Is this the best way to make scrambled eggs?

Is this the best way to make scrambled eggs?

youtube.com/watch?v=7a1o_DABT9c

Was Gordon Ramsay in the wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/4594468/Gordon-Ramsay-criticised-as-he-wins-Michelin-stars-for-restaurant-in-France.html
forbes.com/sites/ceciliarodriguez/2014/02/21/michelin-restaurant-stars-losing-their-shine/#2179091f7e41
youtube.com/watch?v=s9r-CxnCXkg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just microwave them.

I just want to hit this faggot in the face with a golf club

>6 minute video with 15 seconds of actual cooking

way to go, fuckstick.

I agree, this is how I will be cooking my eggs from now on desu

Adhering to meme cooking in the face of scientific advances in gastronomy is basically the creationism of the culinary arts.

Who eats this much eggs at once just to have a uniformed yellow eggs? -_-

how did you acquire this link, OP?

YouTube, it's right in the link.

the video says its unlisted

Deepweb.

I love when people who market their cooking videos on Veeky Forums, they are just so fucking transparent that it's adorable.

Probably from the Harvard course on edX.

Science & Cooking: From Haute Cuisine to Soft Matter Science
- Week 5: Diffusion & Spherification.

ON THE HEAT
OFF THE HEAT

yeah what an asshole, providing an in-depth and structured explanation of the recipe.

there's no best way because there's no best result. different kinds of scrambled eggs can be equally good depending on the context and the person. firm and fluffy is good for breakfast burritos. the kind in the video is pretty great on a bagel.

go back to /futurology/

yeah man OP sure is shilling the fuck out of an unlisted video

>Was Gordon Ramsay in the wrong?
His hands tremor from alcoholism and/or drugs.
He has the frustration level of the learning disabled, hence all the poor communication skills and anger. Textbook.
He's a dropout type who married up. That's it. Stop idolizing him as some kind of Mr. Wizard because someone puts a camera in front of him. He's a walking reality show. Nothing he won't do. Maybe even an episode of COPS is next.

>Harvard video
It felt like a first take.
Well, I'm a scientist, and I can cook, and I'll tell you this video was only 25% the way a scientist would speak. When he talks about heat, neare says a work about temperature (high or low) and applying it until a temperature is reached in the eggs, he makes little distinction between time and scale, but implies that heat makes a difference. But, is he talking about high heat vs low heat? A change in temperature in degrees? He wants you to think so when he says it, but instead is quite vague never once mentioning a temp in the eggs. He makes only one distinction to turn down the burner near the end. He wants you to believe that he's giving you the way to do it, like an authority with all the protein speak. The lead weight test? That poor side that had nothing added? He could have added water to that. He's like C. Kimball, with all his scientific looking control group style of cooking, where you do the control group like only an idiot would do, if he were reinventing the wheel.

tl;dr
Carry on as you were doing your eggs the way that you liked them before, since you may like them runny, soft, well-done, or how your culture prefers them.

this gentleman understands

It's about preference. Gordo clearly likes small, runny curds on toast

you sound less like a scientist than he does

ever heard of a control

>Stop idolizing him as some kind of Mr. Wizard because someone puts a camera in front of him

He has a 3 Michelin star restraurant and he has most stars after Robuchon and Ducasse . That's why he's Mr. Wizard.

Either you learn to make eggs right (the way you like them), or you use a ton of cream in them, add more yolks, because you need to make it easier on your foolish self.

Yea, that's science on how to do eggs right!

That dude has a retard lip

you're welcome to your opinion but bullshitting about being a scientist so you can throw shade at some educator/researcher for doing his fucking job is pathetic and very transparent.

>He has a 3 Michelin star restraurant and he has most stars after Robuchon and Ducasse . That's why he's Mr. Wizard.
Mr. Wizard had an educational science show. Only you would think that relates to stars that Ramsey lost, as if you have even eaten at his restaurants.
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/4594468/Gordon-Ramsay-criticised-as-he-wins-Michelin-stars-for-restaurant-in-France.html

Fact is...Michelin is irrelevant. Maybe 50best is better, or a guide like Zagat. Michelin gets it badly wrong. Their so-called reviewers are speaking out against it now, and the salary for the required resume experience is a pittance. People of quality would never work for less than $25k, or for those hours. It's a thing of the past.
forbes.com/sites/ceciliarodriguez/2014/02/21/michelin-restaurant-stars-losing-their-shine/#2179091f7e41

>michelin stars are marginally less prestigious than they once were
>therefore anyone who has any amount of michelin stars, even the ones who have dozens, deserve no credit

OR I was responding to the analogy between him and Ramsey that was posited.

You do know that not every video is Oscar or Emmy worthy, no matter who put it together that was doing their job, right?

GODAMMIT HOLD YOUR FUCKING HEAD UP STRAIGHT YOU WALKING PEZ DISPENSER.

you do know that misrepresenting your opponent's argument in a way that makes it look more ridiculous than it actually is constitutes a fallacy, right?

you're criticising it like it purports to be a precise scientific formulation, and it isn't. it's a recipe with a few scientific arguments for a broad stroke methodological approach making a generally significant difference to the result.

this

>I just want to hit this faggot in the face with a golf club

Me to senpai, me to

There's no right way like any eggs, it's just up to your preference

There is a wrong way however and it's overdone

>in-depth and structured explanation of the recipe

it's scrambled god damn eggs you fucking mook.

>Michelin is irrelevant
>literally the most sought-after status in the restaurant industry is irrelevant

suicide is a great option.

That's about what I do.

youtube.com/watch?v=s9r-CxnCXkg

I think this is a pretty good little video.

What I usually do is scramble them up real well, add some salt and cayenne pepper in, pour them into a skillet with some olive oil, and just continuously stir. They end up American usually because my skillet is so wide.

>cream
nope

kill yourself you uninquisitive cunt. looking into how to make better anything is what makes you a good cook, whether that thing is scrambled eggs or a fucking 20-layer patisserie, the principle is the same.

>let's review some basic egg science

if you understand that there is literally one base ingredient in scrambled eggs and anything else is a matter of style or taste, you're a fucking rock baby and need to be culled from this earth.

But you don't get it! It's the PERFECT scrambled eggs! PERFECT!

>was gordon ramsay in the wrong

It's 'murrican style eggs versus bong style eggs, and a video that explains the how's and why's versus a video that has a seasoned restaurant chef demonstrating a restaurant technique.

I thought the explanation of why you want a certain water/fat ratio was actually useful, and it wasn't something I already knew exactly.

One base ingredient =/= one way to cook said base ingredient you fuckwit. There is an enormous amount of variance in the results when you make scrambled eggs different ways.

>getting this bootyblasted about scrambled eggs

commit sudoko

they're fucking scrambled eggs for gods sakes just cook em how you like

Are you me?