Will I go to Hell if I kill myself?

Will I go to Hell if I kill myself?

Other urls found in this thread:

vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s2c2a5.htm#2280
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes indeed

The obvious answer is, "If you're concerned, unless you want to be in hell, don't do it".

Is Hell bad? Serious question, a realm of eternal torment doesn't make much sense, the has to be a catch

tl;dr: yes

Jesus said that sins against Holy Spirit are unforgivable - how you understand that.

Well Jesus said that Holy Spirit is the giver of life - also in Genesis the Holy Spirit was floating above the waters - He was present and part of creation.

If you reject life - which is the only thing God can give you - then God cannot give you anything else... that's why this sin is unforgivable - hence eternal damnation is the result.

What's fucked up about it, the religious sects that contend "hell" is that "place you describe" evolved from ideology of sheol, which is not eternal torment. Eternal torment came from conflation of "all sheol" and "all gehenna" as "all hell", e.g. KJV. So I'm saying, what you're depicting didn't "exist" until the english transliterations, that language being thousands of years "younger" than the original premise.

why does God have restrictions? is he omnipotent or not?

hell was never created, it's just the outside darkness - outside of Creation.

It's nothingness populated by beings that cannot be destroyed since they were created to be eternal - it's described as eternal darkness and misery an everlasting regress of your being without ever being destroyed.

>if god cannot give u anything anymore, be unforgivable, he get mad and hulk smash u to the underworld for eternity ever after

You are misquoting the bible. The "unforgiveable sin" is attributing God's power and grace to that which is not God, but even that is arguable to imply "in the presence of Jesus", the manner in which the words were spoken.

Obviously. Lube up for Satan.

creationists throw around the words omnipotence and omniscience without a second to think about what they would imply.

Safest bet is that your brain will just turn off and your consciousness will disappear forever.

God has no restrictions, He is omnipotent.
If you reject life you won't have it - it will not be forced upon you - this is His plan.

It seems pretty mean to "punish" someone that already hates existence with further shitty existence

This is kinda how I see things, although modern evangelicals stress you must consciously choose Jesus because of 2 lines in the whole book, regardless of what anything else says.

The best thing about the bible is you can believe anything you want, because the same text is interpreted uniquely by every outspoken asshat who takes it upon themselves to spread the "truth" they have convinced themselves of.

Doesn't help suicidal OP's dilemma, but it's amusing and might help cheer the sap up.

It seems pretty mean to punish people with something they don't "want" whether you construe it as "good" or otherwise.

"You don't want heaven? Well, f-u, you're going there anyway! MUwhaahaha!"

Is there really such a thing as an unforgivable sin? If you come to Christ in earnest will he really reject you if you've committed a specific offense?

A human have no power to enter heaven because - Heaven is a superior state of being, of refined soul.

If you reject life while in body - your soul slowly vanishes and becomes powerless over your body - you eventually die and your powerless soul is pulled by the nothingness and demons in it - which you gave all the power.

If you as flesh could not enter heaven trough will or any faculty of your being - what makes you think that half of you - only soul - which you already ignored whole biological life would have power to find or enter heaven.

God came to open our eyes, to make us become dependent on Him - hang on his energies and live.
We don't have the power but He can restore us and give make us live in eternity.

The same words which created the universe "let the be..."
said "Keep your mind in hell and despair not." - the same energies that created something out of nothing are going to rise you up to a godlike being.

God giving us the laws is not a damnation, it is a bait - open our being eyes towards the heaven and spiritual plane - restore our being with his energies. God knows we're humans, sinners and incapable of doing what He asks but since he confessed to us - He now waits for us to ask for home, to ask for the Divine call - for His words, come by Children be blessed - for His words energies to restore us.

God became man, smallest, humblest man so that man could become God.

Too many people today believe in Jesus for the purpose of their heavenly reward, or pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, anyway. Seems like they're picking the side from which they gain the most benefit, for themselves, instead of living within the faith God puts in them because it's the right thing to do, whether you get anything from it or not.

>The best thing about the bible is you can believe anything you want

No, maybe in an heretic, cultist spirit - but inside Church no - we kept the Spirit of God for 2000 years.

And we read it and speak about it trough it.

If the bible would disappear tomorrow Church tradition will be able to write it and give the same meaning - maybe and most obviously with different words, different structures and orders - but the same Holy Spirit that inspired the texts is in the middle of Church today.

No, nothing we do in our body really matters for God - He sees in us His Glory that He planted into Adam when He created him - His image, His glory is inside the human.

When the prostitute came to him crying and her tears dropped down to his feet then used her hair clean her feet - He did not see a prostitute, He was God sure He knew all her life, all her life - she knew first as God, as a prophet then as a man obviously that she was a prostitute - but also as a God He saw in Her the image He place in man - the humility is a trait of God... God is humble.

In our Church tradition it is said that the repentance inside the prostitute soul was so strong that if Jesus retreated his feet only by 2 centimeters as a sign of disgust when she knelled down to his feet - she would've died there.
^ And that is the material God can work with, and that's the state of being in which God can see the solution of turning that man into a god himself.

Because a man that rejects life, dwells in sin and stays ignorant over others and most importantly God clearly has no image of God into him.

All sins start from pride.

And godhood starts from humbleness.

Well, like I was referring, Mark 3:28-29 talks about calling the power of the Spirit (God) as the power of another entity (as devils) as an unpardonable sin, but again, in theology it's argued that may specifically be only in the context of the physical presence of incarnate Jesus. Alot of things in the bible are like this, variable interpretations of the very same words, 3 or 4 or more different ways.

Was Jesus telling Nicodemus that "he" must be born again to see the kingdom, or was he saying that to all of us? Is it a literal practice or a spiritual revelation?

This is how we get sects in the first place.

It's called being smart.

reminder the bible is the result of a small group of men deciding which books did and didn't make the cut based on whatever political/social pressures they were dealing with at the time. billions of people fretting over the their lives because of the small decisions of small men

No, it's called being taught to be self-involved, which is specifically counter to everything Jesus taught.

But that's what cults believe - that if you're a nice, good guy at the end of the day when you die God waits and will give you a sweat - eternal sweat.

That's not it... that's not what Jesus came for - at the end of the day the purpose is becoming like God, attaining godhood.

Jesus came to teach us how to depend on God - how to get our power, our life from God. That is the only path toward eternal life.
Not a mere biological life - but a life in power, in glory, in love, in satisfaction, in realism, in stability.

Bible is oral tradition written down - Jesus spoke all about this. He also created a real, functional church - with rituals and teachings that couldn't move.

But out of His providence and trough the Holy Spirit which He left us with - the oral tradition was written down, and also trough the Holy Spirit in the middle of Church - the correct, inspired and useful texts were selected and kept as the body of bible.

Yeh, I wish more people felt that way. Go tell that to some biblebelt grassroots evangelical who is specifically concerned about his salvation, you'll get a different response. Pretty big percentage in the modern US christian community.

instead of straight suicide
do something dangerous youve always wanted to do everyday for now on

youll survive most of it, but if you happen to die, win win

hell isnt real though senpai

being self-involved, truly self involved, leads to God, you can't get there if you don't care about yourself. it's not selfishness, you can't be generous if you don't know who you are and what you want

>hell isnt real
What happened on Mars in 2145?

>make 10,000 threads on sci related to science, no replies, talk about killing myself and Hell, success.

Well, there's something to be said there with which I agree. It's said, even as you do unto the least of these you do unto the Lord, and sometimes in our self-loathing we see "self" as "least". However... there is also the issue with sons/daughters of perdition, pride, narcissism, not properly giving credit to God, so the preferable state is somewhere in the middle.

Keep telling yourself that human history can be trusted over 2000 years to accurately preserve "word of God" even if we assume "word of God" exists.

God wills it.

it's interesting how, following the theory of God, if the tower of babel event did not happen, all humans would speak one language and distortion of the "correct" interpretation of the bible would be significantly more difficult.

No one in their right mind wants to see or hear of someone hurting himself. Life is precious, not cheap. Humanity, and loving the human inside everyone else, regardless of what they do, say, or believe is paramount. Anyone who says otherwise is totally missing the point of being alive, because hey, you can't take any of "this" with you.

Depends how literally you take and interpret that story, too. There are meanings within meanings of that entire situation and the context surrounding it. One thing about "prophecy" is how it can be true the time it's written, true again later, and again later and again later...

Whatever you DO want, Heaven will be that when you go there.

>it took 10,000 threads for me to realize that my audience is shit

heaven will be full of submissive sex slaves?

>2016
>hell

Many people believe angels have no genitals, so if you become one, I'm not sure what you'd do with a sex slave. Sit there and have a Veeky Forums conversation for eternity, maybe.

desu this is a good thread, even if off topic

>if you become one
Dead humans in heaven become angels? I was religious at one point and no one told me that.

This is the real question.

Nope. You'll just miss out on a lifetime's worth of books, shitheads, sex, conversations, jokes, taxes, and general stuff that happens to living folk.

i think it's weird when people talk about other people being in heaven or hell, doesn't the text actually specify no one is in either until Judgement?

eh, yeh, it's a pretty common concept. "Now she's an angel in heaven" about people who die, etc etc

Not necessarily one to which I subscribe, but if it helps someone in their grief, I don't see the harm.

so nothing really

This, again, depends on interpretation. There are a number of varieties of dispensationalism/millenialism (rapture) and yeh, others without that at all (Lutherans and, hmm, dunno what else).

Why is God so sketchy? Why won't he just show up?

In context, if I'm to understand you're asking christians, we would tell you "he did and we have a personal relationship with him", ergo "christian" instead of "jew".

Veeky Forums is the correct board for religion and theology.

oof

this is a good discussion, is God obligated to "show himself' time and time again? One might argue that it's very convenient that "miracles" and "angels" happened all the time time in the ancient world but when we got a little knowledge and recorded history He up and vanished

I'm somewhat religious and it's my idea that God judges based upon individual situations

Well, most christians don't believe God "vanished". He is very real and alive, albeit references to his incarnate "return". I guess plenty of people feel God abandoned them, in stress or grief. People think alot of things in stress or grief and blame everything in every direction they can.

Also, miracles and angels didn't happen all the time. That time period discussed in OT is over a period of a few thousand years, and NT, including Acts and Revelation, is over a period of less than a century, but focused on a few specific events.

you're missing the point. i meant he showed himself and his angels in vulgar forms pretty consistently in the OT but then just up and stopped eventually. 100,000 years of human history and he only messed around in person for a few decades?

but why should He reasonably expect us to believe when all we have is the word of a few humans? Daily life teaches you can't get a straight story on what happened yesterday, much less millenia ago

I dunno.

Ask /x/.

it could be that either those stories were exaggerated, or that he has appeared recently but only to small groups

according to James 1:5 "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him."

I suppose that is a valid statement, the way you put it, sure, because according to contention he elected to live as we do and that is generally a few decades.

You have a choice. I'm not about to mess with your head over it, I think you're keen either way. I thought I was being asked what and why I choose to believe so I answered. Your deal is up to you.

Not if you repent while doing so. Basically, do something like shout "God is greater" while blowing yourself up.

that's cute and all but is it demonstrable?

>Going to my lab is hell.
>Regardless of if I kill myself, I will go to hell.
>If I go to my lab, I might get data.
>It is better not to kill myself; I both get to go to hell, and get data.

who knows, do an experiment

why don't you just go live in the mountains?

I don't know dude, the koine Greek versions are pretty damn clear about eternal suffering in pits of molten sulfur and fire.

If you believe there is a heaven, you shouldn't be able to fast track your way there by killing yourself, that's gay.
If you are looking for eternal nothingness, then it's fine, you shouldn't go to hell either.

Just go devote the rest of your life becoming a field medic against isis or a firefighter or something. You might die anyways, and you will be doing the world a favor

>hi guyz im suicidal and want to end my life
>Just go devote the rest of your life becoming a field medic against isis or a firefighter or something.
and suddenly OP had hope, his whole world turned around as he realized that decades of suffering for the sake of others is just what he needed to feel whole.

Religion goes in Veeky Forumstory & Humanities.

My observation of this thread has made it Veeky Forums related.

Never seen this board discuss religion so... not shitposting like. Truly fascinating.

Yes.

>Never seen this board discuss religion so...

I wonder why. Could it be because religion is not science? Please look up what defines science before never coming bag.

>sage goes in every field. thread hidden.

so heaven will be empty except for a gallows where I can finally kill myself without hurting anyone else?

>2280 Everyone is responsible for his life before God who has given it to him. It is God who remains the sovereign Master of life. We are obliged to accept life gratefully and preserve it for his honor and the salvation of our souls. We are stewards, not owners, of the life God has entrusted to us. It is not ours to dispose of.
>2281 Suicide contradicts the natural inclination of the human being to preserve and perpetuate his life. It is gravely contrary to the just love of self. It likewise offends love of neighbor because it unjustly breaks the ties of solidarity with family, nation, and other human societies to which we continue to have obligations. Suicide is contrary to love for the living God.
>2282 If suicide is committed with the intention of setting an example, especially to the young, it also takes on the gravity of scandal. Voluntary co-operation in suicide is contrary to the moral law.
>Grave psychological disturbances, anguish, or grave fear of hardship, suffering, or torture can diminish the responsibility of the one committing suicide.
>vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s2c2a5.htm#2280

There is no hell too much to live for