to make at a job, if you haven't just completely spent your teens and 20s fucking up and being stupid. No, one month's worth of money is not nearly enough to cut off a finger or toe.

I'm going to agree that the American system is better.

When writing text, the period signals more complete or severe grammatical and conceptual distinctions between two statements, whereas the comma signals a closer connection.

With numerals, the connection between the 5 and the first 0 of 5,000 is closer than the connection between the last 0 and any fraction that would fall to its right. This usage follows naturally from how the marks are used in writing words.

I never said it was incomprehensible. I said it was illogical. Brush up on your reading skills, retard.

Non sequitur

Holy shit someone who gets it.

>i never said it was incomprehensible
>
>you think illogical is the same as incomprehensible
>argues it's illogical
>'besides illogical, it's just arbitrary and none of it really matters so long as you understand what's being said in op'
>admits to understanding what's being said
>still argues that it's illogical
please, tell me more and try again ^_^

Jeez guys, i was somehow seeing this coming. .
Are we enemies?
Seems like some1 hates every1

You seriously need to learn to follow the conversation and look up the words you're struggling with.

Not for $5. Not for $5,000. Up the offer to $100k and I'll think about it.

No, 5000 is too little

>pointing out you are yelling other people are morons while acting like a moron is a non sequitur

Keep digging moron.

Look up non sequitur

I think we can bargain with you.
So, you're negotiable?

I take home like a quarter of that, and still FUCK no.

no. maybe for 1 mil. $5,000 is barely a few months' rent

Nope. My toe is worth more to me than that.

I value standing and walking normally for the rest of my life. Also the chronic hurt that comes with injuries like that isn't worth just $5,000.00.

There's also something called dignity involved, I guess I'm not that poor.

$5k? Hah, no

Thing is. Some people are really that poor.
Mayby not selling their soul.
But some pinky?

Why? I know what it means.

Your behavior indicates you have zero self awareness. Which is a conclusion that strictly follows from my argument; screaming about arbitrary bullshit while calling other people a moron makes you look like moron.

And the distinction is still between arbitrary conventions.

And you are continuing to look like an even bigger moron imagining no one else on this board understands basic stuff.

not for that little, but on a non-edgelord level, ive always been curious what human flesh tastes like. im not gonna kill someone or pay someone else to kill someone to try, but its still a taboo that piques my interest

>europeans
lol

say hello to mohammed for me

>i understood but i'm still gonna argue about it being illogical!!!
>'if you understood, then it doesn't matter if it's illogical.'
>it's illogical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>'okay, but you said you understood, so it doesn't matter if it's illogical. and the punctuation points are arbitrary anyway.'
>non sequitur!!!!!
>'okay, but you said you understood, so why are you getting upset about it if you understood?'
>it's illogical!!!!!
>'okay, but so what? you understood so why does it matter that it's illogical?'
>you're dumb!!!!!!!

I explained several times why it wasn't arbitrary. You're a lunatic.

Look up the difference between illogical and incomprehensible.

Not him, but it is arbitrary. The comma and dot originally meant opposite things, but Aldo Manuzio had a monopoly on vellum printing in the 15th and 16th centuries and he preferred the comma for pauses and dots for full stops. Because he basically owned all written word during this important period in the infancy of the press, his influence held a lot more water than the literal millenia of handwriting that preceded him.
His system is just as arbitrary as the opposite system that preceded it.

If you notice, countries and languages that use commas as decimal points have a much, much, much longer history of accountancy and bookkeeping than those that do not, dating back to before Manuzio's arbitrary hijacking of punctuation.

You still miss the guy's point which is: if you get it, why do you care that it's illogical?
You spent six hours arguing about dots while everyone is laughing at you. Let that sink in a minute, spergmeister.

>if you get it, why do you care that it's illogical?
This is irrelevant to the discussion.

If we were living in the 1300s your post might have been of some relevance.

Brush your teeth OP

I do. Twice a day. You?

It's not irrelevant if that was the point from the beginning and you keep on glossing over it.

You keep screaming that it's illogical as though wasting seven hours of your day yelling about dots isn't.

>if we were in the 1300s
No. If we were, you'd either be using a comma as a decimal point or you'd be illiterate and have no use for written numbers.

Also, if you were a smurf, which smurf would you be?

>It's not irrelevant if that was the point from the beginning and you keep on glossing over it.
It wasn't.

>The rest of the post
Nothing

Thanks for playing.

>that wasn't the point!
Yes it was.
What smurf would you be?