Homosexuality

Is homosexuality a mental illness or is it normal?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prenatal_hormones_and_sexual_orientation)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Enough with the /pol/shit
this is right on top of a tranny thread

I don't want any /pol/ shit, I'm just curious

Neither. It's sexual preferences

this

jesus christ, this isn't /b/ where you create threads every second. If there's a relevant thread in the catalog, use that, don't spam new threads with nearly the same subject.

Both. There are interesting, but inconclusive studies of "gay brains" vs normal brains that indicates that there is a development issue with some homosexuals relating to the structure and how it resembles the opposite sex. However, this is not true in enough cases for it to be an effective theory.

Evolutionarily speaking, homosexuality brings no benefit to survival and breeding, and could be considered a dead end genetic mutation, if such a mutated gene exists at all. The "gay gene" is still contested.

It's a mental illness but what are you going to do

>another they are born that way argument
No. Homosexuality is the social construct

I would give my life for the /pol/ fatherland

I'm making no such argument. Any studies on homosexuality are inconclusive, which I already stated.

Mental illness

bisexual man here

>fucked 11 women
>oral sex with 3 men
> 4, 1+ year relationships with women
>1 6 month relationship with man

it's a fetish for cocks and a mental illness to indulge in cock seeking behaviour

ill add that for the pragmatially minded, being with a guy can be awesome. here's a list of things I do with him

>drugs
>play videogames
>brojobs whenever
>netflix
>go to gym

we never kissed so it's not actually gay. also we even double teamed this bitch (female )once lmao

so cash

like sounds nice except for the part where your sucking dick...

It's a fetish, like sucking toes.

its caused by an imbalance of hormones during birth (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prenatal_hormones_and_sexual_orientation) whether or not that classifies as an illness is up to interpretation but that being said they are not harming anybody so why should you have a problem with them?

>another they are born that way argument

they were quite literally born that way though, like they actually got exposed to too much estrogen while their brains were developing. This is Veeky Forums where you are supposed to look at the facts and ignore the "muh feelings" bullshit

>they
who's they?
every homosexual was exposed to estrogen? none of them just chose they feel pleasure from dick? hard to believe you without any "facts" buddy

>waah accepted science disagrees with my emotional opinion and i have nothing to contribute but tears

>who is they
homosexuals. pay attention please you are embarrassing yourself.

>An endocrinology study by Garcia-Falgueras and Swaab postulated that "In humans, the main mechanism responsible of [sic] sexual identity and orientation involves a direct effect of testosterone on the developing brain."[1]:25 Further, their study puts forward that intrauterine exposure to hormones is largely determinative. Sketching the argument briefly here, the authors say that sexual organs are differentiated first, and then the brain is sexually differentiated "under the influence, mainly, of sex hormones such as testosterone, estrogen and progesterone on the developing brain cells and under the presence of different genes as well . . . . The changes brought about in this stage are permanent. . . . [S]exual differentiation of the brain is not caused by hormones alone, even though they are very important for gender identity and sexual orientation."[1]:24

Its obviously not scientific fact and is impossible to prove but the evidence points to this end. Its kind of like global warming deniers who remain willfully ignorant because they refuse to see overwhelming evidence contrary to their belief.

>The hormonal theory of sexuality
Sexuality is the social construct.

you're a fucking idiot. there's a huge fucking leap from
>hormones have an effect on the brain
to
>every homosexual is so because they can't help it, their brain's hard-wired for it

and what "who's they?" means you haven't tested every single one of them to assert this retarded, incredibly strong statement

the fact of the matter is there's a big mass of trend faggots that like dick because it's cool now

>every homosexual is so because they cant help it
was said literally nowhere. You are drawing your own conclusions without seeing trends and ignoring peer reviewed papers

>the fact of the matter is there's a big mass of trend faggots that like dick because it's cool now
you see this is where you are bringing the "muh feelings" into the argument. You are no different than SJWs, creation scientists, or evolution skeptics who dont think rationally and allow their personal beliefs to cloud their understanding of the world. You are nothing but a brainlet who made made a thread on Veeky Forums in a desperate attempt to find some validation for your own stupidity.

I would strongly consider stopping before you fall further behind

It's easy to think that you are born as homosexual because you don't take the responsibility. But the truth is that being homosexual is your own choice.
Homosexuals choose to have sex with males and choose to not have it with females.

>the fact of the matter is there's a big mass of trend faggots that like dick because it's cool now
Here is where you destroy any argument you may have had. Keep your political bullshit out of science

Homosexuality is a mental illness because it gives men the mental feedback when pounding an anus that they should instead be getting from impregnating a woman. Thus it falls under delusion. Also gay men are more likely to be pedophiles and children can't reproduce either, further corroborating how being gay is a mental malfunction.

Its easy to think so because its an explanation that makes sense in the concept of modern biology and also historically where homosexuals have existed in societies where it was vilified to the point where you would be killed for it. If people are only gay today because society accepts them then why do they still crop up in middle eastern and african countries only to be hated by your neighbors and killed because of it. Its a fact that sex hormones determine the development of the body during development so why do you believe its such a long shot to affect the brain as well?

> using a condom is a mental illness

I tend to believe people are born gay but there's one obvious place where men choose it - prison. And if it's a choice in one place, surely it can be a choice in others

>inb4 rape happens but not as common as portrayed most prisons have a few 'gals'

>claim "they" are like this because of hormones
>when asked who's "they", say homosexuals
>who said this? no one said this!

the fact of the matter is there's a big mass of trend faggots that like dick because it's cool now

it's fact. the fact that there exist homosexuals that choose to be so shouldn't be surprising to you. a sweeping statement like "no homosexual chose to be so" is ridiculous.

They aren't more likely to be pedophiles, gays literally are pedophiles. The pro-gay movement only stopped only supporting pedophilia when it became so vilified in the 70s. Groups like NAMBLA are still around and promote abuse of little boys.

We should be imprisoning gays. Maybe even forcing them to undergo surgery (closing the anus, penectomy, etc) to prevent them from spreading HIV and messing with kids.

so is jerking it or getting a blowjob from a women

Being attracted to someone requires training. The end result is a conditioned reflex.

For example. We find that women breast is attractive = result of training. Niggers from Africa not found the breast as attractive.

So leave your tales about biological basis of homosexualy to kids whose brains you washed with your propaganda.

Yep, bjs and wanking and condoms are disconnecting your knowledge that you aren't reproducing from your nervous system's reactions to it thinking that you are reproducing. This disconnect is a mental deficiency that grows the more you abuse it.

>its another /pol/ gets mad when science shows him wrong thread
its quite entertaining reading these posts and picturing some frustrated uninformed autist furiously typing on his keyboard when shown evidence that goes against his feelings

there are far more observable evidence and treands pointing towards a primarily biological role in the determination of sexual orientation than a social one. To say that its ALL one thing or the other is obviously not right but shit like
is obviously not measurable or even rational and believing so is bringing in your feelings and opinions where they are not needed or welcome. You came to the wrong board if you were looking to preach your opinions as fact without evidence to back them up

as a gay man, I would really like to fucking know when I made the choice to find men attractive and not women

go fuck yourself dude, when did you make the choice to fuck women and not men?

>when did you make the choice to fuck women and not men?

when I put my penis in a woman's vagina instead of a man's butthole

>it's another muh /pol/ boogeyman thread
Veeky Forums is one of the last places where people can discuss stuff like this without risking social ostracization. Let people speak

Does it matter? And how would you tell the difference? And how would you define the difference?

Is it a mental illness, or is it normal for a girl to like anal?

and when were you trained to be attracted to women?
when were gays trained to be attracted to men?
sure, it isn't all biological and I am sure there is some societal component to sexuality, but to say there is absolutely no basis in biology is wrong
also, finding certain physical features attractive =/= finding a certain sex attractive

>Is it a mental illness, or is it normal for a girl to like anal?

def a mental illness. anal sex leads nothing to reproduction, unless she's adapted for the possibility of cum leaking out her ass and into her vagina I guess

>does it matter
Promoting a mental illness would be morally wrong so yes it does matter

How can anyone say being gay is a mental illness or detrimental when plenty of animals have homosex and have got along just fine? Even if it is a defect, I hardly see it having an effect on Bonobos, for example. They are degenerate by any standard we know, homosexuality, pedofilia, orgies, incest, and so on, and in fact have better life expectancies than their chimpanzee cousins who don't. Indeed left handedness is also linked to homosexuality so are all left handed people mentally ill too?

>How can anyone say being gay is a mental illness or detrimental when plenty of animals have homosex and have got along just fine?

Because they're animals and would eat their own children if it was pleasurable to them (indeed many animals do)

No, you did that *because* you had a pre-existing attraction to the woman. God, why am I even replying? It's like talking to brick wall

>>does it matter
>Promoting a mental illness would be morally wrong so yes it does matter
Why?

I'm predicting an incoming "all women hate anal and experience pain in all situations, it's a scientific fact, look it up."

>No, you did that *because* you had a pre-existing attraction to the woman.

No I did it to make babies with the woman, which scientifically is why humans evolved sexual organs

>masturbating leads nothing to reproduction
>blowjobs leads nothing to reproduction
>muh 2D tentacles lollis leads nothing to reproduction
wow, looks like we all have a lot of mental illnesses

What? No. That's part of my point.

>>masturbating leads nothing to reproduction
>>blowjobs leads nothing to reproduction
>>muh 2D tentacles lollis leads nothing to reproduction
>wow, looks like we all have a lot of mental illnesses

Yeah, this is why I stick to SFW boards

there is a big difference between rationally discussing a viewpoint and viewing scientific evidence only to reject it in favor of your personal opinion while going on an autistic rant.

Its been made clear that the OP was not looking for a scientific discussion when he made this thread and just wants to spew nonsense that only shows just how uneducated and right-brained he is

This is why nobody likes /pol/. They refuse to actually talk about topics rationally, refuse to consider opposing viewpoints, and allow feelings to cloud their judgement; they are literally Tumblr with different political views. And before you try to imply otherwise I hold right winged political views and even agree with most of the things that /pol/ says but if you expect people to take you or your views seriously you must learn to discuss and defend them properly

and why did you get erect? were you like
>"FUCK YEA GONNA MAKE SOME MORE HUMANS"
cause if so, then you should probably seek help

>there is a big difference between rationally discussing a viewpoint and viewing scientific evidence only to reject it in favor of your personal opinion while going on an autistic rant.

It works. Autistic rants without scientific backing got homosexuality removed from APA's mental illness list. Some autistic ranters are trying to do the same thing with gender dysphoria today. Most scientists just ignore these childish rants

>and why did you get erect? were you like
>>"FUCK YEA GONNA MAKE SOME MORE HUMANS"
>cause if so, then you should probably seek help

Why? If you want to have children then having sex with a woman is the only way to do it and the only purpose of sexual attraction to begin with.

But Bonobos are totally peaceful and don't ever use violence. They use sex to solve conflict. Many intelligent animals have sex for pleasure, as do humans. It's a common trait in intelligent animals. And while baby-eating is detrimental to the species, homosexuality is not since many "gay" animal couples end up with one of the partner's kids. Infanticide is hardly equivalent to a potentially beneficial of social species

>But Bonobos are totally peaceful and don't ever use violence.
They also play with feces.

>And while baby-eating is detrimental to the species, homosexuality is not since many "gay" animal couples end up with one of the partner's kids. Infanticide is hardly equivalent to a potentially beneficial of social species

>homosexuality is not since many "gay" animal couples end up with one of the partner's kids.

what does this mean, where did the kids come from?

you can make sweeping statements and whenever someone else makes a much weaker one, you go all "oh you can't prove that!"

you're a dishonest piece of shit

>mfw reading thsi thread

except the statement
has absolutely no basis in reality, please, show me some examples
meanwhile, a simple google search can reveal articles upon articles on the biological influences of sexuality
you're the dishonest piece of shit by equating those statements

You misunderstood. I was basically agreeing with you and presenting a slightly-less-memey "inb4". I'm just frustrated with embarrassingly empty arguments that seem to make up 30-50% of posts, time to take a break from Veeky Forums.

My point with Bonobos is that they have extreme deviant tendencies and are more successful and less violent than Chimps.
And gay couples in the wild or in captivity often form after one straight couples partner dies, and a surrogate steps in and helps raise the chick, perhaps because it lost its own partner or didn't mate. Or in case of Bonobos the children are raised communally. Sex is shared among all members. They are not gay or straight, they just fuck everyone.

lack of a good role model + media brainwashing = homosexuality

why can't it be both genetic and a social construct you black pieces of fucking shit

OP's question is loaded. It assumes it has to be one or the other. Stop trying to define things in limited terms, describe it using accurate language that properly represents what it is. Fucking humans.

Homosexuality is a sexual orientation.

If you're asking is it "normal" then yes. Where I live I encounter homosexuals quite frequently, it's also common in nature in various animal groups, as well as throughout human history.

If you're asking if it's a mental illness, what would that constitute? If it's an illness does it require treatment? Lots of homosexuals live perfectly normal lives compared to straight people, so it doesn't appear that it requires treatment. It's certainly not fatal and doesn't limit their personal health or freedom.

To summarize, homosexuality is:
Indeed normal.
Not a mental illness.

/thread

Mmm. Sorry. Thanks.

>fucking a woman who noticed you for something else than procreation is perfectly fine and meritorious

found the 20yo hedonist

>mental illness is the antonym of meritorious

Has anyone ever done research regarding correlation between homosexuality and psychopathy?

this

If homosexuality is from opposite hormone imbalance in the womb, then why are there lesbians?

It makes sense that there would be more estrogen in a pregnant mom for a male child to absorb, but unless the pregnant mom is getting fucked constantly by a guy there probably isn't that much testosterone floating around.

>Evolutionarily speaking, homosexuality brings no benefit to survival and breeding, and could be considered a dead end genetic mutation, if such a mutated gene exists at all. The "gay gene" is still contested.

And you were doing so well.

Kin selection.

Misfiring gene that provides benefits in other cases. I.E. sickle cell trait and malaria resistance.

reason I'm not in pol is because they dont know shit about science
I need a real explanation and opinions of sci

Are you suggesting a gay gene serves a purpose in removing homosexuality?

You don't understand the biology. You seem to have the misconception that females only have estrogen and males only have testosterone. Males and Females both make androgens (testosterone) and estrogens. Women do not get testosterone from having sex with men.

During development the default state is female(because of the X chromosome). Masculine features are developed when exposed to androgens. The same happens in the brain. Lesbians may be the result when genetic females are exposed to higher amounts of androgens.

fuck off back to tumblr retard

No, you don't understand what's going here. You are the one who's in the wrong place here, not anyone else. You are not welcome.

Therefore you are the one who needs to fuck off, back to .
See how that logic works?

no I don't. This isn't /lgbt/, this is science. You speak for nobody but your loser ass and you belong to This is a science board, either make sure your replies contain scientific input or fuck off back to your containment board.
/lgbt is not Veeky Forums so fuck off already

Yeah ok buddy. You made your point.

Seriously, though . There's no science here, there's no discussion. This isn't about /lgbt/ and it ain't about tumbr. All of that is a distraction from the only point that needs to be made here, which is that you are not welcome on this board.

I know it makes you angry to be told to get back in your box. It would anger me too, but that's just the way it is. We made /pol/ for you to drool in, and that's where you need to go back to now.

. Do you see?

> lgbtard is trying to speak on behalf of Veeky Forums
Please stop. this is getting embarrassing.
It's clear in the rules that all discussion relating lgbt should be contained in /lgbt/
So fuck off back and stay there. This is Veeky Forums, not /lgbt/

The thing is I know for a FACT that I do speak for the real Veeky Forums folk here, and nothing you can say is going to change that. For some reason they aren't speaking up for themselves, probably because there is so MUCH of your shit overrunning this board lately that most of them have probably just given up. It's kinda sad, but not really I mean, it's all Veeky Forums right so who really gives a shit?

I'll tell where you can stick your 'discussion' though.

I know it's hard for your tiny brain to comprehend, but Veeky Forums is NOT /lgbt/. You would know this if you were an actual Veeky Forumstizen, not not a /lgbt/ shitter.

You won't get the same support you get from your home board /lgbt/, for the very reason that this board is NOT /lgbt/ And your typical resort to shift blame to pol as if everyone else has an obligation to suffer your irrelevant /lgbt/ shitposting, just makes you on par with SJWtard invaders that constantly shit on every single thread on Veeky Forums. I thought you guys were better than that, but apparently you aren't.

Now remain in for your /lgbt/ crap and don't visit any other science board ever again.

I think I've said all I have to say. I'll leave the rest for the reader to decide.

for realsies, though.

back to your containment board

No, really, please get your hateful and bigotted ass back to