/liquor/

what you boners drinkin these days?

just picked up pic related as well as a big ass bottle of cruzan white.

any of you guys know any good rye? see a bunch at the shop every time i go, but only tried a few.

>rock and roll sweet and low
premixed cocktail, was awful

>wild turkey 81 rye
better to just get the 101 bourbon

>bullet
pretty good stuff actually. never tried the bournon version. any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

drankdozijn.nl/groep/gin?filter=gin,nederland
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>about to turn 21 in 3 days
Me being in Kentucky, I need only the best Kentucky Bourbon to start off my future alcoholism.
What are your recommendations Veeky Forums?

become an alcoholic after you leave that shithole

Drinking some Jamesons right now and ill probably grab the Glenmorangie Lasanta to finish off.
Thinking about getting my dad Four Roses bourbon for his birthday but i dunno if he really wants or needs more bourbon.
How about you just learn to enjoy what you drink and not be such a gigantic faggot?
Malt liquor or natty ice is usually a good start to dragging your life into the shits
If your looking for Rye the best entry level stuff would be Alberta Premium, Canadian Club 100% Rye and Wisers Small Batch.

Best bang for your buck rye. Sipping Woodford tonight.

prices might be different for you since you live in kentucy.

>woodford reserve
pretty taste, but pricey

>knob creek
also good. should be around 40 bucks

>eagle rare
bit sour, getting more pricey

>buffalo trace
decent, shouldn't be too expensive

>bullet bourbon
supposed to be dope. i've had the rye which is good.

i've only ever had the basic ass glen morangie. i liked it. how's the more fancy stuff?

i tried four roses single barrel and the cheaper one. wasn't a big fan. i liked knob creek much more personally. gave me more of a kick.

my favorite bourbon so far is actually wild turkey 101

so canadian rye is good stuff ah? never actually had any canadian booze. will look for those next time i go shopping though, thanks son

bottled in bond? nice. i buy a lot of old granddad and evan williams BoB.

how about overholt?

Tanqueray and tonic

I just got this on a whim after the local gov't liquor store was giving out samples

it was on sale $35 (normal price is about $60) , and my first non-bourbon whiskey

good shit, it's really sweet. Mostly just had plain though one time I mixed it with iced coffee and it was great

Trying this tonight

I was recently gifted a bottle of brennivin by a business partner from Iceland. It's pretty good, though I don't know if I'd go out of my way to get an imported bottle of it over something easier to find in the states. It tastes like alcoholic licorice.

are all gins super pine cone tasting? i've tried bottom shelf plastic bottle gin as well as beefeater and new amsterdam. all of them tasted like pine cones. do i need to mix them?

never seen this. been drinkin ardbeg a lot though. also tried monkey shoulder

similar to vodka?

>21 yr
damn, what'd that cost ya?

>similar to vodka?
I wouldn't say so, I never heard of vodka tasting like licorice

some left over Bacardi coconut and New Amsterdam apple vodka...and "chasing" with seagrams margarita
not very good but just want to get drunk

it just tastes really fucking good

every night for the past 2 weeks. hes the only friend i have left

any good rum recommendations?

i had appletons before at a party, was pretty good

As far as inexpensive rum goes, I like Sailor Jerry's

Not the greatest, but fantastic none the less.

i saw that at the shop the other day. as well as blackheart. is that one any good?

is it like captain morgans at all? that's one of the only other rums i've tried, shit was god awful

Excuse but I have no idea about proper Gin brands. The only Gin I've ever drank is Gordon's and Beefeater. How do these compare to the one you posted?

>Twice the price of beefeater

Now I enjoy my beefeater. But how likely is it to taste the price? I know I had it at a bar years ago but I can't remember if it was any different to cheaper gins.

>i've only ever had the basic ass glen morangie. i liked it. how's the more fancy stuff?
The Lasanta is quite good, but a tad overpriced here in Ontario. 10 years aged in American white oak, 1 year in Oloroso and 1 year in Pedro Ximenez sherry refill casks. The Glendronach 12 is a better deal for the money if you want a sherried whisky since its also done in both types of sherry casks and its arguably better. Id also recommend the Tomatin 12 year old as its cheap as balls and actually tastes quite nice for under $60 CAD.
yr
>damn, what'd that cost ya?
Don't be fooled by the age statement, you can only tell whats a good deal by taste and modern reputation alone. For example I had a dram of Aberfeldy 18 and it was absolutely dreadful. Even a popular luxury brand like Macallan was awful, their 12 year old is even blander than the Tomatin 12 or even the Auchentoshan Three Wood 12yr and its between 30-40 dollars cheaper.
Moi negro
Plantation, El Dorado 15yo
Hendricks is worlds better then shitty Beefeater. Its extremely smooth and an excellent sipping spirit compared to the bland flavors and Smirnoff-like ethanol sting of Beefeater,

Hendricks is gin for people who don't like gin.

Traditional gin has juniper as the main botanical, so the pine coney taste is kinda the point.

Since it's an occasion, I recommend Mellow Corn, which is not technically bourbon but pretty similar.

It may not matter to you if you're not going to buy a bunch of bottles, but a lot of producers source their rye distillate from LDI/MGP. So Bulleit, Dickel, Templeton, Redemption, etc Rye all have similar flavor profiles.

There used to be a Wild Turkey 101 rye that I would recommend, but these days I would stick to Rittenhouse 100, or even Old Grandad BIB (high-rye bourbon). Bulleit is fine but it's a little young for my taste.

As for Canadian rye I've only ever had a bottle of Lot 40. It's got an odd note in it but maybe that's just me. Just don't fall for the Whistlepig meme.

Oh man Dickel is my jam. The bar I go to has $2 Dickel shots.
For some reason I can't find it in the bottles around here though.

Can't find George Dickel rye in the LCBO any more for reasons I don't understand. Was perfect at its price point.

>Went in to buy a bacardi 8yr
>Appleton RARE 12yr is just a dollar more expensive

how much did I fuck up?

Beefeater is pretty fucking cool, and I like it

but its hard to place 20$ more for a plymouth/Hendricks when it's a white spirit that is almost certainly gonna get tonic watered.

for the price, you done goofed. appleton 12 is dope.

bacardi 8yr aint bad though. especially for a bacardi product.

if you ever see
>cruzan single barrel
>el dorado 12/15
>diplomatico exclusiva reserva
>mt gay extra old

pick any of those up also. awesome stuff

my state is a commie
bacardi was 29$ and the Appleton was a little over 30$

I did get the appleton, sorry if that was unclear. Getting a cool box with the liqour is always great. Mt Gay extra old is mid-shelf and 40$, so a little much. I'd much rather try zaya is I was gonna drop 40$ for a sipping bottle.

also happens to be the best friend you can ask for

zaya isn't as good as it used to be. it's now a blend of 12 rums, instead of 12 year old rum. if you like trinidadi rums, check out plantation.

if you can still find the 12 year old zaya, then yeah, pick it up, i miss that shit man.

pussers navy rum is also good stuff. if by chance you find the 15 year old red label pussers, do yourself a favor and buy a bottle. awesome stuff.

Picked up 2 bottles

Crown royal maple > 2/10
And just plain ol
Crown royal > 11/10

You just cant go wrong with crown.

SHIT TASTE DETECTED

Sorry for not being a hipster faggot.

Crown Royal is shit tier rye whisky.
CC 12 yo small batch is much better

NAFTA didn't save crown royals price
for the price you pay for crown, you could get a bulleit bourbon or a rye based on your ability to slurp fire

op here. dickel 12 is pretty fucking great. gonna buy a bigger bottle next time

Is rebel yell shit? It's cheap as fuck compared to other whiskeys and they have a blend (pic related) and a rye for like $12 at a liquor store I like which is the cheapest where I live. It's not from Kentucky though.

I like it

If you like it, who cares?

oye

Im a big fan of Wild Turkey 101 its my go to drink and I sometimes add just a drizzle of their American Honey to it.

Bullet Rye if you like rye is excellent

It's ok. I've only tried the bourbon and it was kinda light. Green corn husk. sweet. Caramel & butterscotch. Quite drinkable.

yeah, love wild turkey 101 myself. surprised by how good dickel 12yo was. really enjoying it.

Sailor Jerry's is pretty damn good. I recommend it. I drank it straight without much problem.

>not enough vodka left to get me propah shitefaced tonight
>live in Commie Connecticut and can't buy alcohol after 5PM

Try Hendrix gin? Gin made from cucumbers

So glad I live in commiefornia and that I can buy beer in gas stations and hard liquor at what ever time I want

Uncle Val's is Hendrick's but $10 cheaper. It's got that snobby "craft gin" cred too.

Otherwise, get Junipero from Anchor Distilling.

you guys know any good tequilas? is jimador good? it's cheap

I'd like to buy a dutch gin, what would you all choose from the following selection? pic related was okay, but I'm looking to spend up to 35 this time.

drankdozijn.nl/groep/gin?filter=gin,nederland

Bombay
I don't really like gin myself, though.

I have a bottle of Tanqueray. Recs for drinks? Is there any point in getting something more expensive than the bumpy face if I'm gonna mix it with tonic water anyway?

>what you boners drinkin these days?
it's hot, so I'm sticking to my hot weather go-to, the Gin Gimlet:

a double pour or so (I just eyeball it) of Gordon's Gin (by far my favorite gin for mixed drinks; probably the most juniper-forward gin that's widely available)
~1 oz Rose's Sweetened Lime
(optional) 1 dash of any fruity or citrus-loving bitters (so, peychauds or orange bitters, but not angostura or whatever)
serve on lots of rocks. best drunk slowly so the concentration of flavors changes as you drink it.

I also picked up a bottle of Arak (I've been meaning to try it forever) and that's pretty dope too. If you like anise, you'll like Arak, though the lack of sweetness is a little bracing.

As I said Gordon's is the best if you're not making martinis. Don't let its pricetag fool you, it's a great, balanced gin that captures the essence of what makes a london dry; loads of juniper. If you don't like juniper you probably just don't like gin.

I like Leopold's if I'm putting it in a martini or drinking neat; it's got a great, subtle peppery kick and is really quite nice. But too subtle and subdued on the juniper to mix (also, at $40-50 a bottle it'd be a shame to waste it mixing anyway)

I stopped drinking at the point I realize each time I drink I have a manic depressive episode. It's too dangerous because they're becoming less controllable and I don't want me killing myself while irrational.

s e e k h e l p

but seriously you're like 50 steps ahead of the curve if you can recognize something like that and have the willpower to cut that out of your life. Good on you.

>$40-50 a bottle
Holy shit I looked it up and it's gotten much cheaper than I remember, you can get a bottle at $30-ish now.

I might have to start drinking more of my bottle.

this shit is the best gin i've ever had.

>I also picked up a bottle of Arak (I've been meaning to try it forever) and that's pretty dope too. If you like anise, you'll like Arak, though the lack of sweetness is a little bracing.
Convinced myself to do some daytime drinking. Arak does the cool cloudy thing (wikipedia calls it the ouzo effect) where the anethole comes out of solution when you add water because it's water insoluble and alcohol soluble. It's a bit of a gimmick but it's still pretty cool, it has a sort of ethereal quality that you don't really capture on camera. Looks almost glow-in-the-dark or something.

Great hot-weather drink, and it makes for a very reasonable daytime drink because you can dilute it all the way down past 10% and still get a flavorful drink.

Try some cruzan 9 spice its gonna be a little more but i think its way better. Not as expensive as captain morgan private stock but just as flavorful imo.

>mfw I live in Vegas
>tons of cheap liquor at every corner
>tons of bars at every corner
>still doesn't change the fact this place is still a shithole

wew

Fucking love this one. Just right amount of sweetnes. Hints of citrus, vanilla and spices. For relatively little money, cognac wise, it's truly awesome.

Captain Morgan's mainline product is pretty bad, but some of their "premium" products are good.

I had this, and it was pleasantly spiced and not harsh, unlike their basic stuff, if not ultra complex.

i dunno what it is with capn. every single one i've tried, i've had to give away to friends, because the stuff was awful. they all have this sickly vanilla taste to em.

white, black, 40% 50% private stock. awful

Yeah, they like vanilla a lot.

My stash consists of (tastiest to least recommendable)

>The Macallan 25
>The Macallan 18
>Glenmorangie Signet
>The Balvenie 15
>The Macallan 12
>Glenfarclas 105
>Aberlour A'bunadh
>Glenmorangie 12 Lasanta
>Glenmorangie 12 Quinta Ruban
>Hibiki Harmony
>The Macallan Fine Oak 10
>Single Track Spirits Wheat Whisky

Thanks. I'll give that a try this weekend.

That was outta stock when I just made a new acquisition. I opted for the last Balvenie 15 sherry in consolation.

Is it really that nice?

If you're drinking non-bourbon whiskey, you're not drinking whiskey at all. Fuck that Tennessee piss, fuck sake and fuck most Irish whiskey's too. If it's not from Kentucky it's probably not good whiskey. Fuck anyone who has other opinions. Buffalo Trace is god.

what the fuck, I wish they sold this 46% stuff here in aus. Why would it be different in different countries?? Over here its 40% for all the spiced rums I drink (Sailor jerries, kraken, etc.)

>Commie Connecticut

Only ever had this with ginger ale, was fucking good though, what else is it good with?

bombay is not on that list mate

Alcohol is objectively for beta cucks and if you drink any kind of it you should neck yourself.

My local Tesco has started selling a slightly bigger range of American stuff:

>Bulleit rye, £25 (really like the regular stuff)
>Eagle rare 10 £32
>Jim Beam double oak £25

Any of these worth getting? Thinking about the rye, love the normal stuff so I figured that would be nice

>>Bulleit rye, £25 (really like the regular stuff)
Great. Better than their bourbon. Don't bother with the 10 year if you see it.
>>Eagle rare 10 £32
I dunno if it's worth it at that price but Eagle Rare is a solid everyday contender. I usually have a bottle of it on hand and, whenever I can spot the Antique Collection for sale, I try to pick up both the Stagg and the Eagle Rare 17.

bulleit rye is great. for that price, not bad at all.

eagle rare is a bit overpriced. as is the jim beam i'd say.

i used to pick up eagle rare a lot, but it was also like 7 or 8$ cheaper back then.

ralfy reviews some american stuff on his youtube channel. that may help you out

Thanks guys, picked up a bottle tonight. Got another bottle of Makers as well as Costco are selling it for £22.

Tried buffalo trace a couple of weeks ago and it is good, prefer bullet though. Jim beam white is also surprisingly good for £12 a bottle which is about as cheap as spirit gets here.

>good shit, it's really sweet.
That'll be the Bourbon cask maturing. Look for sherried whiskeys if you like that. Speyside stuff is great. Glenfiddich 15 is one of the best bangs for your buck. Amazing stuff.
>Mostly just had plain though one time I mixed it with iced coffee and it was great
Jesus. Don't waste 12 yr old whiskey mixing it. Go buy some Johnnie Walker Red for that.

Bought my first bottle of this last weekend. Drank nearly the whole thing over two nights. Here was my preferred cocktail:

>1 big part campari
>1-2 big parts gin
>1/2 to 3/4 of a lemon squeezed
>2 or 3 grapefruit slices on top to bring out more citrus

Jesus, I loved it. Amazing stuff. A wonderful bitterness that I've wanted from a liquor. I had no vermouth to make negronis, but I don't like vermouth anyway and I don't like sweet drinks or remotely sweet drinks. Bitter and sour is much more my thing.

Shocked to find out this stuff is €25 per bottle in my home country. Bought it for €10, and after having it, felt like it could be one of my main drinks for the rest of my life. €25 is steep, though. I could get a decent bottle of Whiskey in my home country for that price.

>grapefruit slices
I meant a shaving of the zest. Froget what it's called. Anyway, it looked messy -- no bartender would make it, but I wanted a lot of zest up the nose when I was drinking it. Wonderful stuff.

What's the best cheap rye whiskey?

I'm talking like 10-15$ a fifth.

A little sweet but nice for manhattans.

This guy knows watsup. but i'll add

>Belle Meade
My favorite, vanilla and oaky, some spice

>jefferson's ocean aged
delicious, overly priced, they have other bourbons also

>four roses small batch
good for the price, good standard bourbon

>makers mark
its aighht