FUTURE TECH

What are some cool scientific or technology innovations you think will be made in the next 200 - 300 years?

I think GPS-driven automation will be mandatory by the year 2075.

It will be illegal to drive on the streets on something other than a smartcar past in big cities past a certain point. New York City will probably be first to integrate it.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AEBN#Other_ventures
google.com/search?q=relativity of simultaneity
twitter.com/AnonBabble

For that time period? 3D printers might actually reach a milestone.
And the thing it brings to the table isn't just cheap, its insane.
Image: Metal with a internal structure to make it even stronger.
3D printed bike/car/house frames

Currently its a expensive plastic novelty.

Shapeshifting clothing

Shapeshifting/folding geometry in general, clothing is just one aspect.

Psycho-Pass did this pretty well, everyone just wore generic jumpsuits with hologram projections of different clothes.

We will travel in space with the same easiness as we travel with plane today

you could literally download a car

>ctrl + f teledildonics
>no teledildonics
Teledildonics

literally released in november 2009:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AEBN#Other_ventures

Portal transportation network set up around the globe to revolutionize travel forever by making it truely instant.

If you want to go to London well just go the Portal port in NY and walk through i and now you are in the London Portal port just like that.. The Portal gates can be set up on planets or areas in the solar system to make casual interplanetary travel, heck if we can manage we could put some gates on extrasolar planets or possibly even in other galaxies.

ok ok the tech singularity post has come
NOW is the appropraite time for
whew, saved

Will never happen and let me explain why.

You're describing the most elementary form of time-travel. An object cannot traverse space except through space in between or it's moving through time.

If you could get from NY to London, you would never be able to come back to where you came from and you would exist in a world with two of you.

Quantum entanglement says otherwise.

global warming causes brazilian women to move to the US instead of mexicans and we get hoes with fatter asses.

Sexbot... nothing else matters

Beam information into your long term memory which would make school obsolete.

Device that makes the electromagnetic field of all surrounding matter dissipate causing the matter to disentegrate without producing heat.

Weapons that produce invisible explosions that are invisible due to the matter that makes them not reflecting visible light.

Scanning device that can use quantum interactions as a way to create visual information.

but user..surely you wouldn't do that

Look into 3D composite printing, there's a couple of companies prodiucing kevlar/glass/carbon fibre-nylon composite printers. I have some kevlar-nylon composite test prints and it's truly impressive.

A few key patents expire between now and 2020 so expect printer costs to drop significantly.

Not for very long anyway.

Before Honda, Mitsubish, Toshiba and co. ban you from the cybernet,

I was going to point out that the studios have failed to control online content distribution but Honda has a value 100x that of Disney.

google.com/search?q=relativity of simultaneity

>Quantum entanglement says otherwise.
Quantum entanglement doesn't say anything just yet.
It's the biggest current frontier of science in the sense that we don't quite understand what's going on with this phenomenon.
Personally, I like the "local hidden variables" view, even though it doesn't lead to any neat-o sci-fi applications.