Will Ethereum still be the top platform come EOY?

There are more and more coins looking to compete with Ethereum. Do you think it will still be the top platform coin come EOY, or if it will be replaced by another one, and why?

Neo is having an increasing numbers of ICOs, but does seem to have scalability issues.

Ada is promising, but not much is out yet.

Eos is getting shilled to hell, but it is even less advanced than Ada.

Icon has been getting "partnerships" but not much seems to come out of that.

Then there's Aion, Achain, Nuls, Komodo and all the rest.

Do you think that Eth's updates enable it to keep competing, or will it be replaced by a newer coin that has learned from its lesson and looked to integrate solutions to them from the start?

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/on-the-origin-of-smart-contract-platforms/on-the-origin-of-smart-contract-platforms-ff466b7bb839
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You forgot stratis, smart contracts and privacy to btc

There are a lot of them, I just wrote the first ones that came to mind. Enigma is another one that I haven't looked into but that seems to have similar goals iirc.

I'm guessing there will be a handful of successful ones and the rest will fall by the wayside. There are a lot of them that have very similar goals even if they take slightly different approaches.

MAN is the only one that compares. If ETH updates achieve what they say they will all of shitcoins you mentioned will be blasted away. MAN tho, has China locked in.

ETH is filled with people who have shown great intelligence in public appearances. All competing platforms have demonstrated a lack of brilliance in their public appearances. Which leaves us with two options: a) no current competitor can top ETH, or b) some of these people might be smarter in private. b) is an unknown, so taking an optimistic position on that is essentially gambling. I think it's more rational to go with a), and of course reevaluate this belief periodically when new competitors enter the scene.

Not only are these projects competing with Ethereum, they are competing with each other. They may all constitute a nice middle-class of platforms which co-exist, but will not achieve massive decentralization on the scale of Ethereum.

You forgot Tezos, Polkadot, Wanchain etc.
Tezos is probably going to kill most shitcoins.

Enigma is the most promising one beside eth and neo

I agree with this, although not 'only' because there's merits in things like ADA.

I think the VC's that have backed MAN will raise it up to be an ETH competitor, and their One Belt One Road projects will see it be one of the first ACTUALLY useful public blockchains. It will change a lot imo

Read Ed Posnkas work about supposed Ethereum challengers.

medium.com/on-the-origin-of-smart-contract-platforms/on-the-origin-of-smart-contract-platforms-ff466b7bb839

Ethereum was more or less a scam. Solidity was created to be superficially similar to JavaScript so it could attract the lowest common denominator of programmer that are mostly interested in creating scam ICOs and will be crippled forever because of this. Banks and serious institutions will never move beyond PoCs on ethereum because of the inherent insecurity and difficulty in creating secure contracts.

Once you realize this you will sell all your ether and tokens and buy another platform coin.

Lux

>Banks and serious institutions
We want them to miss out on this so they become obsolete

No, ETH won't be top in the long run. It's a fickle platform, constantly plagued by issues and requires a unique code language.

I'm not sure which will be top... but don't sleep on NEM either, another good platform to keep an eye on.

Of course there will always be platforms that are "better" than Ethereum in some aspects but with that logic we will have a new Ethereum every year. First mover advantage is not a meme.

I think Nuls has a good chance of reaching the top 20 in a year. I think Ethereum will be the king for at least another 3 years.

Neo is a billion dollar disaster....the projects are not good at all...it is centralized and can't handle a single ICO...sold all my 800 Neo for Nuls.

Nuls will be the #1 platform. It is like a mix of Eth, Nano and Eos....they will beat them all. And biz wlll call it a shit coin every time it hits a new ATH until they fomo in at 200$ a coin....

Radix DLT will kill everything. No ICO.

Eos owner here
Care to elaborate

elaborate what?

>Ethereum has by far the most developers
>Ethereum has all of the best second layer developers
>Ethereum has the smartest people I'm blockchain
>Ethereum is only behind Bitcoin in community size
>Will these random fuckhead people overtake Ethereum because they changed a minor parameter?
No.

They absolutely, 100% will not.

If you watch Charles Hoskinson and think you're hearing someone as intelligent as Vitalik Buterin then you deserve to lose your money.

In what way Nuls in like Eos

you drastically overestimate how many people are working on blockchain at all at this point. The vast majority of people and companies that will develop on it haven't put their hat in the ring yet and it would be trivial for them to choose another solution that is inherently more than incrementally better than Ethereum.

If you think any of these projects are incrementally better than Ethereum you're delusional.

The talent behind Ethereum is a huge part of the selling point to new entrants. Nobody wants Hoskinson. People love Vitalik.

Wow...and you know who fast a developer can switch to another platform? Ethereum is going down. It was used for too many scams. People buy brands and Neo and Ethereum lost their good reputation.

The cardano brand is "creepy sociopath guy in bizarre settings says some strange shit copycatting Buterin"

Great brand.

ADA is a sleeping giant currently. It will definitely eat a big chunk of ETH’s pie if they deliver on their promises this year (which I trust they will with the team and financial freedom they enjoy)

proves my point. they buy what sounds good and feels good. you learn that in the first week of marketing.

Read into nuls. Not saying it's the next eth, but it's low marker cap compared to everything else mentioned in this thread and far from the worst.

NAS
Unlike other coins NAS uses proof of devotion, so the devs will get paid to develop on NAS, this creates incentives to devs to use their platform.
NAS supports solidity so devs can implement their code into NAS and deploy their smart contracts on the NAS network.
Stacked team including the NEO founder, co-founder etc.
Nebulas will be the first blockchain search engine.
Mainnet launch end of Q1.

No mention of VeChain? Already having it's own ICOs and the public blockchain is getting released in Q2. Vechain will be a monopoly on blockchain like Amazon is for ecommerce

>Ethereum is going down. It was used for too many scams.
Like Bitcoin was used for too many drug sales?

Pro-tip: stay away from VeChain

Thanks sold 100k

Pro tip: stop being a faggot

Look into Rchain people

I've had the displeasure of working with Charles once before. Extremely sociopathic and rude.

the market cap is 80 M actually..

This. Vechain actually will have enterprise use.

It is already priced in. This is way it fell after the BMW announcement.

The winner takes it all. The winner is just one.

you are all fuckheads and deluded fanboys
no serious company will want to run anything on a public blockchain
cryptokittydesaster shows finally why no business will touch the ethereum blockchain
they want their own blockchains they can control

so who delivers that?
search it or stay poor
/thread

Syscoin ICO platform comes out in the coming weeks with it's first ico and airdrop. It also has the highest tps and zdag.

NULS will do relatively good from where its is in the high 150 range to maybe like top 20 or something
Go buy some as their CMC fucked up their circulating supply and the market cap will improve once they fix it, thus bringing more eyes to it
Also colalboration with Elastos and Inschain blessed by the chinky gobbermint
Note how they are more substance than Vechain which is basically all marketing while NULS is trying to finish their product before Justin Sunning the entire thing

Tezos foundation is launching shortly and has a billion dollars to fund development. They will crush ethereum and the rest of the up starts.

idk
will that shit ever see the light?
almost forgotten

Can you elaborate, what makes you think sociopathic?

>Komodo

someone spoon feed me
is this ETH+XMR?
and if so, why the fuck is it not higher up?

There is only one blockchain that has any benefit over ethereum's roadmap that is credible and I never see a single post about it on biz.

Seems like it pumped to above 400m mcap based on purchases from the very blockchain technically interested alone.

It has no marketing or shilling.

its poa and it was mentioned but no interest

ETH has far greater penetration than any of those

Plue normies only know BTC and ETH, maybe LTC but wont know the other ones

Plus it has the potential to update and change within limits

For me ETH is king atm, but the smaller coins are obviously easier to invest in so its up to you