Poverty food

yo Veeky Forums please serve me up some of your best poverty recipes.

pic related, is ice soup.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CVBjnV1q-z0
webstaurantstore.com/natural-strength-lemon-juice-32-oz-bottle/999JUCLEMN32.html?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping&gclid=Cj0KEQjwx96-BRDyzY3GqcqZgcgBEiQANHd-ntgNzATRfMche2HW88DpMO8oeMnjRGWt3P-svWONmw0aAr0K8P8HAQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Open a can of red beans. Take fork, put in can, get some beans on fork. Put fork in mouth. Chew. Sink. Repeat.

kidney beans are good with rice, hotsauce, and some various spices (onion powder, garlic powder, etc)

cheap, very filling, and overall pretty decent poverty meal... definitely better than ice soup and ketchup sandwiches.

Beans on toast.

Make toast. Heat up half a can of baked beans, pour over toast. Eat.
If you're feeling flush, add a fried egg or some sauce you stole from a fast food joint you couldn't afford to actually eat at.

I had beans so often as a kid that I rarely eat them now, as I'm pretty burnt out on them. though when I make or order beans these days it's not so bad because they're made by someone who does more than just dry beans, water, and boil to hell and back which is what I had as a kid

youtube.com/watch?v=CVBjnV1q-z0

sardines with hot sauce

Beans. Eggs. Eggs on toast.

>ice soup

do americans really eat this?

with some lemon juice and sugar that could have been lemonade.

are anons really this fucking retarded?

My mom used to make meat balls with rice in them. Very cheap meal with some mashed potatoes. Also very good.

sugar and lemons are too expensive.

did you ever give her your meat balls ;^)

You can get a can of pea soup for 65 cents over here. I usually add it to some cooked rice and vegetables I have around. It is enough for two or three filling meals.
How is the situation in your countries?

lemon juice concentrate. not expensive.

webstaurantstore.com/natural-strength-lemon-juice-32-oz-bottle/999JUCLEMN32.html?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping&gclid=Cj0KEQjwx96-BRDyzY3GqcqZgcgBEiQANHd-ntgNzATRfMche2HW88DpMO8oeMnjRGWt3P-svWONmw0aAr0K8P8HAQ

It'll keep your teeth from falling out from scurvy

ofc it's easy to make and is literally edible water
it fills you up and is cheaper than free
it's not just American

>concentrate
>natural strength

pick one.

To be honest, I don't know of a cheaper food.
As far as cooked food, I would have to say mudpies, or dandelion soup.

Pic related is an actual American cookbook

yes, why? sure, it is flavorless but it fills you up on a nice warm summer morning.

Try frozen chicken thighs baked with BBQ sauce with frozen vegetables and rice

You're retarded

You're just really really stupid

American the way Aunt Jemima is American.

If its water and icecubes in a bowl, its soup.
If its in a glass, its a cold drink.

Yes, it's negative calories, great for cutting

>ice water
>a meal

Riiiight..

Beans and rice. They're cheap as fuck and filling because they're carbs. If you're not destitute you might spice them a bit too.

My mom made them and called them porcupine balls. They were made with ground beef, and some sort of gravy, not sure what she uses for it.

Anything made principally from potatoes

Sandwiches you can actually make some delicious sandwiches for cheap if you are willing to work for it
If you get into baking you can make a lot of different things with just a couple cheap ingredients you can buy in bulkcheap curry can make chicken breasts and onions taste great, hell learn to properly season and you will never want to eat outside again

Throwing a potato in the microwave and putting butter on it is probably the lowest I've gone. That and elbow macaroni and stewed tomatoes.

You could have boiled, what's the cost of tap water and a match?

Too much effort, didn't you know being poor and being lazy go hand in hand?

microwave is faster, too.

I love me some dirt cookies.

Putting a potato in a pot with water and a lid and coming back after 20 minutes takes effort?

>The Dilbert cartoon made fun of poor people in a shithole country eating mud to survive
>It was like 12 years ago

Porcupine cum.

Came free with the balls.

Chicken and egg soba noodles
100g chicken ($10 a kilo where I live so $1 worth of chicken)
2 pre-boiled eggs ($8.50 for 30 where I live, I boil em in large amounts to preserve em a bit longer in the fridge)
Like 2 cups ish Chicken stock
Some light soy sauce
Bit of oil
Soba noodles (usually p cheap at asian places)
Garlic
Ginger
Sprouts/carrot (optional)

Chuck ya oil in a pan and fry off some garlic, add stock, ginger and soy sauce.

While that's boiling away on a low ish heat fry your chicken in a pan.

Once thats done just close the lid on the pab if it has one, take it off heat and just keep it warm ish

Boil some water, chuck the soba noodles in

While they're cooking slice your eggs/chicken up

Combine it all
That's it. Not saying its comparable to like cuisine or anything but theres honestly like $4 in ingredients there, that you can use to make it multiple times.

I ate this for 3 months to save up for that FAL.

Ugh okay mommm more dishes for you I guess

Ross Scott?

Cool maybe you should eat a bullet next

Where the fuck do you live that eggs and chicken are so expensive?

wtf is this retardation

Straya mate.

Also additions to this1. Pre portion your meat before freezing it so it lasts way longer
2.pick a vege you're going to cook with for the week and roll with it
3.buy ingredients that apply to loads of different things so you can mix it up

Should be eating at sub $5 a decent meal in no time. Even less if chicken/eggs etc are so much cheaper in 'murrica

Nigga that's just a glass of water

Instant noodles
Boiled eggs
Soy sauce
Broccoli

;)

Yes, it goes especially well with ice sandwich.

Is that a fucking avenged sevenfold tshirt

Whoa, look at Bill Gates over here, Mr Millionaire can afford 3 slices of bread per meal!

Two slices of bread with tomato ketchup spread thinly between is all you need, champai

If you live in Nova Scotia then you might be someone I knew way back. He hated beans for the fact they were cheap to get so had them often as a kid.

Aren't uncooked kidney beans poisonous?
Or are the ones in those cans precooked/detoxified?

Yes. Funnily enough, because so much clothes get donated every year, third world countries actually get overloaded with them, and actually disposing of them has become an issue.
Pretty sure most of them just get burnt for warmth at this point.

drippings on toast

>Dilbert making fun of famine
So edgy he could start exporting himself as cheap razor blades.

>cheaper than free
I should have ice soup daily from now on to get rich.

Canned beans are pre cooked, as a rule. Something with that pesky botulinum toxin.

Rice, beans, buckwheat.

>and a match
How about the gas you burn?

Reminder that the guy behind Dilbert wanted to sell Dilberritos, health conscious burritos with Dilbert on them.

And he was completely serious and got mad when people thought it was a joke.

Is Dilbert dead yet?

Why isn't it dead yet?

Why would you blow $8.50 on preboiled eggs when you could get the same number of eggs raw for $5 or $6 and then have a choice for how they're cooked? Poor people are stupid.

HE preboiled them, you illiterate retard.

Literally RIGHT after that
> I boil em in large amounts to preserve em a bit longer in the fridge

> I boil em in large amounts to preserve em a bit longer in the fridge
eggs last months in the fridge uncooked...

Here in Maine, when we have to tighten the old purse strings, we eat lobster. It's absolutely dreadful.

>$5
kek you can eat premade meals for that price here in sweden that are well cooked and healthy, pretty much home-cooked quality, from a lunch food place

sub $2 easy if you're not retarded

no one cares about your sodexo ass food

>poverty food thread
>posts cheap meals
>HURR NOBODY CARES
why are you in this thread?

desu the black pudding triggered me

My mom makes those too, since thats how my grandma makes albondigas

bad childhood memories? i kinda like it with lingonberries and it's very healthy.

My kind of eating right there.

>16 oz. mixed vegetables, $0.98
>12 oz. bologna, $0.98
>8 lb. potatoes, $3.98

$5.94

You can usually get 10 lb. potatoes for $2.99 or less during the winter. That'd bring it down to $4.95. 4 oz. vegetables and 3 oz. bologna per serving. You'd get four servings with plenty of potatoes leftover.

fuck, i wanted to post the same...
it's called siberian sandwich

goulash (though not exactly poor food, it was served in homes with big families when I was growing up, including families whose Dad's were doctors, lawyers, etc.)

use a pound of elbows
shit ton of deliciousness

>I boil em in large amounts to preserve em a bit longer in the fridge
I assume you keep them in the shell. Does this really work? Whole raw egg lasts about a month.

>a month
you mean half year?

this. eggs last SEVERAL months uncooked in the fridge.
boiling them to preserve them is stupid cus you cant do anything else with them once you boiled them.

this is nice. when im feeling lazy i buy a jar of premade bolognese and just put on some pasta. $1.5 for 500g sauce is pretty cheap and is enough for two people

when im not lazy i make pic related with crushed tomatoes, chili, garlic, mixed bell peppers and minced beef. it's also a good base for chili and you can easily add beans to any leftovers.

unless they are american eggs where they wash off the protective layer of the shells

fucking americans

a pack of quick noodles, 3-4 min boil time, but no need to boil cos we don't want to pay for electicity, put in water for 10-20 min = done, cost 0,35 $, if you want some protein then add a pack of 250g beans of some sort costs about 0,5 $ enjoy that sweet meal for < 1

This guy's opinion pic related.

The FAL was a great choice.

>cold noodles and beans with no condiments
i think you're competing for the win of this thread

i think i might do me some of them soon, getting quite hungry

Some staples in my kitchen when I was poor and alone:
- Onions
- Carrots
- Potatoes
- Parboil Rice
- Chicken legs (Here you can buy only the legs, and is cheaper than breast).
- Eggs
- Oats

I only drink bottled water, because here tap water sucks. Way too much bleach flavor.
I alos used the chicken bones, carrots and onions trimmings to make broth.

what other kind of ketchup is there that is commonly used?

Oh and cheap tomato sauce

>bleach
i think you mean flouride.

also regular rice > parboiled, lentils and beans is also cheap and healthy

chili ketchup, bbq ketchup, original fishy ketchup

Why not just kill and eat squirrels and pigeons?

Hunger is the best spice

I mean a taste like sodium hypochlorite, may be fluoride but I don't really know.

Parboiled was easier to cook and I've read that it has more nutrients than regular rice. But this could be a meme.

I agree with dry lentils and beans, although I grew tired of them really quickly.

>I've read that it has more nutrients than regular rice. But this could be a meme.
i heard that too and it turned out to be meme

And you buy it with that shitty paint job. Fucking kill yourself

I went hunting with my dad once as a kid, the idea was to kill a rabbit and cook it for dinner.

we opened up the rabbit, and it was full of parasites. something else had already been eating it long before we got to it.

that experience has made me lose my appetite of eating any kind of wild meat.

common in rabbits, really all rodents.

Pretty gross though right? I moved on.

that's authentic rhodesian camo you tard

Explains alot. It really does

damn, still looks like garbage