Will this token be mass adopted?

This has it's faults but if the younger generations start using the brave browser and get introduced to this token + twitch streamers and content creators having incentive to earn through this token. If brave browser hits at least 2% of the browser user market, wouldn't this be a comfy hold?

Other urls found in this thread:

xrpchat.com/topic/20486-brad-garlinghouse-presidentcoo-of-coinbase-on-cnbc-3618-5pm-est/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

its just a funding token, other than bagholders people wont want to receive it over bitcoin, or fiat.

this is a shitcoin think about it.

If you have to convince yourself why you would want it or use logic to reason why people will want this then its not going to happen

For coins like this you have to have an emotional connection to succeed where you really want this coin and you are willing to go to lengths to obtain them other than for just selling to some other bagholder.

By you questioning whether or not this coin is a good hold you already know the answer is no but are trying to find a reason to say yes which is a very good reason to step down as I can say from personal experience I've lost a lot of money like this trying too hard to believe in a coin reasoning why its a comfy hold. Don't make those same mistakes user.

Lol. most people just use the browser that comes with their computer, or they use Chrome which has good word of mouth. People aren't going to mass download fucking Brave or other obscure things.

If there can be a civil discussion on both sides for once, it would be interesting to try to answer this. Personally, I don't dislike the concept of BAT, but the main issues I'm seeing is that:
1. afaik BAT pretty much requires user to use a special browser (Brave)
2. the token fluctuates in value, making it difficult to know exactly how much you're tipping
3. you pretty much need to buy the tokens in bulk in advance and hold them until you decide to give them, while their value fluctuates heavily which for the vast majority of people is more of a negative than a positive

It also seems like BAT wouldn't be able to compete if a company like Google, Amazon or Facebook launched something along the same lines, which they would be a lot better placed to do since they already own a lot of big media platforms (and if BAT ever picks up any steam, it seems like they could easily just make a similar project on their own).

For those who hold BAT, what are the main advantages that you see, and why do you think that this will be adopted over other similar or potential projects? Advertising is a big market, but to me BAT seems a bit like throwing gravel at a target when there are many giants who could just pick up a boulder and ram it through if they ever see the little guy starting to have a bit of success.

It wont work if it goes over $1. So the short answer is: no.

I use Brave and I was airdropped 15 BAT last month. I'm not allowed to withdraw it or use it outside of their rewards program, though. I set it up to distribute to some people/sites I wouldn't mind it going to, and it was done. It's a very normie-friendly experience because everything just kind of happens in the background without any knowledge of blockchains or crypto tech necessary

>For coins like this you have to have an emotional connection to succeed where you really want this coin and you are willing to go to lengths to obtain them other than for just selling to some other bagholder.
This is where you're wrong because BAT is one of the few coins with an emotional appeal to success. Millions of YouTube-watching normies have heard about the Adpocalypse and know that their favorite e-celebs are suffering. Certain content creators have been shilling this as a way to reduce dependency on YouTube ad revenue. We're talking millions of people who already donate to their favorite streamers' Patreons, now they can use the tokens they earn from watching ads to support their favorite creators in lieu of muh adpocalypse and tell YouTube to fuck off, it's brilliant

Very valuable information there. While i agree on on 2 of your points you made in 2. and 3.. Bat can actually be integrated into more than just the Brave browser and may gain some traction this year. Sadly though you might be correct that other major companies like Google and Facebook may just improve on BAT and make their own. Although you never know with these things, companies will be born from crypto, it's just knowing which will succeed where others fail.

You touch on a very valid point about Youtube and ad revenue. It's the main reason this coin has been on my radar because we all know E celebs and twitch streamers will shill this token to normies.

Litterally every single point, i mean quite literally every single one is brought up and answered in the whitepaper.

please DYOR

Imagine a web browser that automatically blocked ads, scripts, and trackers.

However, as an alternative, you could manually enable advertising. You would "earn" about $.05 a day for enabling the ads. This small amount of money builds up over time, and you can either cash it out or enable an automatic donation to your favorite content creators, based on the websites you visit most frequently.

In a sense, imagine a web browser that monetizes advertising in a way that benefits the people ads are targeted to, and in a way that benefits the content creators (who are the reason users are watching the advertisements in the first place).

Now replace that $ with a cryptocurrency. That's BAT.

I've seen plenty of criticisms of Brave and BAT, but nobody has ever successfully argued that this advertising model is a bad idea. That's because it's a genius idea, and if it succeeds, it's the future of online advertising.

Jewgle isnt as popular as it used to be. Firedox is owned by Soros now. IE is for grandma and Edge is for your aunt. Opera is owned by the Chinese so one war away from irrelevance. Vivaldi and Brave will see mass adoption by 2028

>donate 20 bat to pewdiepie
>bat goes up $100 per token

FUCK WHY DIDN'T I JUST POCKET IT

>1. afaik BAT pretty much requires user to use a special browser (Brave)
The browser is just the first product they're trying to use the token with, others should follow. Other browsers (e.g. Firefox) might adopt it in the future, if it works out.

>2. the token fluctuates in value, making it difficult to know exactly how much you're tipping
If it ever grows into the mature, well-established token it's striving to be, then it won't fluctuate wildly.

>3. you pretty much need to buy the tokens in bulk in advance and hold them until you decide to give them, while their value fluctuates heavily
You don't need to buy them. The main model is that you obtain them automatically by viewing online ads and that it'll be automatically redistributed on a regular basis (once a month currently).

>It also seems like BAT wouldn't be able to compete if a company like Google, Amazon or Facebook launched something along the same lines
Whatever these companies would launch would only be adopted within their own walled garden. BATs are meant to operate as part of an independent, general purpose, advertisement monetization scheme, much like a web protocol. None of these companies own "the web" or can dictate terms for it.

>For those who hold BAT, what are the main advantages that you see, and why do you think that this will be adopted over other similar or potential projects?
Brave has by the far strongest team behind it and I'm not mainly thinking in techincal terms, but in terms of business connections. You need too be able to convince big name publishers and advertisers to make this work. If Eich and his team can't pull this off, no one can.

I'm holding it because I think the online ad market is ripe for some major creative destruction. This is supposedly a multi-billion dollar industry and yet 95% of the ads you see online are shitty beyond belief.

Yes

My favorite meme.

See you on the moon, boyos

It's literally gaining 400,000 regular users every month.

This.

In its final implementation it's meant to be stable in price. Essentially the whole mechanism of it in action guarantees price stability.

except for the fact that the total supply is capped at 1.5b. How the fuck is the price supposed to stabilize at a pegged value if there isnt enough BAT to go around? take a basic economics course one time

I downloaded brave a couple months ago. It sucked. No idea how BAT could ever be worth any significant amount of money. The $1 meme is true. But I'd be shocked to see it hit $1

its in beta faggot

1.5b tokens with 18 decimal places is enough for everything.

yea no shit. I'm a huge BAT holder myself. my point is that the price wont stabilize in value due to supply & demand. Its actually desinged perfectly to appreciate in value over time

Not permanently static, but relative to most crypto. It won't be seeing x10 in a year.

ok I can agree with that. Once fully implemented it shouldnt 10x in any short term time period. But presently it still does have that potential if they were to announce a partnership/acquisition with a a big company (which is very possible)

Oh it will explode. The reason for relative stability is that the main purchasers are advertising companies, who buy large amounts. Some is given to users who may hold but most is given to publishers who cash out to fiat via uphold. It's quickly fiat to fiat for the most part with high velocity.

Until this point it's all user dependent, so volatile. When ads come in it will explode and then stabilize with growth.

The concept of BAT can be implemented with any browser and any coin. BAT needs first mover advantage and they are not moving fast enough in my opinion. The President of Coinbase and the CEO of Ripple are going to appear together on CNBC's Fast Money on Tuesday at 5PM eastern time. Remember to go all-in on XRP.

xrpchat.com/topic/20486-brad-garlinghouse-presidentcoo-of-coinbase-on-cnbc-3618-5pm-est/

This and the locked in exchange rate are my favorite biz memes :D

Fatal misunderstanding.

>if they were to announce a partnership/acquisition with a a big company (which is very possible)

Part of why I'm holding it as that I'm speculating for a big deal partnership of some kind.

Image for second if Samsung were to use Brave as their default browser for their mobiles phone instead of their own shitty one. Suddenly millions of normies would find themselves using a fast adblocking browser that gives them free internet-funny-money they could donate to their favourite YouTuber/Twitch-streamer without having to do anything besides watching an ad from time to time.

Yep - and there are definitely things like this in the work. Once the ad system is live, I anticipate a full court marketing press. For now, they are staying pretty low key like REQ and also to avoid any legal issues.

There's a competitor that imo is better than BAT and looks like it may have more backing.

Dyor, potential moon mission. For those of you that know the one of which I speak, what are your thoughts?

Source?

>may have more backing
>not backed by Peter Thiel's founders fund

fuck outta here

Some good analysis, but you are all overlooking changing landscapes outside of burgerland. I won't tell you guys again to buy in before June.

Nice dubs. The network effect for Bat is immense.

Question, when I use Brave do I earn BAT and then have to give it away to publishers? Or can I earn BAT for myself by browsing in Brave and transfer it to an ERC20 wallet? (i.e. they don't want to reward users only publishers).

If it’s just publishers, can you start a YouTube channel and send yourself BAT?

they are working on the two-way wallet so you would be able to take the BAT out for yourself, trade on exchange or just sell for fiat.

XRP is my comfiest hold right now. It's also my onlyest hold.

i shorted it from 16500
suck it cripple boi