Hey guys, I have a bunch of dried chickpeas I bought a while ago, that I've been meaning to cook...

Hey guys, I have a bunch of dried chickpeas I bought a while ago, that I've been meaning to cook, but I have no idea what to make. What are some good things I can make with chickpeas?

So far I tried soaking then frying them, turned out alright, but I want something that's more like a meal and less like a snack.

I made a really good soup once called Soupe Au Pistou. Start with a vegetable broth base and add stewed tomatoes, mirpoix, then the rehydrated chick peas. Let it simmer a bit. Then on the side you make a basic pesto in the food processor or blender: olive oil, garlic, shit ton of basil, pine nuts and/or walnuts, salt, and pepper. Add a little dollop of the pesto when you serve the soup.

I think you can also drizzle the dry peas with olive oil, then toss in whatever spices and herbs you like, then bake them until they get crunchy and eat them as a snack

Hummus

Indian cooking uses lots of them. Look up "chana" and curry, masala, etc. for recipes.

>not starting with the mirpoix

>pine nuts
>pistou
where did you get this recipe?

Sounds great, thanks for the suggestion. also never thought about baking them, I'll look into it.

Yeah, I love hummus, I think I'm going to try sometime. I love indian food that uses chickpeas, I had some premade chana masala the other day and it inspired me to try to actually cook these lol.

Make pasta e ceci OP. Rehydrate your chickpeas overnight and then cook them like a stew with some onion, garlic, tomatoes and bayleaf. Once they are cooked puree 1/3 to half of them and boil some short pasta in the stewing liquid, then add the puree to thicken. Season with salt pepper and dried hot pepper flakes and serve with some parmesan. Filling, cheap, delicious and cosy!

falafel

That sounds absolutely horrible. You ought to be ashamed.

When soaked and boiled. Roast them on a dry pan, add salt, paprika maybe a pinch of cumin.
Great in a salad. Or just a snack.

Add them to tacos with some ground beef, vegetables and salsa.
Alternatively add them into a spiced rice and bacon dish, or any kind of stew desu.

>Start with a vegetable broth
stopped reading there

roast them in the oven after soaking for a couple of days. great snack. frying on a pan with oil is shit tier actually.
Also just boil them and serve as a side dish. That's beside obvious falafel and hummus.

you can put it in any fucking stew

Chana Dal.

do you mean... making dal from channa? or is it a combination of dal and channa? I'm not very familiar with indian cooking, sorry.

In Argentina they make chickpea crust pizza.

As a new vegetarian, I stock up my pantry with beans and sauces etc and try to challenge myself to come up with something. Latest thing I made was a mixture of cabbage, potatoes, onions, tomato sa— nevermind. This is my kidney bean recipe. I mixed my chickpeas in with some collards, and served it over recipe. Pretty basic recipe that can be altered to one's liking

*Rice, not recipe

Look up chole palak.