Study & motivation

How do you guys stay motivated to study?

atm I feel really burnt out on math..

pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

america.aljazeera.com/watch/shows/real-money-with-alivelshi/articles/2015/1/13/sanitation-gold.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

getting good grades

Because if you dont study youre gonna end up like the guy who picks up your trash every week and barely make enough to support yourself.

But sanitation workers make solid money, senpai

america.aljazeera.com/watch/shows/real-money-with-alivelshi/articles/2015/1/13/sanitation-gold.html

>But sanitation workers make solid money, senpai
Working climbed off the back of a truck picking up literal trash is worth 'solid money' ?

Idk
I used to be the highest grades in my classes especially Math/science/Physics over 100 percent in some
Then I stopped because I was so ahead
Then the downward spiral came, i'm failing almost all my classes.

It's not about discipline , I have been working out for around 2 hours daily for about two months now only skipping one day because I fucked my foot, I can do it if I want to.

Idk it's probably because of my oneitis, which I recently got over because of a new girl who has been making "moves" going out of her way to sit next to me ect... If she does it again i'm taking to her, maybe that will fix my funk or at least give me a gf and I can stop posting on cancer internet and text her instead.

Thanks for reading the blog post guys.

Just making the point that it's not all end-of-the-line if you fuck up in school. Only ever over once you die. Though once you're homeless, life switches on hard mode.

meth or meth light (adderall ect)

Kinda me. I burned out so much that I don't even feel like picking up a book anymore.

Thinking of seeing a psychiatrist honestly.

>Thinking of seeing a psychiatrist honestly.
They are trying to do that to me.

No fucking way i'm going to a niggeriastrist.

I'm just going to get with this girl.
If it turns out I still fail with her, then yeah maybe I will go to a psychiatrist.

Who's "they"?

I've already booked one desu, I've suspected for a long time that I've had Aspergers/ADHD/Autism so I wanted to discuss that too.

>they
...The school bro

>Aspergers/ADHD/Autism so I wanted to discuss that too.

Pic related.

Protip: relationships usually don't help studies
Proprotip: relationships usually don't make effective alternatives to psychiatry
Proproprotip: running from your problems only works until you run out of breath

>usually
>usually

>Proproprotip: running from your problems only works until you run out of breath
Yeah but i'm starting to look like a Greek statue, which is nice.

You can greentext "usually" and hope for the best, but remember that's two gambles, not one, and failing either of them will likely result in your emotional state becoming much worse.

Having friends and maintaining a healthy lifestyle outside of studying

It would still be nice to have someone to talk to, for once.

I have no friends nor family.

>failing either of them will likely result in your emotional state becoming much worse.

Don't care.

>It would still be nice to have someone to talk to, for once.
>I have no friends nor family.

Isn't that what Veeky Forums is for? A place to talk to others right? Or is it s trap set for the lonely? Being so used to talking to hundreds at the click of a button why would you ever put in the effort to do it in real life where it actually matters?

For what it's worth user, I only responded because I stubbornly tried to fix my own problems with a very long-term relationship which did not pan out. Good luck.

I guess. But I still want to have a healthy social life IRL.

>a very long-term relationship which did not pan out

Did you at least get some fuck?

Are there long-term relationships without some fuck? Those poor souls.

I believe they are called Christians.

Too Noble for me.

I made a study group for this very reason. We motivate one another. I pretty much study all the time with different groups, because I feel obligated to go.

Fucking Faggot.

It's a stable job with benefits, more than can be said about a whole lot of other ones...

Fucking loser

l2p a musical instrument or pick up an artistic hobby, or do easier math for fun.

when i'm burnt out on hard math I just do thousands and thousands of arithmetic problems because it's easy and I can speed through them and it's relaxing.

but then again i am also autistic so it might just be my autism is why thousands of arithmetic is relaxing.

jk i don't have autism it's just relaxing because it's easy. easy things are relaxing.

don't you get tired solving those problems?

Easy problems make me feel like I'm wasting my life.

>Easy problems make me feel like I'm wasting my life

I'm not disagreeing with you. I know what you mean, I do, but...

You really don't like getting faster at things? I love being able to compute sums quickly in my head. You can only get faster if you practice, however. Don't get me wrong, I like a tough proof too- there really is nothing more rewarding than fighting with a tricky proof and then having the solution appear to you while you're in the shower, on the shitter, running, in the car, etc. Also, surprisingly, computing sums quickly is great for picking up women, AND it makes bullying the pure math majors in the hallway easier, since they usually only do non-constructive proofs (and slowly at that)! Sad!

:^)

I got good at computing sums with a 400-problem worksheet in elementary. I got good at ~long~ multiplication with a 400-problem worksheet in elementary. I got good at long division with a 400-problem worksheet in elementary. I have not stagnated in these areas - I still improve these skills when they are involved as intermediate steps in more interesting problems. I have no desire to focus solely on this skill. I'm at the least adequate at mental math and have no desire to be a human calculator.

>I got good at computing sums with a 400-problem worksheet in elementary. I got good at ~long~ multiplication with a 400-problem worksheet in elementary. I got good at long division with a 400-problem worksheet in elementary. I have not stagnated in these areas - I still improve these skills when they are involved as intermediate steps in more interesting problems. I have no desire to focus solely on this skill. I'm at the least adequate at mental math and have no desire to be a human calculator.

That's fine, and I respect that. I'm asking anyone to be a "human calculator". It's just one of many skills to have. It's funny, because /ic/ has the same fears as Veeky Forums. On /ic/, when you remind anyone about drawing straight lines or drawing realistically or anatomically correct, they go, "I don't want to just be a human copying machine!!". I'm not asking anyone to devote all of their time to it. To me it is just another tool to add to my belt.

>I have not stagnated in these areas

Interesting. I'm a little skeptical of that. Most people do stagnate without practice. I know you probably didn't time yourself when you were in elementary, but if you're interested, I recommend getting a little spreadsheet and seeing what your max speed can be for arithmetic calculations, what's the fastest rate you can get for improving over time. Especially with mental calculations. Since multiplication is easy to do mentally, a more challenging calculation would be calculating two digit powers of one and two digit numbers. Most people memorize the first 5-10 powers, but never come up with a method for calculating higher powers, which is kind of sad, because it does end up being helpful in all areas of life, being able to keep many steps in your mind at once, forwards and backwards, etc.

>I'm not*** asking anyone to be a "human calculator".

You may be right that I have been better in the past. I completely agree that it's another thing with a use. I suppose I'm just defending that my post wasn't from the "no one needs to be good at that" camp.

I am somewhat interested in learning techniques I do not know of, but usually not enough to motivate me when I'd rather try to improve at other areas and continue learning.