What scientific discoveries were made from putting men on the Moon?

What scientific discoveries were made from putting men on the Moon?

That the us is better than the commies

Prove it?

>What scientific discoveries were made from putting men on the Moon?
Improvement of visual effects in cinematography.

>what is operation paperclip

google is your friend

trolls or no, I always wonder what leads some people to refuse to believe in events outside the scope of their imagination (holocaust, moon landings, 9/11). There's definitely an arrogance to it.

clearly google isn't your friend, the US integrated foreign scientists into their space and nuclear programs far more effectively than the USSR ever could.

Tang. Beverage of greatness.

>I always wonder what leads some people to refuse to believe in events
maybe because these events did not occur? i say this is possible especcialy taking into account rhe dark reputation of usa government.

Then why were commies the first in space?

>holocaust
Because the current official holocaust story came from the Nuremberg trial, one of the rules of this trial was :
>Art.19 "The Tribunal shall not be bound by technical rules of evidence."

This kind of belief only apply to religion, so some people wanted to scientifically study what happend, but it was forbidden and it still is forbidden to scientifically study this claim.

>moon landings
Occam's razor either and other similar pictures are fake AND we went to the moon, or moon landing photos are fake.

>9/11
Everyone believe in 9/11, some believe it was an inside job, it may be because some pages from the final report were not released, there seems to be some baffling details like free fall speed, small explosions, steal beam melting temperature, neighbor building falling etc...

>outside the scope of their imagination
it's outside the scope of their imagination, they're just trying to find mysteries where there aren't any, born out of doubt/fear of the government, which is partly the previous governments' fault. Doesn't mean the conspiracy theory isn't dumb though.

>the US integrated foreign scientists into their space and nuclear programs far more effectively than the USSR ever could.

>Got Wernher von Braun, the father of rocket science, a man who spearheaded the US program himself
>The US """""""integrated"""""""" scientists better than the USSR, that's why they got to the moon first!!!

Sovietboos are annoying as fuck, but I swear US nationalists are worse.

Throwing some of their best rocket designers in the Gulag for the better part of a decade didn't exactly help either.
On the other hand, the clusterfuck that was the US space program(if you can call it that) up to Gagarin's first flight was something worthy of the history books.
>Hey, we have all these german rocket guys..
>Just put them in the desert.
>Oh shit, a satellite!

most conspiracies theories are easier to integrate than the reality though. when I say imagination I really mean integratable; most people would rather believe a theory that fits their ideological perspective of the world. It's easier to believe Princess Diana was murdered in a creepy Royal Family plot than an absurd car accident, for example.

Also I never said Von Braun et al is why the US got to the Moon first; that poster was trying to disqualify the superiority of the US space program /because/ of operation paperclip.

pretty much

We determined the age, composition and source of the dark maria regions of the Moon.

Discovered gravity mascons (which must be understood in order to orbit the Moon for a significant amount of time less the orbiter crashes).

Understood the interior structure of the Moon via seismometers.

Discovered the Moon is receding at 3.8 cm/yr thanks to retroreflectors.

Determined the Moon had a strong, short lived magnetic field.

>conspiracies theories
Do you have any proof? Just because your opinion have more support doesn't mean you right.

>Also I never said Von Braun et al is why the US got to the Moon first; that poster was trying to disqualify the superiority of the US space program /because/ of operation paperclip.

The US program was superior towards the end, obviously, since it succeeded in putting a man on the moon first. I am explaining why. One of the main reasons the US was able to get to the Moon that much faster was because of Von Braun, especially considering the USSR got nothing close to him after the war. You know that someone is a genius and makes a huge difference when, during the age of peak nationalism, a Nazi, who under any other circumstances, would have been tried under the Nuremberg Trials as a collaborator to war criminals, was recognised as the leading figure in rocket science. He was a big deal to the success of the program.

Beyond
>anybody with the tech to track Apollo did so
>the hundreds of punds of rock and samples
>the hundreds of hours of footage and thousands of photo's?
>orbiter-photos of landing sites, equipment and footprints
>reflectors

no. no proofs

you say 'USSR got nothing close to [Von Braun] after the war', but do you really believe they would've treated him so well, let alone put him at the top of their space program?

The fact that the Americans recognised so early the value of the V-2 rocket engineers and took the initiative so early to smuggle them into the United States is an achievement in itself.

>but do you really believe they would've treated him so well, let alone put him at the top of their space program?
Well, this isn't really a question we can (reliably) answer because the USSR didn't get anyone of his caliber anyway.

Sure the US treated him well and got the most out of him. I'm just trying to say that the Soviets achieved disproportionally much in launching the first satellite, first man in space and first lunar mission considering they got shafted during the war, and they got the worse deal with Eastern Europe and scientists not as great Von Braun. My point is to dispel this nationalistic notion that it was purely the US that did everything and "beat" the commies. On the contrary, the US had the most advanced allies to help them, got the best deal out of the war, and suffered minimal damage during the war, all of which contributed to it having the superior program at the end of the space race. The USSR on the other hand, had to fend for itself, and the "commies" were much more impressive at that considering their circumstances and results.

I think the most significant one is the fact that we can actually get there.
Beside that, stuff about its formation. I guess it's important because it's such an odd moon. It's the only big moon in the inner solar system. There's nothing quite like it beside maybe Pluto an Charon, regarding relative size vs orbiting body.

Can't wait for the Mars landings.
If we're lucky, the 'visual effects' will give you lots an aneurysm rupture.

That's not a very good reason, and really shit at explaining the mountains of evidence in favor of an actual landing. It's... lunacy.

I dunno, man. There are people who believe that the ISS is just a hologram, and they haven't popped a vessel yet.

Underrated post

that it's possible to land a craft on the moon
that it's possible to walk on the moon
that it's possible to jump on the moon

all scientific discoveries

Proto-Earth / Theia impact hypothesis.
Measured the Moon's orbit and ultimate fate.
Validation of Galileo's theories on gravitation.
Developing integrated circuits and computer miniaturization.
Velcro.
Tang.

Dont forget the edgelords harassing the parents of. Sandy Hook victims and vandalizing their memorial.

We also learned a shitload about how the human body reacts to partial and zero gravity environments. If I'm recalling this right, there's an interesting paper speculating on the mechanics and energy consumption needed for humans to walk on Mars, and lot of the data for that came from frame-by-frame analysis of the broadcasts from the Moon landings.

Because I don't believe something I can't see with my own eyes.
You cab babble all you want about muh other people did it look at them, I don't care, you can't make me believe you if I can't see it.

>Because I don't believe something I can't see with my own eyes.
Your epistemology is terrible and you should feel bad for mentioning it.

>I don't believe something
>I can't see with my own eyes.
electricity, magnetism, gravitation, wind, etcetera

So you have wondered about this all these times and you never realised that maybe its evidence that makes people think some of these things have been faked. Evidence you never bothered to look at before deciding its rather stupidity that makes one skeptical about 9/11 for example. Now that's arrogance.

Apparently some of these things being fake is outside of YOUR scope of imagination.

Throw in a Bible and you have gone complete Creationist. GG

God
Or does god get a special treatment because you don't like the idea?

Terrible troll post. There's no proof of god.

There's proof of an insane complexity born from iteration after iteration over to humans infinite time according to largely well understood rules.

But there's literally no proof of any deity.

Well, I noticed that many serbs don't believe in US moon landings. This is probably due to the fact that NATO bombed them not too long ago.

If I gouged your eyes out you wouldn't believe anything?

*tips fedora*

Says differently in THE BIBLE.

He'd probably claim his eyes were a government lie and not real

This is a joke, right?

Sadly, no.
>All the pictures/tapes showing the ISS is made in a massive pool at a secret NASA-base, every clip showing zero gravity is CGI and the thing you see in your telescope isnt the ISS, but a hologram.

I whish i was making this up, but these people exist.