Al/ck/

Hate yourself in the morning
State your woes and regrets
destroy your body

Al/ck/oholism General v. 215666535

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/t5IOG
youtu.be/-2-xf78eYS8
quora.com/What-are-the-different-emotions-associated-with-the-8-possible-combinations-of-Dopamine-Serotonin-and-Oxytocin-when-you-label-them-as-low-and-high
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Vote TRUMP 2016!

I woke up in a terrible state this morning. I wasn't hungover, but I can tell my pancreas is getting really tired of my drinking. I should take a break.

hey! whats up everybody welcome to my laboratory where avoiding hangovers is the number one prioritie!
How do you guys avoid it? i take ¨yeron¨ its aspirine caffeine and some sort off aluminum something, i dont know.. you can find it everywhere here in my country and its really cheap ( one american dollar a blister with 4 pills )

Just stop drinking. It's literally that easy.

you've clearly never dealt with or been an alcoholic
stopping drinking is one of the hardest and most terrifying things you can do

Not really though.

Just get a hobby and stop wasting your life feeling like hit.

2 weeks sober but only cuz I'm broke. Fuck me m8 I want a cold 16'pack so bad.

Please. Drinking makes my hobbies 100x better. Especially fishing. I love bringing some cold ones to the lake and fishing. And now that footballs back I'm loving Sunday's again

try harder next time

At a point last week, Monday morning to be exact, I decided that it had to end. A weekend (read: Friday night through Sunday evening) of drinking, alone, starting at dawn and trying to keep myself awake with energy drinks throughout the day but usually failing around 4 left me in the deepest, most abject hell by Monday morning. Absolutely crippling depression, and I can guarantee that the energy drinks had something to do with it, so many of you may not know *exactly* what I'm talking about, but that's not the point of my post. The point is that I've resolved to never drink alone again. As good as drinking feels at first, I've finally been able to reason with myself that the slippery slope I slide into on the weekends, oftentimes tanking handles and side beers, is not worth the dark places I'm forced to visit when that happens. To an outsider, it sounds easy: "If it makes you visit hell, just don't drink it." It isn't that simple, and it's taken me a couple of years of hard drinking for me to get to where I am and move the fuck on. I'm a week in and my willpower to not evet commit the same, cyclical errors I have in the past is far stronger than the draw of the substance. I hope the rest of you can get there too.

Forgot to throw in a "/blog," but I hope you get me anyway.

This is al/ck/

It's blogpost after blogpost. Life sucks, most of us are at least 30.

I'm divorced, one kid, courts gave me pretty much all of the benefits a man could ever wish for in a divorce, yet i don't want to see my son, I don't want to see that dumb cunt of an ex. i don't want to work. i just want to live in a drunken stupor until my organs fail. i hope i don't even have a funeral.

Can somebody explain to me how alcoholism works? I'm not trying to be condescending or anything, really the opposite. My mother was a heavy alcoholic and I don't want to be the same, does alcohol have addictive properties? thanks.

If you get hangovers instead of withdrawals you're not full blown and should quit while you're ahead.

Mostly psychological which really varies but there are physical withdrawals. Feeling buzzed/drunk is normally a good feeling. Physically I only experience normal foggy feeling in the morning and cant talk or think for shit but I also get the shakes and get kind of manic with anxiety(on top of your stomach being fucked up after you've put little in your body aside from water, whiskey and bread or some shit for a month).
Which is babyshit compared to how I get without smoking, opiate withdrawals and the worse.. Benzo withdrawals. Enough that I will happily go through my alcohol withdrawals as I do once a week before I just go back to it the moment I have a day I don't have it.

Really it's just not drinking or getting drunk every day. You'll be fine if you actually try since its easier to prevent then stop.

2/21
Alcohol is physically and mentally addictive. It provides a temporary escape from shitty emotions.

The best way I can explain the progression from weekend warrior to full blown alcoholic is through a shitty metaphor which will come in future posts.

To also add you can be addicted to tons of shit, not just 'bad' things. My sleeping is horrendous with my insomnia. Alcohol makes me actually sleep. I've tried many over the counter and prescription meds but even shit like zzzquil claims is none habit forming well I had shitty withdrawals from that too only using the reccomend dose for a week(pre-alcohol and drug days). Caffeine withdrawals are also a thing but tend to be more subtle.

3/21

I decided fuck the metaphor.

>started drinking at 16
>fun way to spend fri/sat nights
>black out occationally, throw up sometimes, whatever
>makes me more sociable, life is good when i'm drunk, women laugh at my jokes, etc.
>get to college
>drink on weekends but start drinking more on weekdays with my 21+ friends
>hung over at class more often, black out and do shitty things
>core friends still like me, but ashamed of my ways so i just stick to weed the following summer
>get seriously depressed sophmore year, start drinking every time i can get my hands on plastic handle vodka, cut class, manage to scape by with Ds and Cs
>quit drinking for second semester
>summer after sophmore year, get job on dreamland paradise island
>literally
>party every night, 100ish 18-25 y/o staff members skinny dip off the rocks
>discover daily drinking is possible, don't get hangovers, get fucked up every day starting at 3
>get laid all the time, fall for a girl out there, everything is peachy
>leave and go back to college for junior year
>drinking all the time is now associated with fantastic memories, fun, and sunshine
>continue daily drinking, still make it to class, things are going fine-ish
>cold weather comes
>cue surprise anxiety and panic disorder
>think i'm dying all the time, 8+ hour panic attacks (yes seriously)
>prozac cures me
>now i'm drinking daily on prozac (amps alchohols effects 30%)
>start blacking out more and fucking up more
>friends notice the change, but stick with me because they're good shit

4/21

>summer on island paradise 2.0
>keep losing control
>ashamed of my fuck ups, combined with anxiety all the time
>alcohol takes away the shame and anxiety
>drink in the mornings to numb these emotions which are strong as hell when I wake up
>summer ends, not as fun, fucking 5-6/10s instead of 7-9s because being a drunkard ain't hot
>grab loads of booze on my way home
>shaking hands and anxiety on the way home, nips on the highway baby
>back to school
>take day off drinking
>mistake
>auditory hallucinations
>shadow people
>full body shakes
>constant state of panic
>tired but too wired to sleep, close my eyes and see grinning demons staring back at me
>call friend in panic, go to store, get booze, taper off

I quit drinking for about two weeks after that then went back. All the issues that cause me pain that have resulted from my drinking all disappear after that first sip. I think I'm doing well then I just say fuck it, and two beers turns into a five day bender at 30+ units a day. That's the mental addiction, the physical is just when you get withdrawals.

That's not how it works for everyone, but its how its worked for me. I have a good job lined up a year later and I don't want to fuck it up. I get sober for a week then get drunk non stop for five days straight. At this point I know I need help but daily AA or rehab just seems so inconvenient right now. I just need to stay alive and out of jail for the next 3 months.

Yeah.

6/21

7/21

8/21

9/21

10/21

Motivation the post. My nigga

11/21

you know how heroin or meth gets so you so fucked up that you can't go to work or even do anything while on the drug
well alcohol is pretty much the polar opposite
its easy to hide how drunk you are, its easy to consume, its easy to lose track of how much you've consumed.
You can go to work get drunk and come home and get more drunk. You can hide your vodka in a water bottle and people will think you're just staying hydrated.
When you wake up in the morning you think hey Ill just have a couple shots or a beer or whatever to cure your hangover like normal people drink momosas or bloody marys but then you drink to excess. you probably dont understand because you might not have an addictive personality like most of us do but its really hard to limit yourself. Its legal, and easy to obtain

are these OC? I like them a lot

more plz

credit to /u/SHITTINI from reddit on the /r/cripplingalcoholism sub. its one of the few good ones. dont post there just lurk.

heres the album
imgur.com/a/t5IOG

half a bottle into 151 right now

very functional alcoholic here usually drink a bottle of pic related 4 nights a week. no idea how I'm still alive

im new to alcohol turned 21 a few days ago,
anything you guys recommend in areas of wine and spiced rums?

With wine you really have to go out and try shit. You have to discover which flavours you like the most. My faves are Chianti and Nero d'Avola.

>my face when marijuana literally saved my life
>that feel when the paranoia comes back

i'VE BEEN TP;D TO SMOKE WEEK INSTEAD OF DRINKING BUT I ALREADY HAVE PARANOIA ISSUES

i just need to stop drinking

>i'VE BEEN TP;D TO SMOKE WEEK
dude, go to bed

just got the fingers crossed up on the keyboard

I recently added a pass code to my phone because I'm paranoid of my family finding me dead from alcholism aand seeing weird shit on my pgone

Went on a bender this weekend. somehow its tuesday and im still fucking drunk. Jesus chirst. done some stuff this weekend im not proud of.

This Saturday I'll be 26 days sober.

However, I've been invited to a dinner with people I know will be drinking. It should just be a few beers but there's a possibility it spills into something bigger (although one of the guys has a relatively newborn baby so probably not) or it gives me a taste of what I've been missing and I relapse. The cravings have finally subsided so I was feeling confident with my sobriety but I don't want to be that sober guy saying no every time I'm offered a beer (mainly because nobody knows how bad my alcoholism was) and I know I would go overboard drinking over dinner, it's just the aftermath I worry about.

Should I just say no to all drinks or should I just drink the beers, enjoy them, and focus on controlling myself later and the day after?

*I know I wouldn't go overboard drinking over dinner

if your alcoholism really was that bad, chances are you will relapse hard. maybe you should just skip the dinner.
or you allow yourself to get shitfaced one night per week and try to stay sober the other six

>maybe you should just skip the dinner.

I really can't. Haven't seen these people in five months and I honestly want to see them. Cancelling now would come across as rude and I'm not saying it's because of alcohol.
I don't want to get shitfaced any night any more, I honestly just want to be that guy who has a few social beers every now and again, I just don't know if I'm ready yet.

realy sucks though doesnt it. I wish I could drink casually but my drinking habit stops me its fucking terrible

Drinking Bombay at 730 am bros.

Been on a bender, my heart is getting fucked with. Girl playing me and another dude. Trying to end it peacefully and gracefully, hurting.

Had to wake up and drink to stop shaking.

Those Lemon Extracts are like 90 proof and super cheap (I steal em) and they get me through another day of work, i have the gun next to me right now should i just do it.

Make an exit bag family, no need to leave a mess

I mostly detoxed this weekend after a shitty boozy summer. I heard that 21 day is what it takes to create a habit, so I'm doing 21 days of low-to-no booze to see if I can crack this thing. October 2, I'm crossing off the days.

If it doesn't work I have have to go dry, which will wreck me emotionally. But I think I'm legit going to die if I keep drinking the way I have been

Glenknichie 12 years or Glenfiddich 14 years ?

>relate to this the hardest
>gf I want to marry has to deal with my alcoholism

It ain't fair.

Glen 14 is so fucking solid for what it is. I'm gonna stay dry for a few weeks because I'm committed to teaching myself self-control but I might buy a bottle of this when friends come around next to split with them. No more drinking alone for me, I know exactly where that road leads.

Fuck I just started drinking once or twice a week alone. I tried the Glenfiddich last week. Pretty good but I can't really judge whiskey properly.

>drink nearly every day for the past 6-7 years or so
>black out just about every time
>finally had enough of this shit
>looks gone to shit
>health gone to shit
>relationships super shaky
>sober for about a week but give in after some bad shit happens
>go on a bender for about 6 days
>wake up and look in the mirror
>I mean REALLY look at myself for the first time in ages
>eyes dark and sunken in and red
>hair looks dry and brittle
>skin has visible wrinkles and grey/pale as fuck other than red blotches/dryness and whatever
>look thin, gross and malnourished as all HELL
>feel like throwing up upon seeing what I've become

>fast forward about 2 weeks sober
>skin has a lot of color back
>eyes no longer sunken in and look brighter
>hair has its shine and softness back
>wrinkles far less noticeable, borderline gone
>feel a bit tired and a bit depressed because body still isn't used to lack of booze, but feel amazing otherwise

Obviously I'm not where I could be yet, but goddamn seeing how sick I looked that day was one hell of a wake up call. I'm honestly afraid to relapse again, I don't want to go back to that life.

Anyone here get sober and stay sober? I still want to drink all the time, but just remembering how I looked that day was enough to scare me for a while. Literal zombie-tier.

I did. I was sober for 2 months then I found out I was pregnant. Now i've officially been sober for 6 months and i'm doing really well. Good luck to you user.

>tfw my reviews aren't getting many views
youtu.be/-2-xf78eYS8
currently drinking said rum. I also have some Redemtion Rye, but I'm saving that for tomorrow's review

my still is running as we speak. dark times..

why don't you just tell them how bad it was? I'm really sorry mate but to me it sounds like your body will forever react badly to alcohol because of excessive drinking, and the only way to fully recover is to never touch the stuff again

I'm in somewhat of the same situation. My brother's wedding is this Friday night. Everyone's getting shitfaced afterward and staying in hotels. It'd cost me an arm and a leg to get a taxi back home and I'm without a car right now.

I hate that I'm somewhat dreading my own brother's wedding. I don't want to be around alcohol, but what can I do.

I'm 2 months sober now, and that was the hardest part about stopping. I live in wisconsin so basically every activity I did revolved around booze. Going fishing? Lets bring a rack of beers. Watching the game? Lets all meet at the bar. Hell, we have outdoor events literally called "Beerfest" where I live. Its tough trying to do everything you're used to and be ok without drinking, or without getting angry because you can't while all your friends drink

I don't care about your problems, I just wanna know where this dreamland paradise island is

how do people here feel about dolcetto wine??
specifically Giacomo Grimaldi dolcetto d'Alba

So what are you guys doing during the day? I usually just sit around for about 5 to 6 hours then I get ready and then I'll go out again to the bar to drink again. I've been at since friday.

But seriously, this.

Entering into an alright cutback zone of like a bottle of wine a day. It could be worse.

I'm not trying to be an asshole here but you just don't know what addiction is having never been one. I mean I'm glad you arent', but you don't understand what you're talking about.

how do you even afford to do this jesus christ

now I get why conservatives don't wanna fund welfare

why does anyone ever spend more than three dollars on a bottle of wine
I've done plenty of tastings and I'm aware that it gets better than a three dollar bottle of white from Aldi, but fuckin'
Maybe I just like simple things but I can't wrap my head around the idea that 10-15 dollars a bottle is like, the standard that people hold themselves to.
It's not like it's Franzia or nothing.

Lad.

guys I think I need help

>tfw you love drinking with friends
>tfw you always liked drinking alone and it's even more dependable to get you right where you want to be

Wanna elaborate.

Personally, I hate drinking with friends, because I tend to get blackout drunk. When I drink alone, I can stay exactly where I want to be, and only black out when I mean to get that smashed. Also drinking at bars gets expensive. I can easily spend $50-70, not including buying drinks for others.

Shiraz and black spiced. Captain Morgan may be pleb, but their black spiced is tasty on its own as well as mixed with cola, ginger ale, or a bit of soda water.

21 year old nerd here
How is drinking at bars considered like such a standard social activity
There are only a couple I ever go to regularly, for reasons other than just to drink, and even at that I pregame hard as fuck and still end up spending too much. How do people manage to get pissed without bleeding themselves dry?

Yeah I feel you, but my post still is representative of the way I feel. It's just like fuck...

Yeah I'm 26 and I still don't get how much money people can spend on booze. I just suspect it has to be much easier if you have a real career instead of a job.

Another shitty night of sobriety and depression. Nothing is interesting and I have no desire to even talk to any of my friends. I'm so bored I may as well just sleep.

I'm very sorry. I understand exactly how you feel and it's not fair and it's not your fault. I've heard good things about ketamine and lsd as long term treatments. Regardless, you're far from being alone.

It's nights like these that makes me wonder if it's even worth it to try and quit, but everyone seems to say it is in the long run. It's that time between that's fucking hell though.

I have way too much of an addictive personality to try and cope with this with other drugs. I know I'm not alone but it sure can feel that way when minutes sometimes feel like hours while sober.

After you dry out your dopemine levels return to normal. It's all the interim period that sucks balls. Drink coffee while you're sobering up and it'll help, it's a bad way to abuse a stimulant but it works. You need to wait about 5 days before your shit will level out.

This is how shit works and it gets all fucked up on booze

quora.com/What-are-the-different-emotions-associated-with-the-8-possible-combinations-of-Dopamine-Serotonin-and-Oxytocin-when-you-label-them-as-low-and-high

hey family

i spent the last month in montana visiting a friend when he and i had a really bad fight.

i drove 12 hours home (colorado) and immediately slammed a disgusting amount of vodka and passed out.

the next day i started drinking again like an hour after i woke up because too many feels. kept myself drunk all day, but ended up talking to a girl.

today, since i'm talking to that girl, i don't feel nearly as powerful an urge to drink. but she did help me with the urges. she seems real nice, guys.

The main thing you need to know is if you're really depressed, it's not you, it's the booze. That shit, if you drink hard, makes you unhappy. When you do properly sober up for a week or so, you will be better. Other than that, talk to your friends and talk to a doctor, they'll help you out.

I turned 21 last month, and since then I've only been drunk once. And I was by myself.
I had maybe 4 beers (craft), three beers through I started on my last - a coffee porter - which I was sipping on for about an hour. Then I took a shot of Woodford Reserve. Then I grabbed I a Busch Signature, light beer. But I threw up before I could almost finish it.

Anyways, from my drunk experiences in the past, I typically bob and swing my head back and forth in my computer chair while listening to music as if I were bouncing around in a car crash. Then I throw up.

I'm pretty sure I know my limits by now.

So why are you in the alcoholics thread exactly?

Stores sell 100ml bottles, and 375 ml bottles, then 750 and so on or any strange amount in between. Notice the difference between the quantities of liquor and their respective prices, don't get fucked. For my birthday I spent like 15$ on a 375ml bottle of The Kraken only to find out the next day that the 750ml bottle was like only 20$.

You want wine? Go to taste testings. Your finer liquor stores should hold tastings once a month or so. When you find what you like, hold on to it. Then come back here and ask us what meal you should pair your selection with. I cannot wrap my mind around the idea of people drinking wine without a meal or a snack.
Uggh....... drinking anything other than water without eating something as well... absolutely disgusting....

>the different types of wines are named after the types of grapes used
>get a wine book for toilet reads or coffee table reference - whatever
>black spiced rum is amazing
>what's good nigga

Because there isn't a general?

You're kidding, right?

You want funny?

i was posting a bunch of shit about self harm and vomiting in my bed about a week ago

just got out of detox

christ, so many hallucinations and shakes

Are you feeling better at least? Hope you do your best to stay sober this time, user.

i feel less mentally insane but i can't sleep

i am indeed going to stay on the wagon for as long as possible this time

What's a good lower-middle end vodka? I've been making Whisky sours lately and they're my favorite drink, but it's a pain in the ass and I don't want to squeeze lemons every damn day. Vodka is more versatile and I've been craving bloody mary's and Greyhounds. I never want to taste $11/handle rot-gut Kamchaka or however it was spelled again. But I don't know about shelling out for Tito's.

Also, is Gin worth it by comparison? I've never tried it.

stoli or beefeater

>IN B4 BLUH BUL BLUH

just kidding guys you can argue with me i wont mind

i can tell you there is no better feeling in this world than goign through hardcore withdrawals and having 8 mg of ativan slammed into your elbow intravenous line

I don't think there's any time that valium isn't great. Still..

truth

is valium food??

can we cook with valium?

>add a little je-ne-sais-quoi to the tart meringue?

You're a terrible person

50€ at least. Once I spend 90€. It's pretty exspensive for cheap booze