Jibrel Network

R.I.P.

We are hitting a new low in satoshi value

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EdI1l9UFR5g
reddit.com/r/JibrelNetwork/comments/80ewk1/jibrel_networks_jwallet_to_act_as_a_2way/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Still comfy?

They said mid-end to feb - looking really great

Still in the timeline for 2019

Stop fudding you retard

He really wants to fill them bags.
Only good jibrel FUD is janitor FUD.

Just wait for the article in the WSJ, FT, Reuters

Its coming...

Should I sell my LTC for this?

time to buy more?

it's a long term hold, I dont think anyone was expecting this to moon in the coming weeks

That's all you got?

youtube.com/watch?v=EdI1l9UFR5g

It already came. 5min interview and not even mentioning JNT once.

Long term holds are basically a meme in the crypto world.

go look at the early part of any successful coin chart

Oh baby if only that were true

-7% satoshi value - this is the official ATL boys, keep holding :)

Wee ned a picture of the sheikh as Dr Kelso.

The stuck penny bit with the janitor would be nice with this meme

>Long term holds are basically a meme in the crypto world.
this.
unless it's bitcoin or some really good project with no competition or big advantage you have to be a retard to marry a coin for >muh longterm
they are all shitcoins created as a tool for acquiring more btc

>some really good project with no competition or big advantage
Check out what Jibrel is up to, it pretty much is exactly that.

lol you just summed up basically what jibrel is doing.

They're kicking around some interesting ideas and doing well marketing their brand (and their top boys), but other than that it's a completely underdeveloped idea, hence the extremely short white paper. JNT is one of the more problematic aspects of their system.

you guys are deluded.
Bitshares already has a first mover advantage, stable coins are being created on a daily basis, the idea is so easily replicable it's not even funny. Absolutely nothing special.
It's just fucking tether with additional solvency token.
Everyone can create that shit in a matter of days
also they didn't deliver shit
>muh jcash rollout immediately after the ico
>muh partnership end of feb
they cannot even deliver the simpliest things. Those soyboys will never tokenize anything serious, they will die waiting for regulators' approval for ages like good cucks, while other projects roll out their stable coins left and right with no bs KYC and any fucks given

If they do have all the connections that they claim to have and push ahead, there's nothing stopping them from tokenizing assets as they describe. But there is no real necessity for JNT to play a role in this, and I wouldn't be surprised if the coin was abandoned down the line. JNT gave them an excuse to do an ICO and raise enough to quit their jobs and focus on the project, but it causes problems down the line with their dao model and the buying up and selling of tokens on the market. Easier to ditch JNT altogether.

bitshares isnt the same as jibrel.at least do some research before you spout crap.

the tokens the team has are locked for 2 years.

The team doesn't need JNT tokens, they already have the money raised from the ICO...

all 3 lead guys are loaded already.This is about ambition.

how is that not the same, they have bitusd, biteuro and bunch of other shit, have been in the game for years. there is many platform wanting to tokenize assets, even more stable coins

And they very well may be ambitious enough to make something of the project, but I don't believe JNT will play a role in this later on.

I'm sure they won't be able to even operate in the US (because it's a clear security, but let's say fuck it, it's the retarded SEC, no big deal, burgerland is not the end of the world), they released a token to give the ico investors something in exchange but looks like they won't even offer jcash to regular people, and no whale will give a fuck about jnt, they will go straight fiat-jcash, jcash-fiat. Let alone the fact that when they fail to deliver jcash to the general public the whole project loses its fucking sense, since the whales tokenizing fiat won't be able to gain from the arbitrage that for example tether provides. Deluded fanbys think they know what they are holding, lol

JNT plays a pretty central role in the whole system, where do you see it as problematic?

JNT =/= BTS Two different pots of fish. JNT is about tokenising FIAT currencies through regulatory compliant smart contracts in the form of CryDRs. It also will be tokenising equities.

I recommend reading the white paper of both and then you will understand

it's literally unless. It's just a nice marketing trick with the solvency token to promice the ico investors future gains and maybe one day pump up their bags (although no one ever explained how is that gonna happen. How will be the DAO buying the tokens)

they are both tokenizing shit, don't get bamboozled by the regulatory compliant BS, that's only gonna hold them back and at the end when regulators start hunting shitcoins down, it's going to the trash with all the other ones

JNT is supposed to be bought up and sold by the DAO so as to match the value of tokenized assets. But this introduces all kinds of problems with JNT susceptible to the free, often entirely irrational, movements of the market and being traded predominantly on exchanges.

they are going to be their own bank and be fully kyc and aml compliant.The whole point is they will be immune from all that.

yea, that's what I'm saying.
How will this mechanism work? will they have a bot buying and selling jnt 24/7 at all available exchanges? good luck with that lol.
Also what happens if people start dumping the tokens and the DAO ends up holding all of them with the price not high enough to meet the amount it's supposed to be backing. Are they gonna do washtrading to manipulate the price at their own platform/exchange?

quick question then
will they provide jcash to average crypto investors on let's say binance?
if yes, then it will probably be possible to buy with btc (no real need for jnt besides to make investors feeling good about holding something)
and if no, then I'll give you another question soon

they are targeting institutional money first, which is magnitudes above what john smith on binance can offer.They plan to offer it to public exchanges if and when every user is fully kyc and aml compliant.

then the entire project is fucking pointless
tell me why would institutional money want to tokenize their real money?
give me good reasons for that

They plan to offer it to public exchanges if and when every user is fully kyc and aml compliant.
>then it means no binance and no advantages over FIAT. People will just go to fiat since both things require KYC

because they can make a fortune arbing the swings.Just like tether swings, jcash will have the same someone puts 100mill in at 0.99, takes it out at 1.03.They walk away with an easy 4 million with no risk.

Yes. jcash definitely has a use. But as everyone knows they are already piloting this, and no surprise JNT plays no role whatsoever.

will make it insanly easy for all to get their money in and out of crypto by banking with jibrel.read this

reddit.com/r/JibrelNetwork/comments/80ewk1/jibrel_networks_jwallet_to_act_as_a_2way/

how will they be able to arbitrage if no one will use it? institutional money wants to tokenize fiat for arbitrage purposes but who and why would use jcash over fiat when both require the same KYC bs and the same tax obligation. Why wuld I buy some arab quasifiat if I have access to fiat pairs on multiple bigger exchanges?

People will use tether because it's accessible for everyone with no verification/kyc/aml and all that faggottery

when it comes to cashing out it still gonna be a bank deposit, nothing new.
Like I said the whole power of tether is its easy access by everyone, hence nice arbitrage opportunities. Jcash won't even budge during a crash/moon lol

lol.nice trollling.JNT is the financial backbone of the whole project.Whatever fiat amount of assets added, same of amount of jnt is taken out, the price of jnt then rises to the price of the asset added.

So let's assume Jibrel tokenizes $100m, the DAO will need to hold $100m worth of JNT.

Now JNT market cap will need to be much higher than $100m because the DAO will only be holding a percentage of total supply. for them to hold $100m JNT they will need to hold all of the supply at $100m marketcap.

the 2 billion or so of tether is nothing compared to what the contacts they have can tokenize. Potenitally a trillion plus.Again institutional money>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>public.

>same tax obligation
Im not sure that is true. In essence, it is like trading BTC for some other crypto on a kyc exchange, vs cashing out to fiat.

because big money wants to be safe, who the fuck is going to put millions in to tether for any long period when they dont even know if its really backed by anything.Jibrel will be audited by a top 4 auditor.Big money wants safe and secure.Tether cant provide that.You think big institutional boomer money wants any part of tether?

they will take out that money as quickly as they have put it in when they realize no one is using it for trading purposes and no orbitrage to be done.
mark my words. There is literally no reason to use this shit over regular fiat pairs.

Tether will remain King

It's becoming the same crypto-crypto taxable event BS rule in almost all countries, and those who still don't use it will probably follow suit very soon. Even regardless of that people prefer to trade on unverified exchanges, there is nothing to gain using verified ones, and a lot to lose when they rat you out to your Tax agency.

Big money will use fiat. Period

Small money will use tether. Jcash is absolutey useless.

Really not trolling. This is the exact problem we're talking about. Sure, it might cause a spike in the price (on whichever exchange the DAO is buying up on ???) but that is all. The price of JNT is just as likely to decrease after that, in which case the DAO will need to buy more to match the value of the tokenized asset. And so on

tether may not have verification/kyc/aml and all that faggottery but it also has 0 legal protection behind it

might as well ask, why use dollar notes when I can have a handwritten note saying "I owe billy 10 bucks, regards some stranger"

put 2 and 2 together.They are running this out of the sheiks private office.A load of saudis got massacred recently having their money taken away.The want new ways of securing their money.....The sheik alone has 40 billion.Use your brain here and connect the dots.

yes this is the mechanics of it.Not a problem, this is how it will function.

You don't see that as problematic and completely unsustainable?

I'm weening myself off checking charts every day because it's driving me nuts, the sat bleed does suck though

like I said before
what happens if there is no speculative buying power on the market and the DAO keeps accumulating the tokens while the price doesn't go up? what if they end up with all the tokens or almost all the tokens in the DAO? how will that shit be solvent in JNT?
It won't. Big money you are dreaming about would just use fiat-jcash, jcash-fiat. They don't need additional middleware in JNT.
but like I said, I don't see even that happening since there is no reason to use jcash over fiat/tether

agree. And when bearmarket comes the DAO will end up with all the jnt making the price 0, lol, nice solvency right there

small money is willing take the risk to use comfy tether incognito. I use it with my trading stack whenever I need.

even if they "convince some friends" to pump some real fiat into that ecosystem like I said I don't see the arbitrage opportunity.

>keeps accumulating the tokens while the price doesn't go up
have you ever heard of supply and demand

what gives people faith in the project is not just the ambition of the project, but the quality of the team and advisors to make it reality

You know damn sure that exchanges desperately need to remove USDT and implement a proper legally compliant stablecoin.

If the price is not sustained above a certain level, there is nothing to stop in from going down. After the DAO accumulates there is nothing stopping JNT from crashing like any other coin. A bad crash could wipe JNT out, and if JNT is as important to the system as you say, it could cripple the whole project.

supply and demand applies to things with real value, purely speculative token like jnt has no value.
Like I said, it will work until it doesn't. I doesn't have to happen over night too, but once a crash/long bear market comes or people just realize it's pure speculation will stop buying JNT how is that shit gonna be solvent? The won't be solvent, the dao will end up with so many tokens that it will find itself in a trap. Even if it doesn't accumulate all of them it will have enough to casue a crash while trying to pay out JNT for 1 bigger customer.

No one will base security of his funds on speculation, people will just demand straight up FIAT for their jcash. JNT is like I said a manipulation/marketing trick to give people promise of potential gains to run the ico

I think it's interesting you are fudding with such amazing conviction, but haven't even read the most basic info material on Jibrel judging by multiple assumptions you make that have been proven false already. I don't really see why anyone would do that, care to enlighten me?

answer these questions:
then we can talk

I like you, most FUD is mindless or easily seen through but you are actually making an effort to dissemble the ideas behind this project. If you read any of the documentation though, you will see that JNT is not “useless middleware”, locking up the appropriate amount of JNT is a required step in issuing a cryDR.

The rest of your argument takes the same form as “well if there were no buyers for bitcoin, the price would go down to 0”.
First of all, that can be said of anything. Second, the buying pressure from the DAO makes this less likely to happen here than with any other project. Something would have to cause a complete lack of trust in Jibrel for that to happen. That is a risk you take with other projects as well.
But it is obviously cheap for a reason, people don’t see their partnerships yet or the DAO or any CryDR in action yet. Once those come along, it will be multiples of todays price though. Risk - Reward

>people will just demand straight up FIAT for their jcash

You know that the jWallet will act as fiat on- and offramp through SEPA/SWIFT transfers, right? You can directly exchange jCash for fiat.

Doomsday scenario. Even if it happens, the offchain assets are still there and fully backed by PwC.

>then we can talk

lmao, why so arrogant? You better do some reading, then we can talk. The fact that you didn't know you could exchange fiat and jCash directly already disqualifies you imo.

Your questions have underlying assumptions about the current state of the project that you're not considering

e.g dao is functional and assets have already been tokenised, meaning it is not purely speculative, you are just babbling nonsense

it's different when we are talking bitcoin or any other coin and when we are talking something that's supposed to work as a 100% safe, solvent store of value. There is no room for trust/confidence.

>You know that the jWallet will act as fiat on- and offramp through SEPA/SWIFT transfers, right? You can directly exchange jCash for fiat.
>You better do some reading, then we can talk. The fact that you didn't know you could exchange fiat and jCash directly already disqualifies you imo.

I knew that the whole time. That's why I and the other guy were arguing that there is no need for JNT when everything is backed by real money anyway.

>Doomsday scenario. Even if it happens, the offchain assets are still there and fully backed by PwC.
so you admit JNT is not always solvent/safe and there may be a need to go for fiat even if someone didn't want to?
it only proves that JNT is a quick marketing trick to get ico investors believe in the potential speculative gains.

like I said, if they are backed by real money/assets then who needs JNT?

do you understand how crydrs are created?

if yes then you know why JNT is needed, if not then you need to dyor

Fair points here.

Nope. JNT is purely speculative regardless of the assets and status of the dao.

Honestly most investors don’t exactly know 100% how the DAO will operate, but pre-ico investors apparently saw more docs that were more in-depth. Also the fact that they have big names on board who probably asked all of these questions from the get go solidifies Jibrel even more. I am balls deep since the ICO and really hope it all works out, but we wont know until the DAO is online. If it works out then great, I’ll be rich and successful, it it doesn’t then too bad, it’s a big risk, but the potential reward is so fucking worth it.

Jnt is a requirement for the DAO to hold for proof of solvency of current tokenised assets.

JNT is burned in the creation of CryDRs and used as jGas. Also, on-chain backing is not a gimmick, it's important. It allows anyone to check the DAO at any time to see if it is indeed liquid.

Regarding your other point: As long as there is liquidity in the DAO for jCash JNT will remain solvent. Even in the case where EVERY speculator dumps their JNT (extremely unlikely, just based on logistics alone) the DAO can buy them all back as long as it's liquid. The SEED partnership is just to address this matter: Liquidity for jCash.

And consider this: Liquidity for the DAO is only increasing once it's working, because it's algorithm makes it literally buy low and sell high.

And once the liquidity of the DAO is set in stone, there is no way anyone would sell JNT under value, because the DAO would buy back higher. Lastly, there is the failsafe that allows people to buy ETH/BTC with their jCash to exchange against fiat.

>inb4 what if ETH and BTC go to 0 as well hurrr

"because it's algorithm makes it literally buy low and sell high."

Are you a member of the team? Where's the info from.

crydrs are just "smart" IOUs for the tokenized assets
explain to me how jnt is needed for that?
is it needed to issue crydrs? no
is it needed to buy them? apparently also no, since I heard you'll be able to buy them with btc/fiat

we already proved that the "proof of solvency" is only solvent until it isn't

the gas excuse is pretty weak, you can use eth for it. On-chain backing is not 100% reliant. When shit hits the fan, the entire project will have to be solvent offchain anyway.

>Even in the case where EVERY speculator dumps their JNT (extremely unlikely, just based on logistics alone) the DAO can buy them all back as long as it's liquid.
yea and guess what when they try to pay out those jnt to the customers? once the first customer starts dumping their jnt for btc to cash out to fiat it's O V E R.

>The SEED partnership is just to address this matter: Liquidity for jCash.
so their buddies will act as a fake buying power? nice ponzie you got there going

>it's different when we are talking bitcoin or any other coin and when we are talking something that's supposed to work as a 100% safe, solvent store of value. There is no room for trust/confidence.
>
>>You know that the jWallet will act as fiat on- and offramp through SEPA/SWIFT transfers, right? You can directly exchange jCash for fiat.
>>You better do some reading, then we can talk. The fact that you didn't know you could exchange fiat and jCash directly already disqualifies you imo.
>I knew that the whole time. That's why I and the other guy were arguing that there is no need for JNT when everything is backed by real money anyway.

i wrote like six pieces of fake fud last night for fun. one of them was - why do you need a token for proof of solvency. can't you just reveal jcash balances and eth/btc balances as proof?

...Dude. That's like the most basic element of the DAO. It buys/sells JNT based on market price so that the amount of JNT in it matches the outstanding onchain liabilities. If JNT drops in value, the DAO will buy more to ensure that outstanding jCash is covered. If JNT goes up in price due to speculation, the DAO will sell because it has too much JNT. This way the DAO constantly generates liquidity through market volatility.

I'm done arguing with you people, keep fudding brainlets here. I'm out until you show a basic understanding of the project.

>everything is useless because you can use something else for it
>It's a ponzi all of a sudden
>On-chain backing is not reliant when I just explained how it is

yeah, you guys are trolls.

ive never read about jnt before and this is literally the only comment of this thread i've read but it sounds like a ponzi coin so im going to start spreading that

jibconneeeeeeeeeeeec

>the DAO will buy more to ensure that outstanding jCash is covered. If JNT goes up in price due to speculation, the DAO will sell because it has too much JNT.
and how will that happen? technically? will they do that on their own platform only? on all exchanges that list specific asset?

>everything is useless because you can use something else for it
>It's a ponzi all of a sudden
>On-chain backing is not reliant when I just explained how it is

I don't personally like this
>hurr this project doesn't need its own token
argument, but in Jibrel's case it's painfully obvious
On chain solvency is not needes when lie you guys say it basicly wants to be a bank, and they applied for a license AFAIK. On chain solvency was just a nice excuse to issue a purely speculative token which allowed them to collect $30m. End of story

>and how will that happen? technically? will they do that on their own platform only? on all exchanges that list specific asset?
Market makers have the incentive to buy/sell overbought/oversold JNT too, not just the DAO. For example, the jcash/btc ratio is oversold, people will are incentivised to BUY jnt, tokenise the current price of the JNT through a CRYDR, and then buy the undervalued btc.

I still can't believe the got Russian devs. Who are the devs? Most projects focus on devs, but we got business people running a crypto currency. Look at other coins and compare to this one. They are amateurs with dreams

Fucking Russian bro. WTF? Fake resumes/portfolios are known from russians in programming scene. They fell for the bait KEK

You forgot to change IP, faggot.

outed

you are really bad at Veeky Forums
kill yourself

I didn't mean to post from 2 IPs. It was meant to be a continuation. I admit though, when I read it now it seems like I'm trying to be 2 different people

>same ID
HMMMMMM

Thanks for the compliment. Will do!

kekked

Does someone has any actual answer to this? Are the devs competent or not?

They are, chill.

Their stuff also got audited by a security auditing firm for bugs and flaws, cant recall the name but check for yourself om their website.

This is the absolute state of Veeky Forums. They don't comment on what I say, only make fun of me. I don't know mate, but they outsourced their whole dev team to Russians in Russia. Check for yourself

Audited doesn't mean shit. Code quality is what is important here.
>println("Hello World").
There, audited at 100%. No vulnerabilities found.
How about they get actual reputable blockchain devs?

proper retard

0,00004136 BTC already

Still discussing the non excisting use case about the JNT tokens? Keep it up.

I only care about the dollar value as I am buying with fiat, not btc

And I don’t care about it slowly bleeding atm, if it will be at this value in half a year I will be concerned, but IMO in a few days its going >1$ and staying there.

I understand that you want to FUD it to accumulate bro, I would if I wasn’t all in already. Hell, I still FUD it for fun sometimes.

Your logic makes basically no sense, since JNT has no direct fiat gateway and you have to buy in via BTC / ETH which makes the satoshi value the only relieable factor.

>IMO in a few days its going >1$ and staying there.

I have heared that one week ago
I have heared that two weeks ago

>What is supply and demand?

I buy btc/eth for a given amount of fiat -> I instantly buy jnt for the amount of btc/eth I bought

btc/eth price does not count for me at all in this equasion, all that matters is the usd value of jnt

>what happens if there is no speculative buying power on the market and the DAO keeps accumulating the tokens while the price doesn't go up

You realise this makes no economic sense at all, right? Why would there uniquely be no ... absolutely no ... demand for JNT? Your question relies on a ludicrous hypothesis. So sure, if no-one ever wanted to buy JNT, despite the DAO keeping up a constant stream of demand that gives it value, if literally not one person ever wanted to buy it then yes, all the tokens would end up in the DAO. Except, of course, THAT WILL OBVIOUSLY NEVER FUCKING HAPPEN BECAUSE IT WOULD MEAN THAT EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE WORLD HAD BECOME RETARDED AND WOULD SIT BACK AND NOT BUY SOMETHING THAT WAS MASSIVELY UNDERVALUED!

You could ask the same question about literally any crypto. 'Wouldn't this not work if no-one ever bought any?' Yes, all of them would cease to have value if no-one ever bought any. BUT THAT'S NOT HOW ANYTHING WORKS!

Its: I heard that

The castellano is showing

>crydrs are just "smart" IOUs for the tokenized assets
>explain to me how jnt is needed for that?
>is it needed to issue crydrs? no

If you haven't read the documents and don't know that the answer to you second question is yes, then you really shouldn't be commenting. CryDRs must be loaded with JNT equal to the value of the assets in question plus a margin before they can be activated.

One thing I don't understand is where the DAO buys it's JNT from. It's not going to be KuCoin...

Talal just said on the Telegram that they will be listed on exchanges with a lot more volume.