Here are my thought on all the STEM careers

Here are my thought on all the STEM careers
>Pure mathematics
LMAO @ anyone who does this to achieve something if you're not Mochizuki or Tao
>Applied mathematics
If you fail to get into a research institute you an always sell out to finance.
>Mechanical engineering
Waste of time-tier. Every possible mechanical gizmo has already been invented and optimized to shit, you are busting your ass in a hard degree just to end up a glorified CAD jockey
>Aerospace engineering
The only mech eng field that's still got some innovation left however extremely small and competitive with only a few key companies doing anything serious. If you're not in murica or maybe Britain what is the point?
>Civil engineering
A good career, lot's going on in the construction industry, new boundaries always being pushed, plenty jobs around
>Medicine
Good money, very noble career however extremely stressful.
>Physics
Mostly dead, all that is left is only for the 180+ IQ geniuses but if you're that you may as well just circlejerk in pure maths because it's the same thing these days just made up bullshit on paper, no more tangible experiments that meant something. If you are not a genius enjoy flipping burgers.
>Chemical engineering
Don't know much about this, I heard it pays well but work locations are shit.
>Chemistry
More to do than in physics but lab work is kind of boring and underpaid.
>Electrical engineering
Good modern degree, can work on new hardware and power systems.
>Computer Science
90% of the shit on this degree you don't need to know. Way out of step with the modern world. Coding should be like reading, taught in schools by 16, you shouldn't need a fucking degree for this.
>Biology
As low paid and niche as the other pure sciences but at least it's easier to make an impact. Less autistic too.

Other urls found in this thread:

bls.gov/ooh/architecture-and-engineering/mobile/electrical-and-electronics-engineers.htm
bls.gov/ooh/architecture-and-engineering/mobile/chemical-engineers.htm
bls.gov/ooh/architecture-and-engineering/mechanical-engineers.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>thinking physics is mostly dead
>what are superfluids, superconductors, semiconductors, and the whole new and booming field of biophysics
>being this autistic

> Computer Science
> 90% of this degree is shit

Worst part of it all, even the AI degrees at university are garbage. 60% of my Computer Vision course wes learning about camera shutter speed and algorithmic edge detection. 1 lecture on CNNs. Dropped out then and there.

It's the epic "physics is only high-energy physics and string theory" meme.

>superfluids
Chemistry, also useless
>superconductors
Could also argue this is chemistry, yttrium barium copper oxide and all that. Regardless has been dead since the 80s. Room temperature and standard pressure superconductors are pretty much /x/ at this point.
>semiconductors
We already have transistors that can run Crysis.
>biophysics
It's literally biology that uses a bit of physics.

>what is moore's law

>EE
>good
bls.gov/ooh/architecture-and-engineering/mobile/electrical-and-electronics-engineers.htm

>0% job growth
Lmao

>ChemE
>good
bls.gov/ooh/architecture-and-engineering/mobile/chemical-engineers.htm

>2% growth
>35k jobs
>when there are 10k people awarded a ChemE BS every year

Lmfao

how hard would it be to change your major from ChemE to EE

I fucking hate it

A meme.

unemployed arts student detected

>Search my career, surveying on BLS
>"Employment of surveyors is projected to decline 2 percent from 2014 to 2024"
>"Improvements in surveying technology have increased productivity, reducing demand for surveyors."
JUST

Why should we even care about your shitty opinions on fields with which you have no real relationship too? These threads are stupid, take them to /b/.

pure math autist detected

Changing it? Not.

Succeeding afterwards? Depends on your program. The EE program I'm in is a fucking joke of work compared to the other majors. We read very little, our hardest math is conditionals in programming or square roots, with some matrices on the side.

I've had garbage classes, where there was either way too much material or the teacher was just fucking trash, but largely it's simple work. That might be the problem, is it's simple work, but you have to apply it properly (for the practical stuff anyway).

I just finished my third year, and one of my projects was programming Pacman on an embedded system (LPC1768). I think the grading will be very generous or something, because the teacher underestimated how much more work there was compared to Tetris.

It's worth mentioning EE uses Physics 1/2/3 Calc-based, and Calc 3 (volumes) and Differential Equations. I know some Engineering majors only go up to Calc II and Physics II or something, which is really a shame.

To put it in perspective, EE is an established field, where relatively speaking, performance is a significantly greater requirement for succeeding. It's a lot more robust than ChemE or MechE shit, where either you don't need to be that good or software will just tell you what's wrong and basically how to fix it. EE is a lot more intertwined and bullshit, but I can't stand simpler systems or rote lab work.

Looking at job outlook:

bls.gov/ooh/architecture-and-engineering/mechanical-engineers.htm

Literally by 2014, their outlook would have MechEs at 292k, while EEs are still 316k. And you get paid more.

One of the most obvious things they don't tell you: EEs require programming courses. You could super fucking easily go into a programming+hardware field, because you'd have good scientific and hardware knowledge. Cont.

>Here are my thought on all the STEM careers
Here are my thoughts on shitty gorilla threads:
Fuck Off

Your detector is broken, maybe you should get someone to fix it for you. Oh wait EE is shit, like every other STEM field OP mentioned. Just fuck off with these threads which offer absolutely nothing.

Programming majors might have significantly better programming skills, but they rarely have hardware knowledge, let alone any science behind it. Computer Engineers might dabble in fundamental hardware, but nowhere near the extent an EE would.

Literally with EE, I have had to learn fundamental circuit analysis, electromagnetism where the physics majors got two semesters (fucking all of classical 3d EM, wish the class was better), digital logic, programming digital logic using software and hardware (VHDL), extracting information from signals (communication, haven't gotten to it yet), and power distribution systems. There's also some other things for next year. And I'm a Math minor. If you do it all on time it ends up being >16 credits per semester, every semester.

MechEs are a lot more bottlenecked, and most CEs probably go into research or network hardware/administration. EE has just so much more opportunity in my mind, I can't imagine how they say "0%" job growth, when the internet-of-shit hasn't even hit full swing.

your mother should have never ever spread her legs.

>got redpilled on his degree
>booty blasted

I keep hearing people mention biophysics but what does the field really entail?

Found the 20 yo undergraduate form the middle class. End yourself fucktron.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Definitely agree with the Civil part. I'm currently working with a GC as a Project Engineer, and it's extremely apparent how broad the field really is. Last I checked, projected job growth for Civil Engineers is like 18% or something ridiculous, and if I'm not mistaken, that doesn't include jobs outside the title that can still be acquired with the degree. It's crazy.

w-what about surveying? Where there's civil engineering jobs there's surveying jobs r-right?

No that brailet work has been replaced by computers, they still need big boy brains to do the city planning and design

What are you even doing on Veeky Forums if you think all scientific fields are shit?

Well, yes, but definitely not in the same quantity. It doesn't take as many surveyors for a job that it would take CEs or etc. You do get the benefit of having a decent range of options though. Surveyors can be/are needed for multiple stages of the job, which helps, but typically aren't needed for long. Along with this, job outlook is on the decline. I know at my company for example, we have some more senior foremen who are trained in general surveying, so we don't rely on subs as often. Architects and engineers still need them though.

Are you just being an elitist or is that actually true?

I have 30 days to decide whether to sign up for surveying or civil engineering. Civil engineering pays more but I'm not sure I have the brains for it.

>being so autistic

What do you guys think of mechatronics ?

Assuming it's properly taught.

Why do you care what people on the internet think?