Paradox

Just heard of this today, let's see what Veeky Forums thinks:

If you choose an answer to this question at random, what is the chance you will be correct?

A) 25%
B) 50%
C) 60%
D) 25%

0%, but it isn't listed.

Think outside the answer box, fuckhead.

random? isn't it 25%?

It's 50%. Either you are correct or you aren't.

Oh look, it's this thread again.

>C) 60%

You fucked it up, idiot. This option is supposed to be 0%. Pfft, brainlet.

OP here; this was how it was presented to me

>assuming: the question given has anything to answer
>assuming: the question given refers to a random 4 choice question

not A&D because they are the same answer and "choose AN answer" implies you can only choose one choice (A OR D would be correct otherwise). this leaves you with %50 and %60 as the only viable choices. so %50 is correct I guess since the question only has 2 viable choices.

what question?

The answer is 0%.

The task implies that the answer to the question equals the chance of choosing the correct option (itself).
i.e. answer = prob of choosing that answer

If A/D is the correct answer:
The chance of choosing A or D is 50%. Since the chance of choosing the right answer is not equal to the answer this can not be the answer.

If B is the correct answer:
The chance of choosing B is 25%. Since 25% =/= 50%, this is not the right answer.
Same goes for C.

Since neither A,B,C or D is correct, therefore the chance of choosing the correct answer is 0%.

An easier version would be:
A) 25%
B) 50%
C) 60%
D) 0%

If A is correct:
A = prob(A)
25%=25% is True
This is an answer.

If B is correct:
B = prob(B)
50% = 25% is False
This is not an answer
Same goes for C and D.

How many apples are there in a banana?
A) Orange
B) Green
C) Blueberry
Pineapple) D

I choose Pineapple if D = NaN.

this make no sense

There is no answer. It's circular logic. The chance of getting the right answer depends on the answer, which in turn depends on the chance of getting to right answer.

highschoolers

summerfag

lets check the possibilities , if i assume equal probability in choosing any of the 4 options :
answer = p(answer)

25% != p(25%)=1/2
50% !=p(50%)=1/4
60% !=p(60%)=1/4
25% != p(25%)=1/2

none of the answers equal their probabilities at random therefor none of them answer the question .also where's the paradox ? this is equivalent to asking:
1+1=
A)1
B)3
C)99
D) 14

no its not . its a simple condition that the answer has to satisfy , just like any question where you have to choose an answer out of some possibilities .
the condition is that the probability listed int he answer must be the same as the probability of choosing an answer with that probability at random .

since the change of choosing anything at random out of 4 is 1/4 and none of the answers have both the probability of choosing them and their value as 1/4 none of them apply .

undergrad retard

anyone answering op seriously is a highschooler or undergrad retard

this makes no sense

If you roll a dice. What's the chance you wiil be correct
1/6
0%
Op is a faggot

this

what exactly is the inconsistency ?, theres two conditions :
1)the value of the answer must be 25% since its the random chance to choose an answer out of 4 .
2)the value of the answer should be the chance to choose an answer with that value.

B and C satisfy neither condition
A and D satisfy condition 1 but not condition 2

therefore none of the answers are correct .and this does not fit the definition of a paradox .

What is 1+1?
A) 0
B) 1
C) 3
D) 4

LOL EPIC PARADOX XD

Take your pedophile cartoons back to .

baby's first self-reference problem

this is really making me laugh for some reason

>If you choose an answer to this question at random, what is the chance you will be correct?
Ok i will choose an answer to this question at random now: FLOPDERP.

Is FLOPDERP. correct? I dont know. No one has the answer. Also the odds of choosing FLOPDERP. are 0% because there are indefinitely more answers that I could have chosen.

Oh wait there is also A - D ? Wait A - D also has values? Wait these values are percentages? Now you're really trying to fuck with me OP.

So you don't actually want me to choose an answer at random, you want me to pick between A - D at random? Alright! I pick... C! Phew. That wasn't too hard. I believe the odds of me picking C were exactly 25%, were they not?

Wait... C's value of 60% is now supposed to be the answer all out of the sudden? No, no, no. The answer I have given is C, not 60%. Wait you don't care about what I do and want to force that 60% on me? Fuck you, OP!

Alrighty then. Let's make it 60% then. That's my final answer. The odds of choosing an answer to this question at random is 60%.

If the answer to your question is 25% (I'm a bit confused as to what the question itself its), then the answer can be A or D which has a 50% chance of being picked. So the answer is 50%

Or if you say that it has to be both A and D for whatever reason than the answer is 0% because you can't pick both.

Not enough information. You haven't ascribed probabilities to each answer.

u retarded?

>2 different answers with the same content

Is this even allowed? Shouldn't answers be a set?

compare ? what ? no matching result => error !

try again or exit and forget ?

if you search for the answer there are 2 answers ..

first, the chance to pick 1 of 4 choices
secound, the chance to get an answer (yes/no)

try this matrix .. (1 2 3 4) (1 0)