Why is American chocolate so shit?

Why is American chocolate so shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5BmEGm-mraE
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/11988947/Italian-companies-investigated-for-passing-off-ordinary-olive-oil-as-extra-virgin.html
forbes.com/sites/ceciliarodriguez/2016/02/10/the-olive-oil-scam-if-80-is-fake-why-do-you-keep-buying-it/#73a683c75e0c
oliveoiltimes.com/olive-oil-basics/mafia-olive-oil-on-60-minutes/50203
progressive-charlestown.com/2012/02/things-you-probably-dont-want-to-know.html?m=1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Types_of_chocolate#Classification
duckduckgo.com/?q=sugar worse than cocaine&t=hn&ia=web
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Memes.

Butyric acid.
The milk in American chocolate is artificially soured, to emulate the stale milk of old that the national palate has grown accustomed to.

Butyric acid is noted for its strong resemblance to vomit.

American chocolate is not shit in the way that European chocolate is not shit.

Cocoa is grown in neither country. But the difference is our most famous producers source and process it pretty badly. Other brands from the US can be really good.

Milton Hershey couldn't exactly replicate how Nestle made milk chocolate so he developed a process that incorporated a unique flavoring that he decided was good enough and Americans developed a taste for it.

This, though the purpose is shelf life.
The taste was accepted though, so many American chocolates will continue to have it. It does mean that it lasts for a long time.

The majority of American milk products are awful. chocolate, cheese etc.

The cheaper stuff is actually banned in the EU because it is harmful to humans. But in the US is gets pumped into all low value products.

In regards ot chocolate specifically, in additon to the milk quality, american chocolate is poor because it is more about the sugar than the cocoa.

This.

rBST is cancer. American cow products are some of the worst in the world.

But you get idiots who ate a steak and liked it so they claim their cows produce the best meat in the world.

High Fructose Corn Syrup makes everything taste like shit.

hershey's is shit, but not all chocolate in america is hershey's

the only difference between hersheys and other chocolate is that hersheys doesn't "bloom" as quick, ALL chocolate is shelf stable for a number of years
you are eating vomit tasting chocolate for no reason

your country and its priorities is so fucked up

My favorite grocery store chocolate brand (as opposed to local chocolates from chocolatiers, which I prefer) is Chocolove, and no butyric acid in site. Most decent, higher-end brands do not taste like vomit.

Sorry you don't have as much market diversity as us. :(

>The majority of American milk products are awful. chocolate, cheese etc.
>The cheaper stuff is actually banned in the EU because it is harmful to humans

American chocolate is higher quality than EU chocolate, which often cannot be sold as chocolate at all in america. EU chocolate is referred to as "chocolatey coating" in america.

Sorry to disappoint.

It's really fucking weird that you've got an image like that Euro-kun.

I was explaining this phenomenon to my girlfriend the other day, and I made the good point that there are so many pictures of this, because there are far more people in a wal-mart on earth at any time, than any other franchise location. at any time, there are probably millions of people on earth at wal-marts.

then we walked past an old man who had shit his pants. ruined my fucking argument

HOURLY OBSESSED YUROPOOR THREAD

>belgian chocolate
>boulder co
really murica, really
also I love 90% chocolate
this is possibly the best available at the supermarket

straya-chan actually, more so just want your country to pull your head in and get back to being great again

You guys are all mossing the point. American "chocolate" has very little to no actual cocoa butter in it. The definition of "chocolate" under american laws allow for artificial flavorings and sugar, or hfcs to take the place of cocoa butter, which makes it not chocolate.

Assuming anyone in this country actually made anything with real cocoa, cocoa fats and cocoa butter, it would probably be pretty good. But they wont, but costs. In the meanwhile, those same costs are driving the european markets to do the same thing, so bitch while you can, soon it'll all be artifical flavor and hfcs no matter where you go.

[citation needed]

go suck Ja/ck/'s cheesy christian poopydick, amerifag

wrong. american chocolate must be 10% chocolate liquor which is cocoa solids + cocoa butter

american ((((((((culture)))))))) is so parasitic atm that they are going to take the world down with them if Hilary gets elected
just look at the TPP, dark times are coming
youtube.com/watch?v=5BmEGm-mraE

"Very little to no"
Im fairly certain that covers 10%. Im also fairly certain "made with 10% chocolate stuff" has something to do with the problem. I wouldnt expect a burger to be very good if the patty was made with 10% cow parts and 90% fake fillers.

If i wanted that ratio of real to fail, Id go eat at taco bell.

Yeah, user, sure. Hundreds of brands of chocolate in America and they're all completely fake.

Actually, yes. The majority, especially from the larger companies, are.

Its like olive oil. It says olive oil on the bottle. But most of the time unless you.know which brands to trust, its rancid peanut oil inside.

Jesus christ is that real?

Sometimes the lemons you buy are just limes that are painted yellow. ;_;

>chocolate conspiracy theorists

Yes. The fake olive oil industry in America has been thriving for generations.
None of those brands are American.
Lindt is swiss.
Green and Black is a division of Cadbury operated under Kraft
Endangered species is a south amaerican free trade conglomerate, which is a nice way of saying "we dont know where it came from", etc.

TL;DR: none of those are american chocolate.

>muh microchocolatieres

the middle of skittles is really just used chewing gum

Yes. The fake olive oil industry in America has been thriving for generations.

woops, you meant to say italy.

California olive oil is the best in the world. Get fucked.

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/11988947/Italian-companies-investigated-for-passing-off-ordinary-olive-oil-as-extra-virgin.html

forbes.com/sites/ceciliarodriguez/2016/02/10/the-olive-oil-scam-if-80-is-fake-why-do-you-keep-buying-it/#73a683c75e0c

oliveoiltimes.com/olive-oil-basics/mafia-olive-oil-on-60-minutes/50203

Europoors on suicide watch. Holy shit.

>thinking Italy is the only country which produces olive oil

Spain and north africa produce far more olive oil than Italy, and at a better quality/price point ratio.

>falling for the extra virgin jew
I buy a $2 plastic bottle of the blended no name stuff from the supermarket for cooking purposes, extra virgin is a meme for cooking with.
its more suitable for antipasto and dressings where you can actually taste the difference but to tell you the truth I don't really eat either at home so the cheapest olive oil I can find is just fine.

Noted. Always nice to learn something new from some fellow shouting at you on the internet.

Back to the matter of why American chocolate isnt chocolate, here's a short piece I dredged up that should be a good research starting point for anyone interested.
progressive-charlestown.com/2012/02/things-you-probably-dont-want-to-know.html?m=1

Murgans love Hershey's so much because it is so heavily marketed to the unwashed, diabetic masses here. Many flyovers will have one choice of grocery in their entire county, assuredly a Wal-Mart. They will shamble in, immediately confiscate a power scooter, and proceed to spend their welfarebux on Hershey's.

*Disgusting shitkicker accent*

"I loooove Hershey! That shit sooooo good!"

Veeky Forums, WAT BARR is Randy "Macho Man" Savage?

Gonna cut someone with all that edge champ. You could say the exact same thing about the britbongs and Cadbury.

If it contains substitute oils or fats, artificial sweeteners, or milk substitutes it cannot legally be called chocolate in the USA. EU regulations allow for up to 5% of total content to substitute fats.

Also, after some reading, just about all of those brands are imported into the US and liable to be fake. American olive oils may be on the up and up, but not everything on the shelf is.

Same with the chocolates posted earlier, they're for sale in America, but that doesnt make them American. OP specifically asked why American chocolate is such shit.

Fillers and artificial flavors to drive production price down and profits up. Same reason everything else sucks. Actually, that can be apploed across the board in America. "Why is x shit?" "Because capital gains"

>Defending flyovers

Why tho?

We can't all be special snowflakes like you now can we?

I peeled the skin off a banana once and found a mars bar!

Holy fuck get a new insult. Refusing to be a fucking flyover does not make one a "special snowflake". Have some fucking self-respect. Unless you actively identify with the shitkicker demographic.

When you shart in the mart and the fart part smells tart.

Endangered species makes their chocolate in Indiana

>Butyric acid is noted for its strong resemblance to vomit.

Butyric acid is literally the chemical that makes vomit smell like vomit.

Idk but it really is. Doesn't matter if it's dark or milk, I thought I didn't like chocolate until I had some imported varieties.

Wow this is exactly what the offending notes of American chocolate remind me of too, stale vomit. Thx for the info user.

because americans like the taste of baby vomit on their candy just as much as they like emptying their bowels on an empty supermarket aisle

Because Americans are not very picky eaters, just add enough sugar and they'll eat everything

>he actually enjoys eating vomit flavoured 'chocolate'

"Hershey process" milk chocolate is popular in the US. The process was invented by Milton S. Hershey, founder of The Hershey Company. The process uses fresh milk from local farms. The logistics of purchasing and delivering fresh milk is difficult since according to state regulations fresh milk cannot be held for more than 72 hours after receiving it. If not immediately processed into milk chocolate, the milk must be disposed. The process is a trade secret, but experts speculate that the milk is partially lipolyzed, producing butyric acid, and then the milk is pasteurized and stabilized. This process gives the product a particular taste, to which the US public has shown to have an affinity, to the point that other manufacturers now simply add butyric acid to their milk chocolates.[6]"

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Types_of_chocolate#Classification
>ywn develop a taste for human vomit

Hence the endearing term, "vomit wax"

i dunno, but you are right.

Hersheys is the worst chocolate in the world.

Its almost an achievement to have managed to make chocolate that bad.

Italian olive oil rarely gets exported

>to which the US public has shown to have an affinity

I suspect this is simply because that's what we're used to from growing up. Everyone has one or more shitty foods that the only reason we like is because we were raised on it.

me too. I eat baker's chocolate lol

>real sugar

this is now a selling point

because it's american.
those fuckers can't get anything right

There are plenty of great chocolates that are made here that are not name brands

It has soy in it its a filler its shit good chocolate should be cacao butter cocoa powder sugar and either vanilla or cacao liquor. Soy products disrupt the tyoroid

>America is such a China level shithole that a sugary beverage advertises it has sugar in it as something special

I don't doubt that Americans actually believe this.

>Clappyfat doesn't understand why he has hfcs and first world countries don't

Protip: It's due to your government.

Also the fact that People of Wal-Mart has been collecting images of that for over 10 years.

Next you are going to say Commiefornian wine is anything other than swill.

Except Cadburys is, you know, chocolate.

FDA has regulations on the percent of Cocoa Liquor required for certain labeling.

Unsweetened or Brute requires minimum 85% (up to 99%)
Bittersweet requires minimum 35%
Semisweet requires 15%
Milk requires 10%
White requires 20% cocoa butter

Cocoa is not sweet. It is in fact very bitter. The higher the percentage of liquor, the more bitter the chocolate.

Baking chocolate is not very tasty, even though it is 90+% cocoa.

It's like sugar is worth it's weight in gold now. Or copper. Not sure which is worth more on the US Market now.

My most recent discovery.
Careful though, it's not suitable for pleb palate. It's for people with class.

this is why I wash my asshole after every shit I take. which is only once a day or every other day.

>that trail of ass juice in the top left pic
jesus christ

>70% dark

Jesus. If you want to eat a cocoa bean then eat a cocoa bean.

Chocolate is actual candy meant to be sweet.

Out government is probably your government too senpai

>he thinks 70% isn't sweet

It isn't, you fucking yuropoor.

Maybe if your diet didn't consist exclusively of bread and sadness you'd be able to distinguish between bitter and sweet.

It's simple: one tastes like dirt, and the other tastes like an angel's titty milk.

You fucking Europeans should maybe stop guzzling refugee cum, that way your taste buds wouldn't be obstructed by a cloud of saltiness and AIDS.

Seriously fuck off back to Ancient Mexico and join the Mayans in drinking boiled raw cocoa beans if you like the taste of dirt so much.

Oh wait, you'd probably go for the "chocolate" and stay for all the ritualistic child sodomy you fucking pinko.

shut the FUCK up. you don't know shit.

you are literally 12 years old

Organic and fair trade are memes, like the rest of the product.

oh and by the way YOU'RE FUCKING WELCOME FOR WW2.

not that it mattered, you all turned communist anyway.

good fucking job.

You seem upset?

course he's upset, you would be too if all your chocolate tasted of vomit.

You are literally too accustomed to bitter food to tell the difference between dirt and candy.

Funny you speak of vomit but you guzzle Ahmed's jizz down just fine.

ANYTHING OTHER THAN 100% IS NOT Veeky Forums RELATED
Sugar filled garbage does not belong on the food and cooking board as sugar is a drug worse for the brain than cocaine you retarded sharts. I hope someday all Amerishart IPs will be permanently banned from Veeky Forums.

why is one amerifat so desperately mad over some chocolate? it's weird.

Why is every europoor so desperate to make all their candy bitter? It's weird.

Because sugar is fucking horrible for you, retard. It's literally healthier to inject cocaine into your body than it is to eat Amerishart "candy" because it's loaded to the brim with enough sugar to kill a horse.

I call fucking bullshit on that one, Pierre.

Heavy goddamn citation needed on "sugar worse for you than cocaine lol". Bull. Shit.

I am so glad i never had to eat recycled vomit.

A friend living in Canada told me they have simliar problems with shitty chocolate. I think i'm going to send them some stuff from here.

duckduckgo.com/?q=sugar worse than cocaine&t=hn&ia=web
Here you go, Bill Hick. By the way, did you know your dad is also your mom's dad?

the samefag levels in this thread are frightening. you're literally SEETHING sonny.

>a search engine link

nice try. did you know that your boyfriend Ali's 14th wife is also your sister?

Is Butyric acid what makes powdered milk taste the way it does?

I could have sworn that Hershey's chocolate doesn't even use "wet milk"

Most of the chocolate that is marketed as high end in your supermarket is garbage for more than one reason.

XOXO is fine, but you have to look out for companies like Dagoba, which is just a subsidiary of Hershey's.

Did one report on the child slave trade in college, haven't looked at chocolate the same way since.

The word organic has lost it's meaning with its bastardization by bigger companies trying to sell "healthy foods" for Midwestern soccer moms. I will give you that.

I would suggest, however, you take a closer look at fair trade. It has some flaws, but it's a well principled movement that provides net positives to many impoverished farming families. Don't write it off just yet, we can still refine it into something great.

(((They))) may rule us both but they only subsidise corn production in the USA.

Do Amerisharts have access to Kinder chocolate? It's fucking delicious.

This

it's good in s'mores, though

Is this any good? My local Rural king has it available

You know what's better in smores? Literally any other chocolate. Hershey's is bottom of the barrel.