How do you keep you cast iron clean?

How do you keep you cast iron clean?

Don't take it out of the display case.

Elbow grease, and some oil.

Lots and lots of oil, and when that doesn't work. Kosher salt as an abrasive.

soap and water DUH

Wash with very hot or boiling water after use.

Then you polish it with oil and carefully give it a goodnight kiss on the handle before putting it on the cabinet.

This. Wash it just like any other pan.

1. Plastic scrub
2. Hot water wash
3. Dry
4. Crisco on the whole pan
5. oven 350 1hr

Am i doing it wrong???

I bought the oil, but what i found using the pan after oiling causes too much smoke

#NOPE. you never use soap on a cast iron pan the soap goes into the pans pores even after you wash it. only supposed to wipe out then wash with hot water only then re oil

>pores
it's a fucking pan not skin dummy

Where do I get elbow grease?

mineral oil and heat

this works, except i season with grape seed oil as it has higher smoke point.. when it gets bad i take sandpaper to the it

Perhaps you should do a quick Google search for SEM images of the surface of cast iron before you open your cockholster.

I've washed cast iron with soap for 20+ years with no issues at all.

If a little bit of soap affects the seasoning on your cast iron, it's not seasoned properly to begin with.

Wipe it down with a lil salt and a (paper)towel.

I do this. Some times rinse with hot water prior to toweling off.

cook cornbread in it. instantly cleaned and shiny.

I dont eat eggs so I don't need my cast iron to be incredibly non stick. I just wipe it down with salt after cooking and call it good.

After you scrub/wash it with hot water only, put it back on a burner for a few to make sure it's totally dry

you're not supposed to wash cast iron retard

Does the mold give the food flavor? Or does hot oil "sanitize"the pan.

>people actually use cast iron
you realize this is the element that literally destroys stars in space right? enjoy your iron poisoning and slow painful death morons

And you're going to live forever?

Wash it with soap and water, don't listen to retards.

Lmao if your pan is moldy you're an idiot

I wipe it out when i'm done with anything that isn't just oily and heat it up super hot. Heat actually does kill bacteria, not sure if you skipped science class or something

>mold
Don't leave shit in it, dingus. You cook shit then wipe it out. Wash with mild soap and water if you need to and don't scrub it ever.

You should be able to wash it with soap and water if it's been seasoned properly with the polymerized fats. They won't react to soap and pull off if it's seasoned.

Actually, yes. Hot oil should sanitize the pan. Now, there are still spores and bacteria in the air, so you'll need to clean the pan properly, but like the burger in the car "experiment" a cooked surface/food will be sterile from hitting temperatures hot enough to kill all bacteria.

I wouldn't use these on electric. You can, but they just don't have the same performance characteristics. It's like that friend who insists he needs an i7 and 16GB RAM to play games. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

there's IRON in your BLOOD you FOOL
we are the star killers
we are the stars
we are life and death given form
fuck you

wipe out your cast iron pan then heat it til it smokes. clean

They're actually ideal for many things on electric stoves because the high thermal mass of the CI pan can help overcome the relatively weak power output of an electric stove.

You are retarded.

It is even more important to use cast iron on electricity.

Electricity will never have the same btus as gas.

Therefore you need to have a heavy ass chunk of metal to maintain temperature during searing...

>iron poisoning

You can turn your hair and skin red from rust before you poison yourself with iron.

So it improves the performance of electric stoves, but it under powers cast iron.

>Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

>So it improves the performance of electric stoves,
Yes.
>>but it under powers cast iron.
That's nonsensical.

Think about it like money. Suppose you need a lot of money for an expensive purchase. If you make that much money every paycheck then that's no problem. But if your paychecks aren't big enough then you save up the money. That's what a CI pan lets you do: store up the heat by pre-heating that thick heavy pan from a relatively weak stove so you have it available for high-heat cooking purposes like a stir-fry or searing meat.

Cool if I put this on tshirt?

Do it! I'd wear it

you can't really clean cast iron, so because it's cheap I just throw the pan out when I'm done and use a new one the next time I cook

>less than 16gb RAM POWER
what year is it again?