1 million dollars isn't enough to retire on

>1 million dollars isn't enough to retire on.

>everyone lives in burgerland

Absolutely not… Even if you are 40… And plan to live to 80… 1 million would mean that you have to live on $25,000 a year. That doesn’t even account for inflation.

what is interest

>what is inflation

Literally couldn't even buy a house where I live.

I could retire on 300k and live comfortably, though without luxuries.

There are places in the world you could easily live on 25,000 USD and live well, even in the US you could live fairly comfortably with that amount

If you had 1 million invested you could easily get 8%-10% on something low risk. Unless you want to retire in NYC or San Francisco, or have tons of debt already there's no reason you couldn't retire from 1 million dollars.

that's why you invest the money and live off of the gains/dividends you fucking goober

You simply cannot be this stupid, can you?
1m is an easy 100kpa in any of the 10% dividend etfs

There is a difference between being able to survive and not starve then being able to enjoy a lifestyle that allows you to pursue your interests. A million only enables the former.

>be me
>be 38
>Networth 1.3m no debt, in real estate
>~€34000 pa after tax income
>Comfortably retired

Anyone given the choice between living a modest life of freedom & wage cucking in return for moments of luxury is crazy. if they wouldn't make all necessary sacrifices in return for not having to work , they deserve to be a wage cuck

Holy fucking shit you brainlet
That million in literally any big mutual fund will get you AT least 50k a year in interest

80k-100k per year is more than enough to pursue hobbies, sure you won't be able to buy 60k cars every year, or live in a huge mansion, but freedom and time is 10x better than any material item/expensive vacation. Do all of you guys have crazy nigger rich spending habits?

kek

learn something from this you fag

>you could easily get 8%-10% on something low risk

4% is more realistic dude

Stocks have had an average of 7%-8% forever. And in any good mutual fund you would get about the same.

Please tell me you're really not someone as retarded as to think that when you retire, it just means that you let your money sit in the bank as you just slowly drain it, do you?

Why the fuck would you stop investing after you can afford to no longer work anymore?

Fucking take 500k and continue investing, and live off the other 500k. If you're not a complete idiot, you'll be making a shit ton more money faster than you can possibly use the other 500k.

Or even do what some other anons are saying about letting that mil sit in a 10% dividend stock.

If you can't figure out how to never work again and live comfortably even when you have over a million dollars, there's literally no way to help you, and it's a wonder that you even got to that million in the first place.

I have about 200k in crypto right now, going to stay in until 10m, maybe more depending on how long it takes me to reach 10m.

it's not you fucking brainlet

>you can get 10% risk free
b r a i n l e t s

>you could easily get 8%-10% on something low risk
>1m is an easy 100kpa in any of the 10% dividend etfs
>AT least 50k a year in interest
>letting that mil sit in a 10% dividend stock.

Wha the fuck are u idiots doing on a business and finance board. There are no "safe" 10% dividends p.a., past stock returns dont equal future stock returns. Even if you earn 8% p.a. you cant live on the whole amount. 3-4% maybe... So 25k is correct after tax on 1 MM

It is, but you need like $3 million minimum to retire comfy. With $1m you'll only be able to live a frugal lifestyle if you want to make it last.

this

>index funds did 8% the last few years so they will do that the next 70 years too ;^)

>B-b-b-but i'll just invest part into things which are volatile
literally the opposite of what you do with a retirement fund

absolute retards. 1M is not safe. 2M is safe. retirement must be _absolutely_ safe

>here comes user to a bitcoin board
>he thinks 10% returns aren't safe.
>and tells the world
peak rube