Can anyone explain to me why STEEM is ignored?

Can anyone explain to me why STEEM is ignored?

>free transactions
>fast transactions
>already many dapps deployed
>dpos
>not DAG

What does Nano do better than Steem?

Other urls found in this thread:

blocktivity.info/
reddit.com/r/nanocurrency/comments/81tk7w/what_does_nano_do_better_than_steem/
reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/81tmwr/what_does_nano_do_better_than_steem/
steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@kevinwong/what-is-raiblocks-how-is-it-different-from-steem
youtube.com/watch?v=WCLC3AZusW4
freewallet.org/currency/steem
reddit.com/r/CryptoTechnology/comments/81u0ox/what_does_nano_do_better_than_steem/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

It also processes most transactions among all coins

Tell me faggots.

no idea I've never used it
but I'm curious too now

it's not making me money and it's not the shitcoin of the month
you gotta ride the waves in crypto if you want to make profits, not fucking hold, it's not 2013 anymore

inflationary so no one will make money off of it

you essentially pay fees in inflation.

You're not supposed to "make money out of it" lmao you're supposed to use it as a currency. Deflationary means no one will spend it because it's better to hold (like XRB). For a currency to actually function, it's better to be inflationary

he is right though, 90% of the people in crypto are here to make money, just look at the telegram of every shitcoin out there, it's filled with moon boys. yes it might be a good project but there are more TA fags now than crypto maximalists or whatever in this space

It's crazy.. it's the most used coin in terms of transactions blocktivity.info/ and it actually proved itself to scale properly

It also has a lot of apps built on it
d.tube = steem + ipfs = decentralized youtube
dsound.audio = steem + ipfs = decentralized music
www.dlive.io/ = steem + ipfs = decentralized streaming
busy.org = blog like interface
steepshot.io = photo thingy
steemit = decentralized reddit

Yet people still hype raiblocks for something that was already solved?

Yeah but look at any Raiblocks thread. Everyone talking about how good and useful it is and how it's gonna replace bitcoin, litecoin, etc. They don't say they're in just to make money, they try to claim that Raiblocks actually solves something that was not possible before

Are you joking, lmao? People who buy xrb / nano don't want to make money? You are deluded. xrb / nano is the epitome of FOMO hype.

I'm not saying they don't want to, I'm saying they also claim that XRB is unique and useful

Because the price is going up. When the price goes down, all of a sudden its shit and worthless.

yes because they are shilling it to make money not to actually bring crypto to the "masses" or whatever
everyone is a cheeky cunt in this game i tell ya' m8
also steem proves that a inflationary crypto works better than a deflationary crypto
austrian school of economics BTFO yet again

Any XRB fag can answer seriously? I'm honestly confused.

Its Nano, no one calls Neo antshares anymore either... And you don't need to be a Nano shill to explain the obvious: If nano takes off nano holders get rich. Therefor nano holders shill nano. If steem takes off (in some ways it already has) steem holders get their tokens massively diluted and get barely any returns, so no one bothers investing or shilling.

Marketing probably.
I mean, I know some people that only know Steem as "that medium clone that pays" (Even though I keep saying that's Steemit, not Steem, which is the currency)

>: If nano takes off nano holders get rich. Therefor nano holders shill nano.

Yeah I get this but that means everyone who shills it for its technical capabilities are either dishonest or ignorant? Surely there must be a reason besides just scammy shilling?

I made a thread on reddit reddit.com/r/nanocurrency/comments/81tk7w/what_does_nano_do_better_than_steem/

they are dishonest.even i shilled some shitcoins back in the day just in the hope to get some steam running on biz. that's how this market works, it's a literally a pyramid scheme with some buzzwords thrown around

Pls upvote it gets no views

>everyone who shills it for its technical capabilities are either dishonest or ignorant?

No, they just want to make money. Are you serious confused as to why more people would shill for a coin that makes them money vs one that doesn't?

Never mind I think it's deleted lol I'll post somewhere else

>No, they just want to make money.
So yes

Posted it here reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/81tmwr/what_does_nano_do_better_than_steem/

Upboat pls

here's a discussion
steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@kevinwong/what-is-raiblocks-how-is-it-different-from-steem
which boils down to: fixed supply and simple message, also xrb is slightly faster and even more scalable in theory

Personally I guess they just have different markets, why would you use steem for everyday payments when it is intended to be used for content publishing?

>1. Steem's blockchain is growing fast (which is awesome and terrifying at the same time) because it contains much more than just transfers. Steem has actual content, votes, etc, where as RaiBlocks simply has transfers. This is important when we're talking about the size of the blockchain and exchanges willingness to integrate. Steem's coming up on almost 2 years now and at a size of 57gb and our blocks aren't even full. I can't imagine how fast this is going to grow if we actually start filling blocks.
>2. With RaiBlocks (and many other cryptocurrencies), you can just download the wallet and an address is generated for you. This unfortunately isn't the case with Steem, which makes it's adoption much harder. If I am out with a friend, I can literally just have them download the wallet and then instantly send them XRB (or BTC or whatever). With Steem, I have to either create an account for them (and pay) or have them sign up and wait for it's approval (and fee paid) by Steemit Inc.
this also sounds convincing

This is exactly it. When I think of Steem (and I generally dont) I think its a blogging platform monetary yada yada who gives a fuck.

Take your steeming pile of erc20 shit elsewhere fags.

Can it scale?

I tried to answer but I don't have enough plebbit karma since I don't really use that place. But answered it best.

Stop talking about Steemit.

I got in hella early and as soon as it hit binance i got JUSTed.

The less people that know about this the better, fuck market manipulations - this currency is actually useful and the website they use it on is a good platform.

Hodling till 100$

You're supposed to earn it
I don't know if that was intentional, but that's the affect.
It's a token of social likes and a new way to monetize content creation

What is the rate of inflation?

what is the consensus mechanism of steem? DPOS?

also, downboated in leddit and saged here because fuck you pajeet

The fact that you can pool a likebot (the fact that, if you're smart then it's all but necessary) undermines the ecosystem
At least in the short term

But yeah, tokenizing 'likes' was an amazing idea

I'd even peg views if I ever forked steem

Yeppers

>fixed supply
Why is this good for a currency? It's just a design decision

>simple message
True, but has nothing to do with technology and it's a bit superficial

>xrb is slightly faster
How? It takes a few seconds for both

>and even more scalable in theory
Steem in theory scales to 10k tps. That Nano video shows 7k tps youtube.com/watch?v=WCLC3AZusW4

In practice, raiblocks barely gets any transactions daily

>why would you use steem for everyday payments when it is intended to be used for content publishing?

Because it works great for it already?

> Steem has actual content, votes, etc, where as RaiBlocks simply has transfers. T
I guess that's fair but Nano is already 4GB and increasing pretty fast

>With Steem, I have to either create an account for them (and pay) or have them sign up and wait for it's approval (and fee paid) by Steemit Inc.
Wtf is he talking about freewallet.org/currency/steem

>erc20
... do you even know what that means

It does a million transactions every day, which is more than any other coin, so yes

Im larping buddy chill out, go take your aspergers meds

>Nano is already 4GB and increasing pretty fast
Not nearly at the rate of steem, and also, Universal Blocks are about to be released (already for code review in github), which will make pruning a lot more efficient and will reduce that size drastically.

someone post a video of a steem wallet transfer and upload it to youtube, because thats what propelled XRB to the moon.

Until I see this its a shitcoin and your all larping.

That's little over 11.5 tps. I wouldn't call that being scalable yet.
NANO has been stress tested successfully at a little over 300 tps.
Were there similar stress tests on STEEM?

Also I read thet their ledger is quite large. The last information I read was about 54 GB while nano is under 2 GB right now. More data = bigger ledger.
NANO is currency only coin so that will always be its advantage.

In a climate where an unprofitable piece of shit like Snapchat is worth $20+ billion, twitter worth same despite making no money net net, Facebook etc - that monetization yada yada is actually a big thing

Yeah bitshares was tested at 3k tps and both steem and bitshares build on graphene blockchain

Yeah their ledger is large, but this is literally the only thing I found that makes sense. And be honest, if raiblocks was just considered a to be better because of ledger size, people would say no one gives a shit they're not gonna host their own nodes anyway.

I also got downvoted on reddit because apparently I must be a Steem holder lol. It's amazing how stupid is everyone in crypto.

Nano is where it is because of marketing. Using an unstable experimental technology like DAG instead of blockchain just because ... because it's marketed as a currency is retarded. Blockchain will win--they literally just need to use Graphene to make a currency coin and that's it.

Posted in /r/cryptotechnology before I give up reddit.com/r/CryptoTechnology/comments/81u0ox/what_does_nano_do_better_than_steem/

for real. they call crypto speculative fomo, but that's what literally every company share is today. nothing pays dividends anymore. Joe Schmo is not going to be a majority holder. you are not entitled to anything by holding shares. it's just people buying something that they think other people will want to buy in the future. if the stock market can survive this paradox then so will crypto.

I will look more into the tech. Still holding nano but will make a switch if there is something better.
Weird that there is no pure currency on Graphene.

>Weird that there is no pure currency on Graphene.

Yeah, I don't understand either, but if that's all it takes for Nano to vanish, then people are right it's just a pump and dump

EOS is also built on Graphene, but it's a platform coin and competes with ETH

at least these guys don't downvote

>using an unstable experimental technology like DAG
DAGs have been around since like the 90s. The experimental part is not DAGs, it's the game theory regarding whether or not a system is secure if you don't compensate validators. you can have a blockchain without miners or a DAG with miners.

>DAGs have been around since like the 90s.
Lol directed acyclic graphs have been here for an eternity, I obviously meant decentralized DAG-based cryptocurrencies.

> it's the game theory regarding whether or not a system is secure if you don't compensate validators.
No, there's a lot more to it that are not tested. Nano is vulnerable to precomputed PoW attack for example, and although I know this is a design decision from Nano, no DAG-based crypto actually proved it worked as scale while both PoW and PoS showed capacity to scale for blockchains