I fucking hate Subway but it's the only restaurant near my college campus that isn't cafeteria shit

I fucking hate Subway but it's the only restaurant near my college campus that isn't cafeteria shit.

I much prefer Quizno's.

Anything I can get from Subway that is Quizno's-esque? Or is there anything there that somebody who normally doesn't like Subway would like?

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/karstenstrauss/2015/06/17/is-quiznos-toast/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You need to be more specific user. Which sandwiches in particular do you like?

Toasted, and with a lot of meat, any meat, and just lettuce and maybe some onion when it comes to vegetables.
I usually gravitate toward spicy sauces or BBQ sauce.

Subway sucks because their bread sucks. It's why they push toasting so much now, to cover up their crappy bread. Not much you can do other than to ask for it to be toasted.

>Steak and Cheese on cheese bread thing they got now
>Double cheese and steak
>Ask for double toasted
>add bbq sauce, oil, black pepper. onion, lettuce

WA LA

This. Anyone can make a moderately delicious with supermarket tier ingredients as long as the bread isn't a disaster. But at Subway the bread is a disaster, so it's hopeless.

Their steak is literally the worst meat there. It's abhorrent.

this

Try this:
-Italian herbs and cheese
-buffalo chicken
-provolone
-ranch
-spinach

>buffalo chicken
In a sandwich? This has got to stop. That goes double for pizza.

>any bread you want with a little mayo
>oven roasted chicken breast
>white American cheese
>bell peppers
>ranch

That's it and that shit is delicious

Fuck off. Both of those are great.

>Quizno's

One of the worst franchises: forbes.com/sites/karstenstrauss/2015/06/17/is-quiznos-toast/

>calling Subway a restaurant

idk, man. The absolute worst thing I've eaten in recent memory was the buffalo chicken sandwich from Arby's. Horrible. Way too much vinegar to go well with bread.

What would you call it?

It's an establishment that sells food which you can eat on the premises. What else would it be?

I sign up for their text promos then buy $6 pastarami footlongs

A financial insult

>6 inches of airy, shit bread
>4 slices of 1mm thick processed """meats"""
>1 slice of 2mm thick processed """cheese"" cut into two pieces
>unripe tomatoes, old lettuce
>river of low-quality sauces
>"Yea muhfukka that finna be like fukkin $6.75"

>Go to subway
>saw pic related before hand
>juicy/10
>dont want anything but that sweet sweet juicy steak on my sandwich
>order the sandwich with just meat
>guy gives me sandwich
>kinda light
>think eh maybe its just lighter
>go home
>open sandwich
>6 pieces of dry steak randomly thrown on the sandwich
>chewy bread
>chewy steak
>throw it away, havent eaten subway since

I dont eat fast food, but i shouldve known all that free steak protein was too good to be true.

Something between a hole in the wall and a restaurant.
Bare minimum for a restaurant would be table service.
I've never even seen chairs in a subway.
Fast food places aren't a restaurant.

I mean the place is a rip off anyway but if you aren't getting salad and shit in it you're really setting yourself up for a jewing

There was all kinds of shit on campus or right near by when i was still in college, even random ass food trucks parked all over the place.

Sucks2bu

That's really a matter of culture. Some places like Italy restaurant means upscale establishment where the level of service and the decor are pretty formal. More casual places are trattorias and osterias. In America we don't really have that kind of terminology unless you want to sound like a hick and say "sit down restaurant". By American standards McDonald's is still a restaurant.

Hey op I was in a very similar situation to yours in college, subway and papa johns were my only two choices. I'll warn you now, subway subs DO NOT AGE WELL. AT ALL.
Eat it within 4 hours of buying it, fridge or no fridge the subs start to deteriorate immediately after you buy them, so either buy it and eat it quick or absolute worst case buy it in the evening and wrap it for the morning, it's going to be fucking disgusting no matter what you put on it

>restaurant
Are there any other words that lost their meaning because of amerilard consumerism?

>it's the only restaurant near my college campus that isn't cafeteria shit.
I don't believe you.
Post the address of your college. I'll find you some takeout nearby that is AWESOME but maybe you didn't think about it?

all subway meat is the worst

Certainly. I'm a britbong and as much as 'our food is bad is a meme' nobody would refer to somewhere like subway as a restaurant. It's a sandwich shop.

As you mentioned, somewhere you are led to a table and handed a menu is a restaurant. I think that applies for all/most of Europe.