How are you paying for your education Veeky Forums?

How are you paying for your education Veeky Forums?
I don't just mean tuition/books.
How do you full time students afford rent/food/gas/exc?

I worked for a while as an assistant that allowed me to cover for most of my expenses, but have relied on my parents most of the time.
Where I come from, we have a culture of "take care of your kids until they are educated and get a job", as well as "take care of your retired parents".

>How are you paying for your education Veeky Forums?

Here in the actual land of the free college costs 30$ per semester. I pay it with my earnings from my part time job but I could simply ask my parents for it. 30 fucking dollars.

>tuition/books.

Those 30$ are tuition, I suppose. I don't buy books and we are not forced to. Professors bring their own books and teach with them, we take notes.

There is also a library only for our faculty filled with relevant books for all our classes and we may take as needed.

Basically, 0$

>rent/food/gas/

I live with my parents so I don't pay rent.

I eat my parents' food.

I don't have a license, however I only travel from home to university, to university to work and then from work to home.

Home to uni, my mom has to take my little brothers to school so I just jump in and get down when I'm close enough. Uni to work, the company pays me transport. Work to home, my mom gets out of her job just as I do so she picks me up.

EZ game EZ life.

>Here in the actual land of the free college costs 30$ per semester.
South Africa?

I can't think of a cunt that puts so little value on education off the top of my head.

>South Africa?

Not even close, but I'm sure even El Congo will achieve affordable university before americans.

>Where I come from, we have a culture of "take care of your kids until they are educated and get a job", as well as "take care of your retired parents".
Must be nice. Where I'm from we have a culture of "When you turn 18 you have to pay rent or leave"

With my grandparents' and father's pensions.
Books are on the internet for free.
I don't miss any opportunity to steal or have something give me something. I'm planning on renting out my house as well.

>I don't miss any opportunity to steal

What the fuck?

It is only moral to steal from rich people so I hope you mean you steal shit from your university, and not other students or professors.

>It is only moral to steal from rich people
Ok seriously where are you from? It sounds like an alien world. It's France isn't it?

Oh fuck I kept the SAGE name from the other thread I was doing the sage goes in all fields thing.

Fuck.

Anyways, I'm not from France.

It is moral to steal from rich people because rich people have no feelings.

UK here, we have student finance england to provide us with loans to pay the £9000 tuition fee over the four years.
Also got a couple of grants/bursaries/scholarships/whateveryouwanttofuckingcallthem giving me £6000 a year - I use that to pay for living (rent/food/gas/whatever).
For books you can just get them off libgen.

>It is moral to steal from rich people because rich people have no feelings.
Russian....?

> It is only moral to steal from rich people
Is that what your mommy told you? Strangers don't get my sympathies, nor do they deserve them, if I was looking for a rationalization.

Whenever I rent a place, I take everything I can. Every time I'm at someone's place, I take as much stuff as I can without raising a suspicion. I steal shit from shops, I take lonely bikes if opportunity arises. When it comes to other people themselves, I prefer to make them give me stuff willingly. I cannot imagine having a girlfriend and not using her for paying for small things and gifting me things. A lot of my shy pals would find themselves waiting for me to return their loan with no courage to actually bring it up. I bet you don't see manipulating people into giving things as immoral. Well you're wrong. It's every bit as immoral as stealing stuff, if one is to hold stealing immoral. They barely have any control over themselves. But it doesn't cross one of your arbitrary boundaries, so you don't get triggered. What an obedient rule-loving little boy.

I guess
If you live in europe, the advantage is that you have facilitations and even financial help.
If you live in america... well.

>Whenever I rent a place, I take everything I can.
Clearly a lie. If you ever rented you would know landlords require a deposit to stop you from doing exactly that.

>If you live in america... well.
We have a student loan program but it does not cover living expenses, it only covers undergrad, and you have to start making payments the day you graduate.

I don't rent just to steal shit, it's more of a compensation for when I leave the place.

So what we can all take away from this is:
All educated people are rich spoiled kids, Indians, or thieves.

There are no educated indians hahaha.

WHERE ARE YOU FROM ALIEN MAN!?!?

If this is true, why doesn't everyone in your cunt have a PHD?

Who in there right mind would choose to work a menial labor job?

Who sweeps the floors and pours the beers..... robots.

Your from Japan.

>If this is true, why doesn't everyone in your cunt have a PHD?
because it's boring.
I could go for a PhD if I wanted but you couldn't pay me enough to do it.

>because it's boring.
Seriously what planet are you from?
I get the feeling your trolling me but still.

WHO THE FUCK POURS THE BEERS
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

PhD doesn't give you too much if you don't want to do research. Academic jobs certainly aren't for everyone, and of course there aren't enough of them for everyone.

Also, not everyone is smart enough to get into/through university. Or the jobs that require university education aren't interesting to them. Your average person doesn't give a shit about sitting down and studying any more than is required to get the job they want.

It doesn't surprise me that an anime poster is this ignorant of the world around him but do try to think for yourself.

>>If this is true, why doesn't everyone in your cunt have a PHD?
>because it's boring.
>I could go for a PhD if I wanted but you couldn't pay me enough to do it.
Color me skeptical, but it sounds like the civilized world is pouring gasoline on the "too many STEM grads" fire.

The way to control that is by limiting the amount of places for would-be-PhDs, not by making the debt burden so great that only a small fraction of the population would even consider it.

Which would also ensure that the people that do get in are actually the ones best suited for it, not just the ones with the deepest pockets.

Wait? Are you talking about equality of opportunity?

This is america dammit! Only the rich should have rights!

HILLARY CLINTON 2016 TO ENSURE WALLSTREET GETS MORE MONEY OFF THE FILTHY LOWER CLASS.

A semester at my uni costs about 1600 in ameribucks and I download all my textbooks on libgen. I work as a carpenter in my summer and christmas vacations and when I have time during the school year. That keeps me paid

>HILLARY CLINTON 2016 TO ENSURE WALLSTREET GETS MORE MONEY OFF THE FILTHY LOWER CLASS.
>HILLARY CLINTON 2016 TO ENSURE WALLSTREET GETS MORE MONEY OFF THE FILTHY *MIDDLE AND UPPER CLASSES*
FTFY
Wall street ain't getting shit from the lower class.
Burger-flippers and cart-pushers don't have 401k's.

i don't live in America

>Tuition
Got a scholarship that cover 95% of it for basically being a non-retarded kid from the city. The only thing I have to do is 25 hours of community service each semester, so I help out at a food bank on weekends when I'm not busy. Total cost here is still some ridiculous bullshit like $65k, so I still have to pay around $2500 a semester, which my parents take care off, as long as I pay them back eventually. To do so, I've been doing Work Study every semester and summer work. Finished my 3rd year as a MechE and unfortunately still have not landed an internship, but I've always managed to at least do something in the summer, like working at a start up, a machine shop, and doing research.

>Books
I usually just torrent everything. For the rare exceptions that I can't find online, I either borrow a friend's, or buy an older edition, which works out to be approximately $80/year max.

>Rent/Food
Covered by scholarship so I live on campus in a double and have a meal plan even though I am local, which is pretty cool.

>Gas/etc
Don't own a car, and neither does anyone from my family since we never really needed it, though I guess I'd have to learn if I get a job really far away. I usually just walk everywhere, using public transportation on rare occasions. Otherwise, I'm not social enough to ever be spending a lot out-of-pocket on random stuff.

In the UK we get """"affordable loans""""

>His nation doesn't have free education

I don't really understand how you people just swallow that.

Less grants (ones that aren't repayable, anyway) and massive hikes in tuition fees. £40k+ debt on graduation, even if you studied art at university of shittington and your tuition consisted of one lecture per week.

And people just shrug it off as "oh well I'll be paying this off for the rest of eternity but whatever".

Housing prices also seem to be really overblown in a lot of cities, meaning just getting your average degree + house + family is gonna end up with your ass being owned by the bank.

Britain is crumbling, at the very least the repayment for a loan is extremely affordable.