How come we see some people as ugly as fuck, like, why dont we see everyone as beautiful...

How come we see some people as ugly as fuck, like, why dont we see everyone as beautiful? it would make it much easier to get a mate and reproduce if everyone was sexy or if we didnt see ugliness (does tht make sense), and thats what humans are supposed to do. i guess beauty can be subjective but i dont think anyone will think a really ugly person is good looking, maybe if they can look past the face and into the personality... but r humans supposed to see personality? isn't it ideal to have the most beautiful kids, as arent they the ones who are always naturally athletic and shit?

>How come we see some people as ugly as fuck,

No it's pretty much just you

back in ye olde days before the witchcraft of makeup and personalities and ye newfangled social constructs. beauty ~= correlates with health. which correlates with good living conditions and likelihood of successfully having/rasing kids

Dunno man we are some complex fuckers who breed interspecies. Just watched a documentary about ducks and they are identical and apparently the mating is not based in the physical appearance, this happens in all nature with some preferences for size but we are the only who dont fit in that because we mate in different size, colors and forms.
Sorry if my engrish is shit

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder bro. There's no scientific definition of beauty.

Scientifically, evolution produces offspring that are "most fit" for that particular environment. Obviously humans are the exception because we're smart enough to have weird tastes and opinions. But in most situations, most fit can mean anything, from strongest, to smallest, to most colorful, etc. Beauty need not necessarily be the main goal for reproduction, even for humans.

That's what ugly as fuck people say. Just saying.

Interesting thread and some smart answers here.

I think that if we thought everyone was sexy we would reproduce with anyone and as humans tend to live near those related to them that would lead to inbreeding.

And humans (and I guess mammals in general) don't just try to make as many babies as possible and see which survive: They make few and nurture them. That's why it makes sense to be a little picky of your partner.

Also even though some fetishes are useful in evolutionary sense (fitness and/or well nourished, alpha personality, wide hips) we are so complex that some unnecessary things might develop with the preferred attributes (wierd fetishes, cecum, fingers wrinkle when wet).

True.
Actually, the more symmetrical your face is the better you look.

Humans are machines.

-You need to be able to tell the difference between a viable mate, and a rock
-You need to select mates that are fit both genetically, and as parents to the offspring, tribe, or whatever it might be. You need to be more prone to selecting mates that won't die in childbirth. Else you have wasted energy and resources, and the whole is weakened as a result.
-You need to avoid danger and disease.
-Attraction depends on many factors. Some seem to be more or less hardwired, others are heuristics informed by time and experience relative to how you function, etc.
-If all a species needed for success was to fuck everything and anything to pump out children, you'd be seeing a lot more of that. Humans only worked out because we were capable of replenishing our numbers fairly quickly, and migrating and actually surviving in climates we're not suited for. Otherwise we'd still be locked in perpetual tribal warfare and scavenging.

In the past, those who had (by random mutation) a preference for strong and healthy partners,
those individual's kids had an advantage in their enviroment (while the women who picked mates resulting in unhealthy kids naturally died out).

What's left today is the ancestors of people who picked rather healthy mates - and "healthy/strong/firtile" directly tranlates to an aestetic perception/qualia

>Also even though some fetishes are useful in evolutionary sense (fitness and/or well nourished, alpha personality, wide hips)

Would these even be considered fetishes if they make sense biologically speaking?

Fair point. Nice to see someone read my comment.

Maybe "preferences" would have been more accurate. But this is sematics in the end. Doesn't change my point.

99% of women that survive to reproductive age without medicine are fuckable, men are not selective in that sense. Only women are because they're investing 9 months and lots of extra food into the child.

>tfw I have an asymmetrical face fetish

It's hardly as simple as that

Then how is the Goose so good looking?

Why are his eyes not horizontal, but shifted?

>tfw men are expendable

You are proof of evolution, be proud.

cultural influences such as the media have impacted our perceptions of beautiful to a level unobtainable by 90% of the population. and only .1% actually utilize themselves and try to be pretty. Yes I made those numbers up, but do you get the point?

but women over 200 years ago looked absolutely nothing like the woman in your picture

lol are you ugly bro? cuz this is what ugly fucks say.

Because we need to purge out the bad genes. That's biology 101, m8.

he's ACTING, you dummy

>> 8097997 (OP)
maybe there's a reason behind producing humans that are ugly as fuck? idk

Because beauty indicates and correlates with a healthy, functioning body.

dude there are plenty of exceptionally attractive people with all kinds of health problems

Because your board took over /x/ and should be encouraging body alteration so we all look like snowflakes on drugs.

Because your a pessimist

what is correlates

Perceived Beauty = indicator of better general health/fertility/genetic compatibility
Better health = indicator of better genes
Better genes = better chance of offspring survival
Better chance of offspring survival = better chance of gene proliferation

Unlike some species we select for this which is why we're currently the sharp end of the evolutionary stick

Bait? The makeup and clothing/hair style maybe...

Media just serves to propagate images of exceptionally beautiful people it doesn't create or perception of them as beautiful in the first place.

You're*

Because it's another value that can potentially be enjoyed.

>why don't we see everyone as beautiful
>the most beautiful kids... are more naturally athletic

You literally answered your own question.

He's not attractive. Youre parroting what media told you.