Though I'd try and be cool and drink an IPA

Though I'd try and be cool and drink an IPA.

Into the trash it goes.

Even the back is nu-male as fuck.
Fuck my ass I'm an idiot.

We warned you about the meme bro.

>nu-male
>Fuck my ass I'm an idiot.
Yep, and you've also literally bought the Yellowtail of beer.

Look all im saying is if im at the bar and its 2 dollar tuesday im getting the beer that is 7.9% over the one that is 3.

If that one happens to be an ipa so be it

>back when I was 16
>home from boarding school for some holiday vacation I forget which one
>friends from middle school invite me to go to the billiard hall and shoot pool and dude weed lmao all weekend together
>they pick me up and we get to the pool hall
>friend whips out a 6 pack of Sierra Nevada pale ale
>second ever time getting drunk was from two warm bottles of Heineken when I was 13 so I was glad to try something new
>chug two of the bottles in about a minute or so because I'm the funny fat one of the group that can achieve tucker max levels of drunk when I got older
>the beer was shit
>friends can only do a bottle and a quarter each and were gonna toss them
>being the fat alcoholic I am I took care of the fallen soldiers
>get my ass whipped at pool and then somehow win one game at the end
Tl;dr ipas are bitter and gross and unpleasant and the only way someone will see me drinking one is if it's a free beer. Bad beer is still good beer. I have a weakness for Miller high life. Just like how bad pizza and bad sex are still good. Same goes for beer.

You and me both, buddy. I can't stand IPAs.

just drink coopers pale you fuckface

I was anti ipa as anybody. But the fact is that there are soooo many out there now, that it's stupid to group them all together. Try some different varieties. I'm sure you'll like one at least. Maybe not. I don't care I'm drunk of dudes orange ale.

IPA tastes like shit unless your wife has a bf and you wear glasses

I laughed pretty hard at this. Fucking LOL!

that's the problem with the beer scene.

So many hipsters making wild new tastes in beer like cocksmoker and cigarette ash.

They've totally ruined the market. none of them know anything at all about brewing.

IPAs, and craft beer in general, are for hipsters and faggots. They are overpriced and taste like shit. If you want to get drunk, just have a Mike's Hard Lemonade.

>wants to try an IPA
>buys yenda

Cunt since your in Aus, fork out and get some pirate life IPA.

Why are beers snobs so fucking obsessed with IPA's?

Because IPA's used to be only something old men drank. Then one day, hipsters were looking for something to be ironic and snobbish about, and low behold, one of them reads a book on brewing and "discovers" the IPA. Brilliant! A beer that most people don't drink and tastes like ass; they can create a special secret hipster club around their ass-beers and all pretend to ironically like them!

Of course that jumped the shark some time ago and it's the non-hipsters non-ironically pretending they like them, being served ass-beer by large breweries pretending to be hipsters. The real hipsters have started to move on to other drinks, like gin & hard cider.

If you're going to judge any style of beer, try and pick out one of the best beers of its type.

I present to you: Two Hearted Ale

Not only one of the best IPAs, one of the best beers on earth, period.

People shit on craft beer on Veeky Forums constantly because they're underage, european, or haven't had the good stuff.

As a New Yorker this kills me, but check out anything offered by Bell's Brewery or Founder's. Both made in west Michigan and my favorite breweries.

i bet you drink it out of a sippy cup too

Never tried an IPA, but I really enjoy any Scotch Ale or Bock.

>The predictable "Oh you don't like X because you haven't tried the *real* stuff!" post

Nah

I just stick with Newcastle Ale. As a bonus you can find it almost everywhere.

>standard drinks: 1.4

bells is probably one of the least offensive ipas out there and also regarded as one of the best. It's an ideal ipa to start out with and see how you enjoy the style. In contrast, I can't drink a scotch ale without gagging a little bit.

Personal tastes I suppose, now if you'll excuse me I need to take my wives son to his mandatory Islamic appreciation class

Problem?
The general guideline is men can drink 2 standard drinks in the first hour and one standard drink every hour after, and be under the limit.
It's a guideline, nothing more.

Vast majority of IPAs are shit. I've only had two that are good. One was because it barely tasted like an IPA and the other had a great balance of flavor.

Only pedophiles drink Mike's Hard Lemonade.

It's true, watch any episode of To Catch a Predator.

>blech! Too bitter for mommy's little boy!

Vast majority of IPAs are shit. I've only had two that are good. One was because it barely tasted like an IPA and the other had a great balance of flavor.

Only pedophiles drink Mike's Hard Lemonade.

Quite right user. IPA's are for manly men like yourself and this fine gentleman.

Bitter, salty, sweet, sour, and savory are the five main tastes your tongue experiences.

IPA is a bitter ale. Some people prefer bitter over the other four. Quit being a little bitch because it's not a bottle of sugar.

Coke-Amatil makes it so you shouldn't really expect much.

yeah no shit.
Most IPAs are like sudafed mixed with quinine.
Total shite

>babbys first IPA

>faggots
>Mike's Hard Lemonade
pick two

>get drunk
>mike's hard lemonade
Pick one.

i never understood the amount of whiny bitching about this kind of stuff. its beer, if you like it you drink it, if you dont, then you dont. you make fun of "nu males" on your anime imageboard while theyre getting more pussy and enjoying themselves more than you. I hate the craft beer aesthetic but I think only a craft brewed faggot would make fun of or hate beer that isnt chocolate-oatmeal-sriracha beer

if its too bitter for your sensitive baby palate then I assume you're not able to drink things like whisky plain either then?

You say "on your anime imageboard" yet it's yours also, obviously. Then you go on to say if they don't like what you like then they are a baby by saying "if its too bitter for your sensitive baby palate then I assume you're not able to drink things like whisky plain either then?" Granted making a thread on a beer you didn't like is pretty lame and just looking for attention, but so is your reply to OP.

Enjoy your cancer from the additives they use to make it brown.

Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

That's like saying you hate mexican food because you had Taco bell.

The difference between good and shit craft beer is immense. Educate yourself before you post again.

It's widely regarded as one of the best beers ever.

it's a very, very good ipa. Even contrarian fucks on Veeky Forums agree with you on that but it's almost more of a pale ale taste wise then a traditional, bitter as fuck ipa.

Dirt wolf from victory brewing is more of a traditional ipa in my opinion, but I'll crush a six pack of bells any day. Haven't tried oberon or their porter but I hear good things about them as well

>widely regarded as one of the best beers ever

Stand back everyone, the flyover delusion is literally coming off the tracks.

This is such a relief. My friend loves ipa's and I felt like such a little bitch for thinking they tasted awful.

most of the best beer is flyover, specifically inland New England and the upper midwest

I can't wait for him to come up with some retarded shitpost to reply to you.

In any case, I really enjoy two hearted ale. I'm not a guy that can drink beer all the time, I generally have to be in the mood for it, but when I feel like a beer I enjoy two hearted. I generally like the Sierra Nevada stuff too, but I wish I could get stuff that wasn't their torpedo IPA and whatever seasonal beer they're doing. I want to try their fucking pilsner but it seems so rare.

>even contrarian fuck on Veeky Forums agree with you on that
Welp, that didn't take 5 minutes

Are you surprised? We're on Veeky Forums. This is where /v/ is, all the /v/ kiddies grow up and stop being able to hate on MGS3 to their friends and now have to pick something else to whine about. They pick beer.

Nice devil trips, btw.

aw shit I didn't even notice, devilish

>mfw I live in Oregon
Bad goy. Hoppy beers are good for you. Everyone should 5 or 6 over-hopped beers a day!

I find it hard to believe that your local liquor stores don't have porters, stouts, pilsners, etc. There's a lot of shit that aren't IPAs.

is there any truth to the rumor ipas up your estrogen level on account of the gratuitous amounts of hops?

I was making a joke about how the pacific north west and especially Oregon grow 98% of the hops used in the USA, so the demand for hoppy beers helps my local economy. Get it? Like a jew?

>most of the best beer is flyover, specifically inland new england and the upper midwest

I lived in PDX when I turned 21, then I went to school in NY and NE for half a decade, and spent the last couple years living in northern Chicago land, before just recently moving back to Northern California. If we're going on anecdotal/subjective/preferential evidence, West coast beer is superior to both NE and your upper midwest stuff, and while I don't like all aspects of living out here, the beer and food is the best in the country, no fucking question about it.

You know, that's a good meme. I appreciate you explaining it to a retard like me.

Two Hearted is probably the best IPA that you can get in any grocery store

The northwest wins in what percentage of their beer is good, but the midwest wins when it comes to the most and best top tier stuff

I'd say Toppling Goliath is the best brewery anywhere for that matter

>widely regarded as one of the best beers ever

>the best IPA that you can get in any grocery store

Why is it that people who make blanket statements like this are the one's who have never actually left their little villages and tried anything different or new?

you realize most of those western states that its unavailable have like 0 residents? Thats a massive chunk of the country when you think of how the population is distributed

Is there any better, more widely distributed IPA than Two Hearted?

Sierra Nevada.

>pedantry
you know what they both meant. You're nitpicking to try and be a shit.

Sierra Nevada is some good shit for sure. Dunno if I'd consider it better than Two Hearted but it's definitely more widely distributed.

I've never tried any Yenda beer products, I haven't heard a good word about them.

Yenda is actually made and owned by Coca-Cola. True story.

Sierra Nevada makes like 50 beers, I think Torpedo is their only full release IPA though and while pretty good I would not put it on the same tier as Two Hearted

Unless you were thinking of a different Sierra Nevada IPA, kind of a vague statement on your part

nah it's not up to par with two heated.

Sierra Nevada celebration ale is top notch though, it's a shame they keep it as a seasonal

Racer 5 > Two Hearted

meh

CCA in partnership with Casella of Yellowtail infamy.

Pale ales are the worst beer trend to ever happen. A sincere fuck you to any Veeky Forums posters that unironically have more than 10% of their beer purchases be IPAs

Well that explains it.
Back to Coopers, why fuck with what you know and love.

Why does anyone dare to drink shitty nu-male drinks when these beauties are so easy to buy?

malt > hop

All beer has a balance of both, dum dum, even IPA's...

>Educate yourself before you post again.
>The predictable "If you don't like X you're not educated!" post

Yay IPA's! And look, the daily hop delivery has arrived!

That's only enough for 1 slab of hipster fag beer, we need more trains

Some IPAs are good.
Most are not.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is fantastic.
Not too bitter.

The problem is that these dumbfuck upper-middle class hipsters with trust funds used them to start microbreweries and churn out nasty overhopped bullshit that tastes like burned rubber and jock strap.

Then they take little sips from it and grimace as they contemplate how grown up and cool they are for liking something that has an offensive flavor.

Fuck this dumb assholes, and fuck how "popular" IPA has become. Someone make a fucking saison or a bock.

>live in Michigan
>everyone creams their panties over Two Hearted Ale
>finally try it
>its disgusting
Their Winter White Ale, Oberon, and Kalamazoo Stout are top notch beers though

you gotta like that hoppy flavor to enjoy an ipa. and if you really enjoy hoppiness then check out boulevard double wide

If you don't like hops you don't like beer. Stick to wine coolers.

I like beer, I also like wine coolers and actual wine as well.
why does everyone always talk about wine coolers in a derogatory way?

Oberon is pretty alright. I like Two Hearted more, but who really gives a shit?

autism