THE CRYPTO BUBBLE

Read carefully.

If we look at the 1999-2000 dot com bubble, it's clear that there are many similarities, and crypto follows a very similar path. At dot com, everyone wanted their cake slice, and everyone wanted to have their companies associated with web domains, even if there was not the slightest connection between them or conditions to thrive. Inevitably the bubble popped in 2000, and by 2001 the entire floor was covered in shit.

We are now near to the final stages. The entire crypto currency world is completely covered of garbage coins and tokens with no clear function, where everyone wants to create useless forks, or token ICOs, obviously with the "creators" holding a considerable part of the total supply in the expectation of dumping and leaving with FIAT. Just like now, where late adopters call "easy money" the crypto currencies, in the dot com they called easy money what they hoped to gain from the association of their companies with web domains, or investing in those things. And just as in those times, now we are starting to see companies trying to someway associate their names with the blockchain thing.

Today we see that it's practically impossible to find something interesting in the new bitcointalk announcements. There are dozens of new pages per day of new coins/tokens announcements, one worse than the other. And just like in the dot com, some of these junks even thrives and will land on the top 100 of the market cap (see dentacoin, for example). So it really is inevitable that the crypto bubble really pops up soon (it may be this year, next year, 2020, impossible to predict for sure, but it certainly is inbound).

[1/3]

Other urls found in this thread:

xrpchat.com/topic/20486-brad-garlinghouse-presidentcoo-of-coinbase-on-cnbc-3618-5pm-est/
web.archive.org/web/20170302111650/https://coinmarketcap.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

However, looking at what happened after the dot com burst, we realized that in the middle of the shit-covered floor, some ideas that thrived in the years to come and consolidated in the last decade are some good ideas that survived or where created in the middle of the dot com bubble. Some even before that.
Therefore, it is vital that we are prepared and well positioned for when the event occours. It will be a bloodbath. Reddit will cry. Veeky Forums will cry. The web will cry. There will be chaos and hopelessness with digital coins, many prices will drop to the floor, not everyone will want to own them more. But in the middle of the tears, shit and blood, it may be possible to make it with the renaissance. Yes, the renaissance. Just as after the dot com, the crypto bubble explosion will be responsible for a major and good cleaning of the branch. Shitcoins/trashtokens, with no proposal or reason to exist, whose sole purpose is to infest and take money from newbies and easy profit thirsty investors, will be completely wiped from existence (just as most of dot com corporations and domains have been swept of the map). Craps like REQ, Nano, Cardano, VeChain, Stinky Link, Stellar, Dash, Ripple, NEM, IOTA, EOS, Tron (undead), FUN, Electroneum and many ohters will die. Only few and strong ones will survive, or the most interesting, promising and truly useful projects (just as genuinely interesting, promising and useful ideas survived to the long run after the dot com bubble), and will face difficult years to come.

[2/3]

We will have the survival and gradual re-growth of Bitcoin as digital gold. We will have the consolidation of Ethereum with the fabulous idea of the smart contracts (I hope none of the tokens survive along). We will see Monero (already on Moon) go to Mars and consolidate as the main privacy currency. And maybe a few more projects, or things to be created that we can't even imagine yet. Things to maybe replace Proof of Work, Proof of Stake, Proof of Capacity (BURST coin, one of the good ideas) and Proof of Authority.

We need to wait. The train has gone, but it will return. And it will return covered with blood and shit. But when it comes back, THAT will be the time, my fellows. That will be the time to board that train most of us lost in the past years.

Be prepared, anons. Be prepared for the years to come...

[3/3]

LINK is a good idea and do not forget that every year more and more neets join the internet with nothing els to do accept for trading shitcoins and playing games. So fuck you and your stupid forecast. NEETs are the future. accept it bitch. now kys

>We are now near to the final stages. The entire crypto currency world is completely covered of garbage coins and tokens with no clear function, where everyone wants to create useless forks, or token ICOs, obviously with the "creators" holding a considerable part of the total supply in the expectation of dumping and leaving with FIAT. Just like now, where late adopters call "easy money" the crypto currencies, in the dot com they called easy money what they hoped to gain from the association of their companies with web domains, or investing in those things. And just as in those times, now we are starting to see companies trying to someway associate their names with the blockchain thing.

Its the free market deciding the price of those assets, get used to it or prepare starve like the little communist shit you are

w0t m8

burst is best. its going to be an everything coin.
privacy. DAG. cloud storage. smart contracts. all on top of PoC environmental friendly mining.

not buying your burst bubble bags

VeChain wont die, friendo
it may be a shit coin, but it wont die

Good essay. We are in a bubble but I would say there is one difference.

In the 90's, companies had websites and it wasn't doing anything for them. Almost zero value added, and the investments into those companies were not generating the returns people expected.

Cryptocurrencies will always be worth whatever people are willing to pay for them, and can still be used in transactions. They'll still have a use as cash, even if what they can buy drops to near zero. Right now, there aren't too many coins that are 10 times better than any other coin. The crypto currency bubble will pop when a coin or coins can totally blow out all other coins by miles. (Hoping it's LINK). Or the bubble could slowly deflate as people gravitate toward the best coins over time and the shitcoins fade into obscurity.

0/10 Fud.

Oldfag here (38). Dotcom crash was NOTHING like this. Where we are now is roughly 1996 - some early adopters are already rich, more are jumping in and a ton of shit is being produced. You kids haven't seen shit yet.

But barely any normies are in it. Big institutions are curious (and quietly accumulating/experimenting). Goverments have decided not to ban it, but are sticking to their tradition of making ominous comments about terrorism and criminals (that nobody except normies gives 2 shits anout).

The real bubble was 1999. Half the damn economy was leveraging off the backs of rising tech stock prices. Housewives were the biggest daytrading segment. It was serious "New paradigm!!" levels of FOMO. Trillions were being hurled at anything with a website. Governments were offering 0 taxes (and blind eyes) for startups.

So.....in roughly 3 years, when shit like TRX is hitting $100, "The View" is conducting "how to trade cryptos" specials, the fastest rising blockchain project is "Nascarchain - each token is a right to advertise on a Nascar!!" and Government economists are hailing it the savior of the Global Economy - THAT is when we GTFO into Gold and short fucking EVERYTHING.

So calm down. You're not wrong, but we aren't even close to that yet.

The President of Coinbase and the CEO of Ripple are going to appear together on CNBC's Fast Money on Tuesday at 5PM eastern time. Remember to go all-in on XRP.

xrpchat.com/topic/20486-brad-garlinghouse-presidentcoo-of-coinbase-on-cnbc-3618-5pm-est/

>Craps like (...) Stinky Link (...) will die
Sorry, your post was great then you screwed it.

sage

Oldfag seems like to know what he's talking about. What were the most absurd things you saw at the dotcom? I was literally 4 at the time.

Link needs other crypto projects. It will never be the sole survivor.

While I agree with you I don't think we can draw similar comparisons to the DOTcom bubble. People are much more aware of things today then they were 20 years ago. It's true that we haven't even scratched the FOMO of a true bubble but I think people will err on the side of caution now as they can look back at previous bubbles and realize the mistakes.

I could be incredibly wrong though

The bubble isn't going to pop until ETFs appear. Probably bitcoin and ethereum.
They are going to happen.

I think there's a chance that an ethereum etf happens before bitcoin. Why? Because ethereum can be sold to SEC as 'fuel for computations' which is a better story than digital tulips.

oldfag isnt your physical age you stupid faggot sack of elephant snot

Wanchain

Monero is a shitty fork from crypto note starter - start your own coin in 5 minutes.

You were right for the most part up until you mentioned the coins you think are crap. I don't think you're going to do as well as you believe you will when the bubble pops.

>we ARE the early adopters

>compares to dotcom bubble
>doesn't know it crashed after total marketcap was well into trillions

You are delusional beyond belief if you unironically call projects with extremely strong real world use cases like REQ, IOTA, VEN or ADA a shitcoin.

Crypto will eventuelly consolidate down into like 4 big "eco systems" based around ETH, NEO, ADA and IOTA interlinked throuh LINK, while XLM will provide for currency transfers and Constellation will be the world's computing operating system in the late 2020's.

Also we are only at the start of the bubbly, true invested fiat marketcap of all crypto is like 200 bn give or take.

> can Britain keep booming?

Keep importing Muslims and will see even tho they're more in to driving trucks this days

Nascarchain actually sounds like a fucking great idea, bad name though. Someone should pitch that idea to them. I would fling money at it

nice selfie retard

Garbage coins will perish. Good coins will prevail. Invest in the FANG of coins and you're good to go. My portfolio is diversified between just 6 coins and all except 2 are major major well known "blue chip" coins. I'm not going to moon 10000000%, but at least I'm not worried at all because none of my coins have the possibility to go to zero.

This. Lots of people have heard about crypto, some talk about it when it pops up in mainstream news, but a very small % of people except for 20 - 35 year old nerds have actually invested a lot of their money into it. People with lots of money (instutitions/boomers /people with good jobs in their 40s-50s) haven't put a lot of their money into it yet. ETFs will probably be the trigger. It's still too hard for normies to invest

How do you calculate that?

>NEETs are the future. accept it bitch. now kys

Nerds were the future in the 90s. Maybe this will be just another wave. A repeat of old patterns.

Actual fiat in system is more like 10BN. But "real company" mcaps are exaggerated too.

>none of my coins have the possibility to go to zero

sort of true, but as mentioned before already, the actual global-scale bubble will be much bigger than what we had here. it's still hard to average person to invest in crypto, and average person know only that it exists, there's cryptographic shit, it's complicated and costs a lot.
but you can see that only now mainstream media starts to catch up on this topic, releasing videos and articles for literal brainlets to let them have an idea.
also, dotcom bubble was about 7 trillions at peak, add here some 300% inflation, and keep in mind dotcom was mostly american shit while crypto is worldwide phenomena. my wild guess that 60-100 trillion is not a limit

They absolutely can't. Because they're not shitcoins. Volume won't dry up to 0, people will never lose interest in what I hold.

Literally one dude who is accountable to absolutely no one could dump the entire industry on his own. Heck, maybe his ex wife finds his private key some day! Don't get too comfy user.

5 out of the 6 coins in my portfolio are in the coin marketcap top 10.
Are you implying that one (1) person can/will crash 5 individual different crypto projects? I absolutely don't see it happening. Sure the crypto hype might die down and eth might go back to 30 dollars and bitcoin to 1k, oh well.

But I don't see what you're saying happening

You know what I'm implying

I honestly dont, I haven't been keeping up with the memes lately. Is this about Bill Gates and his fentanyl money?

It has already happened in the past.
ETH flash crashed on GDAX from $319 to 10 cents(!) back in June, because of a chain reaction of stop-losses and margin liquidations.
Pic related.

Not like that "dumped the entire industry on its own", the price shot right back up (although quite a bit lower). You'll have to kill all the buyers and turn off all their bots to truly "dump the entire industry".

So would you say cashing out EOY 2020 is a good plan?

>he think Ripple is going anywhere but up

Careful of the "top 10".
Pic related, top 10 coins back in 2013.
> But the market back then is different
Ok then here's coinmarketcap exactly 1 year ago:
web.archive.org/web/20170302111650/https://coinmarketcap.com/
Right now the top 8 coin there is about to fall off the top 100 on the page (has already done so several times).

Even ETH pumped last year from 0.03 to 0.2, then ALL the way back down to 0.03.
Before the alt season last year, LTC's entire history was bagholders from people buying the top in 2013 and 2015.
XRP's entire history is huge pumps and dumps.
To me, all these coins are just means to gain more BTC in the end.

What does a flash crash have to do with anything? I was here for that, I saw it happen during the summer. The price dropped to 10 cents and then a minute later was back like nothing had ever happened. I had no stop loss nor do I borrow on margin, that crash did not affect me at all.

I'm talking about the Satoshi wallet, sitting there like the yellowstone volcano.
Alts are still BTC shadows, if bitcoin dumps seriously they will dump too. ETH might have independence but in such extreme turmoil it would go down too.
Very unlikely at this point of course.

I was responding mainly to

>People are much more aware of things today then they were 20 years ago
>I could be incredibly wrong though

Yea, you are lmfao

You overestimate people

>You are delusional beyond belief
>interlinked throuh LINK

Unironically one of the most entertaining threads I've read in a while. Bag holders are out of control up in here

BTC is the only crypto that matters.

In the end, BTC will be the only chain left.

Yes you're not wrong about that. I am well aware that shitcoins don't do well. But that was back in the day when every shitcoin was solely and purely a pump and dump. I believe that with the normie influx we will see a certain stabilization. Certain projects will survive. The hype bubble has popped, now I'm waiting for the actual tech. I'm mainly invested in the big names, the ones that are "too big to fail", and my percent allocation is pretty conservative. 70% of my portfolio is eth and btc. The rest is LTC XMR and a tiny bit of neo and even smaller bit of omg. I don't even expect all of them to make it but I'm hoping that most of them will.

Oh OK that makes sense. I was utterly confused how a flash crash could affect me in any way, they happen all the time even in the stock market (although not anymore. I hate volatility halts)

Bitcoin has been around since 2009 and you guys expect everything to moon the same day. Op is partially correct about the bubble. Crypto is still new and not really regulated for the masses to enter yet. I mean who has not been scammed in some way last year.

agree with almost all except
>THAT is when we GTFO into Gold and short fucking EVERYTHING.

There will always be a gem project or two worth investing in.

>BTC is the only crypto that matters.

Have you even bothered reading about some of these projects? We're seriously going to be doing crazy Bladerunner-tier shit user...

>the most technologically inferior crypto is the only one that matters

yes there will always be a gem, but you have to think in terms of risk/reward profiles.

if there are 100 coins lets say over 10 billion market cap assuming bubble level growth, you have two options.
find the, lets say 5 out of 100 that will be the next giants like facebook, accple, google microsoft, etc, and buy those, (go long)
or short a handful of currencies.

so for the sake of making the numbers even, lets say you are only going to diversify yourself into 5 positions, you could pick the winners, but the odds of picking a single one at random are 5/100 or 1/20. to get any better odds you need to invest time and energy determining which is best, but will experience diminishing returns, and you are never as smart as you think you are. as will all risk/reward analysis you can't look at best case upside because that is potentially infinite in all cases, but worst case potential downside.

in that situation, taking a long term long position on 5/100 when there are only 5/100 that will do well will always be worse than taking a short term short position on 5/100 when 95/100 will go down significantly. the odds are astronomically in favor of a short position.
now consider what might actually be the case,
lets say BTC hits 100k, assuming roughly accurate numbers, that means BTC will have a market-cap of 1.7 trillion on its own,
now assuming linear growth in the number of widely traded currencies, with that number being about 1500 per ten years, we'll see about 1800 by 2020, this is potentially way off because it's linear and could be, and probably will be exponential to some degree.
using a pareto distribution (or zipf according to zipf's law) with a total market cap of 10 trillion,
btc will have 1.7 trillion, and the top 360 will have 8 trillion, seeing as the major winners of the dot-com were already solidly ahead of the crowd for a significant time, we can narrow the range to the top lets say 200. so even risky bets will be maybe 20/200 winners vs 180/200

remember that coinbase now has multiple significant class action lawsuits being filed against it, one of which is about insider trading, and has recently had major issues with people purchasing crypto with credit due to banks being dicks and a fairly poor customer service record.
combine with comparatively high fees at a time where bitcoin fees are dropping at incredible rates, and the limited number of currencies available and it's easy to see that coinbase is going to need a serious shakeup to avoid slowly drifting into irrelevance

Very smart user

Only 10 bn real money invested ?

Now that would make things really really interesting in the next 2 years.

Can you condense your garbage truisms and obvious obversations down to a single post you fucking faggot? Nothing you say is insightful or original.

>buh... i cant read da post dat long..... make it short enough to fit in a tweet plz

I skimmed through it and it's retarded, it's saying nothing new or insightful so I decided not to read it.

It's called being efficient.

Thank you for confirming my decision.

strong burst shill

pls go

3 posts by this ID

1 post by this ID

this is some motivated shilling

I don't care if you are too lazy to read it all. You are free to waste your precious time reading or not.

I don't own any single BURST, and don't pretend, imbeciles. Their wallet sucks a lot, but I really appreciate their idea.

You three, do me a favor and get out of there, pajeets.

>never even hit 1t mkt cap
>bubble

NEETs contribute to only a small percentage of the crypto marketcap.