SpaceX Thaicom 8 May 26, 2016 launch

So, will it or won't it launch on schedule?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LHqLz9ni0Bo
youtube.com/watch?v=zBYC4f79iXc
youtube.com/watch?v=wPYOtCFSLKw
b737.org.uk/production.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Maybe it will. Maybe it wont.

The cost of waiting a couple weeks is a lot less than the cost of fucking up.

What time will it launch?

Sorry, i'm at uni

21:40 UTC

Nobody really knows.

There is a 50% chance of it launching on schedule.

Either it happens or it doesn't.

>tfw missing the successful barge landing

They will try to land a new one?

No clue. I hope so. Maybe they will make a hoverbike and land on that next time.

Did they even have a proper video of it? Or were they so sure it would fail that they didn't have a chopper or w/e video taping?

Will it launch, Veeky Forums? Is the stream up yet?

thats not the most recent landing

bump

Would be better with stage 1 telemetry. Or at least kerbal UI

youtube.com/watch?v=LHqLz9ni0Bo

Launch time: 2140-2340 GMT (5:40-740 p.m. EDT)
Launch site: SLC-40, Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Florida

Hosted webcast:

Technical webcast (no annoying commentary):

how is its speed and altitude increasing..?

because those numbers are for the second stage, not the one landing

such contribution

Can't wait

i tried my best

Will launch.
Unless troll boat does it again.

hypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehype

>These massive bellend fairings

Why do they do this? Surely it would be more aerodynamically efficient/stable to make the boosters wider and shorter?

Well, not really.

One hour to broadcast. Live streams here:

Some man just want to watch the world burn.

no, it has already been delayed

yes, wider and shorter is more efficient. Falcon 9 dimensions are set not by engineering concerns, but by overpass height! That sets the max diameter, and they stretch it from there to fit the right amount of fuel in.

The fatter rocket Delta IV only gets away with it because stages are shipped by sea instead of by highway. And the widest rocket Saturn V was built on site. If the SpaceX BFR becomes reality, it will also be built at a new factory near the launch pad.

This is the biggest diameter rocket they can ship on the interstate, due to the clearance under overpasses.

Some bulky payloads require this big 5-meter fairing, so instead of complicating their production line with multiple fairings, they just make this one standard model.

So it was a bad idea for me to mimic F9 rockets in KSP? (with FAR, no less)

Long window so there's still a good chance it will launch today.

has it been delayed until tomorrow?

Not according to Twitter 20 minutes ago.

Funny fact, the 747 is the size it is since a larger plane fuselage wouldn't fit through the train tunnel which the Boeing factory uses to transport stuff

God damn it! I'm here!!! Am I late?

The livestream hasn't started yet

No, they are late.

Seriously?
Isnt Boeing just a mega-factory on a plain somewhere?

Not promising.

>15 minutes ago
>not started yet

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

How many more times can they scrub a launch before they have to declare bankruptcy?

I seem to remember that when they fucked up (the one after the "Orbital Cygnus" explosion last year) they said they had like two more shots before they were dead.

Everett, Washington. Yes, largest building in the world by continuous floor space.

SpaceX waited just for you!

hi

b737.org.uk/production.htm

You do realise that delays are the fucking bread and butter of all launch systems? Ariane, ULA, everyone had delays and scrubs. 90% of that SpaceLaunch-site is just news of a launch being delayd over and over again

Oh bloody well done, Wendy.

Hosted

Technical (best channel)

what the fuck where is the stream

FUCKING BOATS EVERY TIME

see

REEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Yotube stream delayed

Not a problem. Coastguard hailed them and told them they're fine if they maintain speed and heading.

>Scrub/Abort

I meant failed launches that result in the LTS being engaged.

I know full well that they often postpone.

>the tension when RSO declared launch abort when the cygnus was postponed before it blew up because some fishing vessel didn't fucking move.

T- 1h : 30min

>Thaicom

So like communications satellite for Thailand?

Yes.

>Manufactured by Orbital ATK, the 3,100-kilogram (6,800 lb) Thaicom 8 communications satellite will serve Thailand, India and Africa from the 78.5° East geostationary location.[120] It is equipped with 24 active Ku-band transponders.

>scrub
KEK

Should have gone with the reliable option Thaicom

shit

Why do I love ULA so much? It's pretty simple when I think about it. ULA isn't just the best launch provider in the country; they might just be the greatest launch provider of all time. Just imaging the Altas V riding through the skies of Earth, the wind on its fairing, the mighty RD-180 below it. As she rides through the red sky, NASA swoons at her very scent. They know how she smells; the essence of burning RP-1 smell is sold in Orlando under the name of "Space Orgasm." The very nature of ULA is mystery. Could they be playing a deeper game than even Tory Bruno realizes? The answer is yes, ULA has passed such boundaries as the physical world, and has free will to do whatever they sees fit. However, ULA is filled with such guile, such arcane craft that they does not even use these powers. Why? You will never know, for the mind of the ULA is not one that is easily penetrated. ULA rockets are such a force of nature in this realm that nothing can truly touch them, the only thing keeping them bound to this world at all is their will to exist within the preordained boundaries understood physics. ULA is not only beyond the comprehension of us, it exists within a plane of true focus and beauty. Observe the plume of exhaust gasses from this Delta IV, the gorgeous and rippling flames, the gallant fairing, and most importantly, its engines. Her engines, like cauldrons straight from hell, provide the only glimpse into the true machinations of ULA. Do not stare into them. Many good men have gone mad in the attempt. ULA is not just a launch provider, a formless collection of engineers and rockets; they are themselves the binding that holds the word together. Without ULA, Musk the Menace takes over and the entire space industry as we know it crumbles. The Mississippi would stop flowing without ULA, Kessler syndrome would take over in orbit, and the space station would fall without their fiery gaze. These are just of a few of the reasons why I like ULA so much.

haha classic

>@elonmusk
>There was a tiny glitch in the motion of an upper stage engine actuator.
>Probably not a flight risk, but still worth investigating.

See you tomorrow, space cowboys.

nice pasta

>@elonmusk
>There was a tiny glitch in the motion of an upper stage engine actuator.
>Probably not a flight risk, but still worth investigating.

Nice try Wendy.

>The approximately two-hour launch window opens on May 26 at 5:40 pm ET, 9:40 pm UTC.

Cutting it close to that window?

I think they have something to do with the fact that it can't go supersonic unless they are bell-ended. Choke points. Fluid dynamics. Venturi effect.

disregard this post.

>click the little checkbox next to your post

>go down to the bottom right and click "delete"

Problem solved!

Why don't they move it by train?

>Western USA
>Trains
good meme

Oh wait, nvm. The launch is in Florida.

Two hours, people.
Technical (no talk):
Hosted:

Maybe they could move it with the [spoiler]Hyperloop[/spoiler]

Bumping with Apollo program info

May 26, 1969....Apollo 10 returns from the Moon after a successful lunar landing dress rehearsal. The test flight gives NASA the information to refine procedures and confidently commit Apollo 11 for a lunar landing. Apollo 10 cost approximately $350 million US in 1969 ($2.3 billion US in 2016).

it's happening

Here we go. Stream commencing.

>meters
>kilometers
cucked

T -15 minutes

post yfw it explodes on launch

T-5

Also, it seems like they've upped their black presenters ratio.

>that autist looking in camera

>Not watching the technical webcast with no annoying casters.

>not watching both

Looks like the last problem with S2 engine gimbal was fixed.