Eggs are bad for you

>Eggs are bad for you.
>You'll get sick if you handle eggs and don't scrub yourself down with alcohol.
>If you eat more than one egg a year you'll DIE from CHOLESTEROL

What are the anti-egg lobby aiming to achieve, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/eggs/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

control supply and demand

it's probably the sugar industry at it again

There fucking crazy i eat 9 eggs a day my HDL and my LDL is so low that it does not show in blood tests

that makes no sense.

I'm pretty sure they're controlled by the Jews

Then why my heart fucked up after I started eating 4 to 6 eggs per day?

I literally just changed standard meat for organic eggs and maintained my diet, which is full of fruits, vegetables and home cooked food.

Because you are iron deficient

eggs are a very nutritious food, but rich food is not needed anymore. We all have plenty to eat. There are healthier alternatives to eggs.

this is true
sugar fucks up your cholesterol

This might be a stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyway.
What's inside an egg is usually used to feed an embryo.
Now humans and chickens are without a doubt very different, but are we really that different that cholesterol is healthy for a young chicken? I mean there has to be a evolutionary gain from cholesterol in eggs, to make it worth for chickens to put it in there.
Same goes for milk as well, which is supposed to be the devils drink all the time, while it's used to nurture calfs. Humans and cows aren't even that different (evolutionary speaking), so why would they feed their calfs bullshit that harms them, even if it's on the long run?
Granted that we breeded them for a long time now and changed a lot of traits that aren't evolutionary results anymore. But why would they develop such a trait?
It just seems like so much bullshit to me.

>t. Soylent shill

>iron deficient

Hardly. My meals had other stuff with iron. Meat is not the only provider of it.

Nutritional science in general is a crock of shit. There's too much money involved in the process to trust the results, and media outlets absolutely love to simplify the results of studies down to the point of stupidity. It's far too complex of a science to say that milk is bad for everyone, or that dietary cholesterol is bad for everyone, or whatever.

Eggs are for baby chickens. You're not a baby chicken, are you?

They are not FOR baby chickens...

>What are the anti-egg lobby aiming to achieve, Veeky Forums?

If anything it's probably those PETA idiots trying to convince people to stop eating eggs to reduce battery farming. Just a guess though.

>to reduce battery farming.
to be fair, you really should buy cage-free eggs.
I mean sure, animals aren't humans. But that shit's fucked man.

I am currently raising my own chickens. I much prefer the eggs I get from them over store bought eggs. The yolks are richer, more difficult to break, and the whiles are much softer and have a better texture. I eat 3 eggs for breakfast about 5 times a week.

Subscribed.

Agreed, but it's no different than people saying "stop eating meat" as opposed to "stop eating factory-farmed meat".

I'd be willing to be that a lot of it is from companies who produce competing products, like egg substitutes. Same way the soy milk industry lobbies against cow's milk.

There is no way that "egg substitute" is a big enough market that there is some sort of cabal of manufacturers spreading misinformation about eggs.

Nice quads.

An egg substitute doesn't have to mean that literally. It could be any number of other foods that people might eat instead of an egg.

He said he is subscribed, you better make a youtube channel

i can't eat eggs :(

Here's the girls going crazy over some feed.

sucks for you

I actually really love eggs but it affected my cholesterol so I had to stop.

>Eggs still don't know how to move around during Curse of the Lost

>eggs...affected my cholesterol

I see they've got to you, user.

I love chickens! Post rooster pls

do you raise them for meat as well? Do you have a rooster? If so how do you tell fertilized from unfertilized eggs?

People complaining about salmonella don't realize it has nothing to do with the inside of the egg. It's literally being shat out so the outside of the egg is what you need to be careful of.

>rich food is not needed anymore
Rich food is inherently better, if you are sedentary/lazy you simply eat less.

>See thread
>no surly egg fort man
Fuck you guys.

Google "candling"

hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/eggs/

Yes, I'm one of the "lucky" few where it has an effect. Kinda like people with cilantro.

fuck i know

my last egg meal mas a duck egg carbonara that made me puke and shit for 5 hours but i don't regret it one bit

>duck egg carbonara

Fuck, that sounds good.

>He fell for the eggs in carbonara meme

>What are the anti-egg lobby aiming to achieve, Veeky Forums?
Soy supremacy

We're living dark times, user.

I eat 3 eggs a day and I feel

Horrible someone kill me

Because these things were specifically designed to nurture a specific animal? A fetus/baby at that, which has very specific requirements. Milk for mammals is an easy way to raise offspring as long as the mother is eating enough. When chicks are born they no longer need what they have in the egg. Placental mammals are attached via an umbilical cord to their mothers, which feeds the fetus the nutrients it needs. Egg baring animals don't have placentas, so the egg replaces the need for an umbilical cord. Eggs also predate mammals, so eggs obviously did something right with this.

Evolutionary wise we are VERY different. We are not cows, cows are not humans, chickens aren't humans, cows aren't chickens, etc. I don't understand why this confuses you. It's like being confused why you can't live off grass like bovines can.

>these things were specifically designed
>specifically designed
>designed

I imagine that since the egg came out of a chickens orifice, it wouldn't be safe to go touching one and putting your hands on your face. I assume when they're processed the eggs shells are sterilized to an extent. I still wash my hands anyways.

Cholesterol is a thing people should be watching out for but the exaggeration of "EAT MORE THAN ONE AND YOU'LL DIE" sounds like OP is projecting.

>t cholesterol is healthy for a young chicken

The whole concept of "eating cholesterol is bad" is based on a misunderstanding.

Years ago we figured out that cholesterol appeared in arterial blockages, so we assumed that maybe eating it wasn't such a good idea. That started a bunch of "public service announcements" about how we shouldn't eat cholesterol. Then we learned that dietary cholesterol has nothing to do with cholesterol in the blood. The cholesterol in your blood is made by your liver. The stuff in your food gets pooped out. But the damage was already done. Legions of well-meaning people continue to parrot "don't eat cholesterol" despite the facts.

This.

Also incidentally this is why following whatever today's latest fad diet is, is a bad idea.

hmm, i developed some histamine reaction to eggs in the last few years since I had a series of prolonged illnesses lasting nearly 3 years.

I just get stupid nauseas after eating them in any form now - I'm going to miss them.

>Evolutionary wise we are VERY different
So we can't drink milk from mammels because we work so differently, but we can test meds on them because we are so similar?
We can't eat grass since we don't have 4 stomachs, but you don't need 4 stomachs to digest milk, I don't think that analogy works very well. If we could, I don't think it'd be harmful to our system, as theres nothing toxic about it.

There are different kinds of cholesterols, and the nutrition facts on the carton don't specify which are in the eggs.

I love eat tamago kake gohan, eggs are really yummy for me.

Need the surly kind of the egg fort plz.

what a bunch of nonsense.

Eating lots of eggs will dramatically raise your cholesterol.

It's not 1985 anymore bro.

Egg sandwiches for dinner it is!

sans the greasy brown man

it bothers me how much he stares at the camera

what's going through his head?

>eating hen periods
>putting cholesterol in your body when your body produces it already

It really comes down to taste. You don't need to eat eggs, you can get protein elsewhere.

>You don't need to eat eggs, you can get protein elsewhere.

We don't all have boyfriends who can provide it, user.

It's not just about protein bro. Eggs have a ton of uses in the kitchen:
-binder for breading
-holding together meatballs & similar
-emulsified sauces
-meringue
-baked goods

wtf I love eggs now

Delish gutter oil!

are there no substitutes though?

I learned today that eggs cooked without added fat are a negative calorie food.

That means I can literally sit in the bathtub all day, cooking eggs in the bath water and eating my fill, and I'll actually lose weight.

Fuck yeah, life is going to be good from now on.

>Food and cooking image board
>user talks about how home raised chickens produce better eggs
>gets given the sarcastic subscribed maymay

Meanwhile we get Ja/ck/ and McShill threads almost daily and people seem to take those seriously.

"why are you filming me making comfort food for this manual laborer? fuck off

Hens only. I live in a neighborhood so the crowing would not likely be appreciated.

At least the anti-egg lobbyists are failing

Meanwhile gluten is viewed as the most dangerous substance known to man by half the population

The worst part is that studies have shown that pregnant women who do not eat gluten have a much higher chance of giving birth to a celiac child so the fearmongering of today will last through generations

I always assumed it was the breakfast cereal guys.