everyone knows its the least crucial part of the recipe

i like delverde but who knows if its actually better

it's either the cheapest or de cecco

gaggli is nice too

barilla since they hate gays

this

>brand
No idea senpai
I usually use the cheap stuff. But will buy stuff that uses a bronze die if I see it.
It's supposed to hold a sauce better, but I'm not sure if it does. But it makes me feel fancy.

de cecco

This

4th

I hide my drugs in the pantry, behind a box of this.

Barilla

Sprouts brand 2bh, it's super cheap and is probably made by barilla or delverde

each "brand" is all the same pasta same ingredients just different boxes. i worked in a pasta factory

this is not true.

So, does pasta brand actually matter? Is there a difference between cheap as fuck spaghetti and the 'luxury' brand?

Not after opinions here.

Doesn't matter when your talking about dry pasta, just pick up something with an Italian name.
Freshness, date of manufacture is most important with dry pasta. Lots of people let it sit around for years and years. What really pisses me off is when grandma takes it out of the bag and puts it in the decorative jar on the shelf. That shit is guaranteed to be at least 20 years old. Pic related, don't fucking do this. Buy it, and use it, its not for decades long storage in humid, stinky kitchen air.
You should already know this, but ALWAYS avoid anything that says "gluten free" or "whole wheat". That's not even pasta anymore.

semi-related question

I live in a really humid area and I've had multiple encounters with bugs in my dry pasta, so I've been taking to keeping my dry pasta in the fridge. Does this actually do anything? I haven't noticed a difference and I'm wondering if it's because I have a shit palate.

Don't worry most of Veeky Forums has shit tastes. You can tell from the posts in this thread. Basically, dried pasta tastes different for a couple of reasons. First, different manufacturers dry their pasta differently. Ever wonder why brand A and Brand X have different cooking times? Slower dried pasta tastes better.
Second, the better brands use brass dies when forming the pasta. These dies leave the pasta feeling rough not smooth which allows the sauce to stick to the pasta. Buy two brands of pasta and you see the difference in this texture. First buy a brand of de cecco and then buy some creamette or 10/$10 brand; you'll see a huge difference. The most important thing about pasta is to cook it according to package in a 2% salt solution. Never do that "Make the water taste like the ocean" bullshit. It is too salty.

Oh I forgot to mention your bug problem. I've never heard of that. But your fridge has a very high humidity which isn't good for dried items, but if you eat the pasta quickly it shouldn't be a problem. You shouldn't have to keep pasta in the fridge to keep bugs from growing in pasta. Buy a different brand.

I'd actually reccomend you to do something like this: If you have good, airtight containers, no bugs should get in, and no humindity (though, you will lock in your ambient humidity).