I made some no-knead bread

I made some no-knead bread
>300g bread flour, 225ml water, 1/2 tsp salt, pinch of active dry yeast
>just barely mixed together until a wad of dough formed, then left alone for 12 hours
>shaped into ball and rested for an hour
>slashed top and sprinkled with water
>covered with damp stainless steel bowl
>baked 30 min at 450F
>removed bowl and baked 15 min more
>rested 5-10 min
>wa la

crumb shot

>15 hours of work for a bun

Wow!

I live by myself and don't eat too much bread per sitting. This loaf will last me through the week. Also it's not 15 hours of work, I was out of the house for most of it and only put in maybe 30 minutes of actual work into it.

being a cunt

nice man, thats like no work, didnt think no knead would turn out that nice. The crust looks tasty as fuck, like its been fried

Looks neat op, I'd eat it.

Thanks! Kind of paradoxical, but in my experience no knead bread turns out way more impressive than most of the more labor intensive recipes I've tried. It's a great method even without considering the benefits of the low effort required.

How hard and chewy is that crust?

Looks great, gonna try this for sure.

yep, that's how it works, GJ you!

I do a low-knead quick-knead when I don't have space, or a traditional room temp overnight soak and bake the next day but it's pretty bomb proof.

convinced that modern(past 120 yrs) home bread recipes are all basically bullshit adapted from commercial mechanized bakeries at this point

It was able to bend slightly right out the oven, but was crunchy when I bit into it. It's been about a day since then and it's chewier now, but not overly so.

Ah, it just looks really tough and shiny like most of the bread I try make.

I get really tough crust when I have a long baking time. What temp do you usually bake at?

what do you mean by damp stainless steel bowl?

good shit OP! I stopped buying bread almost a year ago.
Here's my monstrosity. 50% bread flour and plenty of folding=decent crumb
My only issue is that my loaves uniformly look like shit (squat, short rectangles) and they're usually too wet/spready for a boule. should I just make them taller, or try for more folds to solidify it enough for a boule? I'm already folding for like 20-25 minutes total.

I guess that's what you use if you don't have a Dutch oven.

I mean a stainless steel bowl with a small amount of water on it

What % hydration are you using?

recipe on that?

>tfw crave bread
>tfw no good bakeries in korea
>tfw no oven

kill me

elaborate

is there somehow a way to do this on a stove? id figure not

i am incase it wasnt obv

Try a dutch oven bread recipe.

and where the fuck should I do it in? a pan does not allow heat from above which results in a shitty crust :/

make flatbread. like a bread pancake.

About 65%, but not exactly since I'm waiting on my kitchen scale to arrive.

Look "Durtch Oven" in Google. It allows you to put heat from above, but you need to use coals.

Or usea thick bottom aluminium pan with a cover.

I eat flatbread like thrice a week. Its just not the same.. :/

there aint no dutch ovens here

>Or usea thick bottom aluminium pan with a cover.

ill look into that, tx my man

Do not use aluminum if you are putting coals on it coal tends to react with it more and produce aluminumoxide which will ruin your snacky snack

That doesn't sound very high, strange that they'd do that. If the dough is super wet sometimes you just need something like a dutch oven if you want it to not come out flat

Do you have a charcoal grill? Have Koreans lost the technology of putting hot things in an enclosure with food?

go get a 30l oven from a hypermarket, they're like 60 to 90k won and last a good while, fit nicely in studio apartments. that's how I do my work in Taiwan

dang man that looks fantastic.

the very first time i baked bread(knead) it came out as this glorious little miniature of yours but every time after that my bread has been flat as an old hookers tits.

Leaving something to rest for a day is not work, retard

Maybe stick to lurking

yeah that was my conundrum as well. In any event a dutch oven from my auntie's and a kitchen scale are on their way, so I figure it won't be a problem for much longer

Bannock