Propane grilling

What's stuff I can only do with a fancy propane grill.

Buddy sold me his new one. Unlucky fuck got the Lone Star Tick red meat allergy right after buying it. Bought it out of sympathy.

Never owned a propane grill. 4 burners + side burner for pots/pans, closing lid with fairly accurate (tested it) temperature gauge.

Are propane tanks cheaper to run than electric glasstop stoves? Or hold any advantage otherwise?

Shit bud. How much did you pay?

Full price. Not even weeks old and he's the only coworker I genuinely like. Buying off him was a favor. Wasn't aiming for a good deal, just realized I've never had a grill and god himself was pushing me towards owning one.

Google says it's a good model for bang for your buck, so I'm not unhappy.

Anyway, what should I be doing with it. I like the idea of cooking outdoors, and having a real gas burner makes me irrationally unhappy for some reason. I've got enough camping gear pots+pans for the apocalypse thanks for hoarder grandpa. Seems fitting.

>Full price.

you're a fucking moron. he didn't even assemble it correctly going by your fucking pic.

He said he did it as a favor for a friend, hes obviously got more money than your broke ass

... that's not my pic. My camera got stolen a month back. My phone is a cheapo no camera model. Deal with it.

It's a 200$ grill, good reviews and OEM from what I read.

Now seriously answer the fucking question:

What the fuck do I do with a propane grill that I can't do as well otherwise?

If nothing, I'm actually surprisingly happy drinking beer while grilling on the back deck. It's surprisingly cathartic.

>8089574
>What the fuck do I do with a propane grill that I can't do as well otherwise?

have it stolen from your back yard and sold back to you by another co-worker looking for a favor. $200 later, you now have 2 co-workers who owe you favors

>What the fuck do I do with a propane grill that I can't do as well otherwise?

Not to be a smartass but grill. Grilled food is usually better in my option.

So there's nothing which takes advantage of a propane grill?

I'm seriously happy grilling outdoors. I basically never use my back deck despite living here for 20 years. I've got no complaints about the price. No residual smells in the house! Win-win.

Right now I'm planning on making the next game night a BBQ night as well. It fits in the back of my canopy truck just fine, can rope it down, and it seems sturdy as fuck.

>Grilled food is usually better in my option.
That was my opinion as well. IMO God-Tier is either slow cooker or grilled. Chicken and pork are cheap too.

>Not to be a smartass but-
Just any grilled meats then? I was expecting.... something. I'm spoiled by my slowcooker. For example, cheap as fuck pork shoulder is better than any expensive beef cut if used in a slowcooker.

>I was expecting.... something.

are you daft? you never go to other people's barbecue's? eat grilled foods outside? why even buy a grill if you don't like grilling?

Well corn too.

chops, chicken, burgers and brats are all amazing on my holland propane grill. Use a green egg for smoking but the holland grill is easy mode and still delivers a solid grilled flavor. veggies are awesome on the grill as well btw

>are you daft?
Slowcookers do cheap tough meats into god-tier food. Convection ovens are super useful all around. Toaster ovens are far superior to toasters for any bread. Etc.

Dunno. I was just wondering what gas grill are really good at in particular

eg
Yes! Grilled corn should be fantastic over any stovetop solution.

Chicken which doesn't suck outside of casseroles would be nice.

>Dunno. I was just wondering what gas grill are really good at in particular

i wasn't asking about slow cookers, convection ovens or toasters. what i specifically asked was:

>ou never go to other people's barbecue's? eat grilled foods outside?

>you never go to other people's barbecue's? eat grilled foods outside?

that. food that was actually grilled is what grills are for.

pork chops
bath them in olive oil and garlic with salt
the little bits of fat on the outer edges are to die for

>What have you seen a grill with
Burgers and hot dogs. Literally that's it. And I prefer charcoal for both.

then dump a bag of charcoal in your grill and be done with it

I find it hard to believe you've not been around grilled food much if you've been around slow cookers and convection ovens.

Meat, veggies, peppers, etc. I'm grilling right now. Marinated porkchops, veggie skewers, corn.

Make skewers. I just did spicy shrimp, tequila pork, zucchini, onions, and cherry tomatoes. Veggies with a bit of char are great, but usually need a little oil spread on them to cook well.
Don't be an idiot and make each person their own skewer. Each skewer should be one item, zucchini is going to take much longer to cook than cherry tomatoes.

Well, charcoal is slow and has shit control.

I was thinking Brisket might be the peak of what I can do with this.

>I find it hard to believe you've not been around grilled food much
Weather is shit 11 out of 12 months here. Convection oven is the peak of what people use.

>Kebabs
Fuck yes. Should have thought of these first.

he lives in fucking texas. of course he's been around grills. this is a bait thread

>Well, charcoal is slow and has shit control.

that's up to your equipment and your skill. don't blame your lack of interest in BBQ/grilling. besides your that one who said you prefer coal

Not him but you can't grill something that's already been grilled.

Where I live it snows October to March sometimes April. Grilling is fine in the snow, pretty fun and warm actually.

Unless you live in Iceland and get a straight 3 weeks of darkness or some shit.

Am "him", and that's not what he said.

Although twice baked potatoes might disagree.

No not Texas, buddy went to visit family and got stung hiking or something. Later found out he got the allergy thing from it.

Kalbi.