Who here pays it forward at drive thrus or has had someone do it for them? We need more of this in the world

Who here pays it forward at drive thrus or has had someone do it for them? We need more of this in the world.

I've done both. It's always an awesome surprise when someone does it for you though.

Nobody cares about me

>when you break the chain

I've had it happen to me once. I didn't know I was supposed to keep it going, lol.

I've called a venue to say that I couldn't make it to a show and asked them to give my ticket away for free to someone that wanted to go.

>pay it forward with diabetes, hypertension, and obesity

N-nice?

This happened to me when I was at Starbucks so I gave 5 to the car behind me. Their total was more than 5 but I couldn't pay for their entire order. Never had it happen to me anywhere else.

>someone pays for my "wow maybe I'll pay for the guy behind me :^)"
>lardass orders $15 worth of fast food

Why would I do this?

Because you can, or you have the money, or you feel like being nice to a stranger. There's no rules. You don't have to pay for anyone else's food. It's just a cool thing when it happens to you.

This is the most American thing I've heard of

i attempted to do this once at a toll both. the woman got mad at me and the car behind me turned out to be drunk teenagers in a bmw.

i'll never do it again.

>We need more of this in the world.

nobody is stopping you from having a fart-huffing potluck dinner

Just give them a 5 dollar bill for the next person, that way they can pocket it themselves because fast food is a soul crushing job

I had never heard of this until a couple years ago. I was grabbing some McD's breakfast for a hangover and I drive up to the window to pay and the woman tells me the car in front of me paid for me. I just sort of stared at her like "excuse me, what?" I ended up asking her why, didn't get an answer. I was like, well, okay, that's kinda weird but whatever.

What do you tip other customers, I usually go 20%

This idea is stupid, and it's a pain in the ass for everyone involved. Just keep the line moving. The cashier doesn't need to hold onto your shitty non-payment money, and no one needs to be told that some asshole gave you charity like you can't afford your shitty breakfast sandwich. Go fuck yourself. The only time I will do anything remotely like this is if I'm waiting in line behind someone and they come up a few bucks short. Or they can't find their discount data-mining card or whatever. Then it's a matter of getting you the fuck out of my way so I can go on with my day.

I'm probably close to that. I don't figure out percentage unless I'm eating with someone else. I usually just leave the waiter/tress a five when I'm eating by myself.

I've paid for others meals a few times. Especially if it's a military personnel in uniform. Whenever I pay, if they are still at their table I'll pay for their meals too and just leave.

Except that it originated in Italy. Naples, to be exact.

Super common in Naples and not unheard of in the rest of the country. So yes. Yes I have.
I was surprised to learn that it's not more common outside of our borders.
We call it 'waiting coffee' (caffè sospeso).

I paid it forward for a homeless man once but he spilled his drink!

>Be at resturant
>Enjoying my self with my wife and her son
>Some gentleman walks up to me, dressed in what appears to be his fathers sunday best
>hands me 8 dollars and tells me to pay it forward
>my wife starts crying as her child unhooks her bra and undoes her top
>i drop to my knees and began undoing the man's zipper
>her son asserts himself as the real super power and begins helping himself to my wifes breasts
>i began helping my self to this generous man's penis

Agreed.

I've never had a white person pay it forward for me. It's always been a nice black or latino person.

His face when.

>implying the black person's money wasn't 'redistributed' (taken) from a hard working white guy

That's fucked up

Racist bigot

White people have the biggest persecution complex lmao

Used to pay the toll at the Carquinez bridge in the Bay Area all the time. We paid one time and theses guys chased us down, motioned to get off at the next exit. We did, and as we were smoking a joint with them two patrol cars pull up. Fuck!

>some asshole gave you charity like you can't afford your shitty breakfast sandwich.

It has nothing to do with charity or someone thinking you can't afford your food. It's a random act of kindness. You don't have to like it or do it but the people that have had this happen to them are generally appreciative it and don't think 'fuck that asshole that paid for my food and made me wait an extra 45 seconds. Get fucked.'