Rare chicken?

Rare chicken?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eO6e5k6Vvnc?t=4m3s
cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/diet/cooked-meats-fact-sheet
thehungrybelgian.com/2013/07/09/belgo-american-beef-tartare/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuck anything raw

No thanks dude. Only way that'd even get on my plate is if it was deep frozen to kill bacteria first, but even then, fuck it.

youtu.be/eO6e5k6Vvnc?t=4m3s

So juicy.

it's desu the only way to cook it

Chicken's pretty common where I live.

yes, any harmful pathogens are found on the outside of the flesh, not deep inside the muscle

there is literally nothing wrong with rare poultry. I normally cook it to medium

Unless it's from a chicken I raised and strangled myself, hell no.

But that's fucking retarded, user

i'm good

Duck, pheasant, squab and goose all get served up pink styles and it is supposedly good. But undercooked chicken?

Never my bro

it's how I eat my chicken (but not quite as rare as OP pic) and I've never been sick from it

nah man, that's not right

aside from the hygiene issues, it just doesn't have the kind of texture that is enjoyable raw like fish or beef

Enjoy your salmonella

never. chicken breast tastes bad, I don't eat it anyway, raw or in whatever other form.

enjoy your salmonella retard

freezing doesn't kill bacteria it only makes them hybernate

When you get little Timmy home from soccer practice look up 'sashimi'.
Also don't text and drive.

Tastes absolutely disgusting, has texture of crunchy rubber plus the risk of getting salmo. I'll pass.

*hibernate
Sorry, I was being a retard.

look, nobody is saying a few bacteria will kill you
if you want to eat raw chicken because you want to feel smug about the superior one mirrion forded japanese cuisine, be my guest
as long as the animal wasn't diseased or covered in feces, you are perfectly safe

but freezing doesn't, in fact, kill the bacteria

triggered

Yeah, look, I fucked up and was thinking of parasites (which do die when frozen) instead of bacteria.

Sorry about that.

>someone apologizing on Veeky Forums for being wrong
What the fuck

this is a nice board for nice people

I like my chicken dry

No different than uncooked beef.

You cu/ck/s generally hate it when your beef is fully cooked (well done), so I would have thought that the feeling is the same with chicken.

then keep eating raw chicken, you dumb faggot.

he's a living meme

Chicken is not the same density as beef - it's easier for bacteria to get deep into the flesh instead of sitting on the surface, that's why it has to be cooked through.

but anything but properly cooked chicken is fucking gross to taste and feel on the tongue. Overcooked is dry and terrible, undercooked feels like you're licking a live snail.

No thank you, I prefer to cook my food.

>that's why it has to be cooked through, and beef doesn't.
>implying parasites don't exist.
wew lad...

>Overcooked is dry and terrible
that's just your opinion. I call overcooked fully cooked because it actually is...

Where are you buying your parasite-ridden beef, user?

>I call overcooked fully cooked because it actually is...

Welp, this is obviously just a troll thread. Ciao.

I wish I could ban this stupid thread.

Sageh.

Tell me how you manage to cook chicken such that it's internal temp reaches 165, and not have it be actually cooked.

Stores.

Why would you risk it when you could just actually cook your food?

165 is properly cooked, you fucking mong.

That's my point.

>I don't know who's trolling who anymore.jpg

>eats well-done beef and raw chicken

You're a drooling retard - Gotcha.

You don't understand.

I eat well done beef and properly cooked chicken because I like my food actually cooked.

dude is straight up learning disabled.

He got worksheets at school, and in the line where you put your name, he wrote "Yes".

Yes

This. Steak that isn't fully done has a nuce texture.

Chicken that isn't just reminds you you're consuming the down syndrome of the bird world.

You cook beef to 135 seared and chicken to 165. There's just no fucking around on these points.

>You cook beef to 135 seared
You cook beef until there is no pink and the deepest part has reached at least 160.

Not him, not them, not anyone else ITT.

Ur a fagit. Die.

>Die.
Naw, I'm good with cooking my food.

Thank you for the suggestion though.

obsessive emotional disorders causes extremes of paranoia. excessive hand washing, extreme fears of 'germs' and the inherent need to cook everything to cancer causing levels of meat doneness.

This is not normal, enjoyable or good for you.

>cooked meat is a carcinogen meme
wew lad...
Those are quite the mental gymnastics just to nibble on some raw meat.

anyhoo, I'm done giving you a pretend friend for the night. Do whatever you want with your diet.

protip: your guests hate you

>implying he has guests, ever

So when you shitpost it's cool, but when I return the favor it's wrong and means I have no friends...
Are you sure that's the standard you want to set?

>well researched and well understood mechanism linking well done meat to higher risks of cancer
>meme
cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/diet/cooked-meats-fact-sheet

You are hilarious user. You are wrong. Don't know about your social condition though, but I would probably think that other user is right. You seem insufferable.

Yeah I can't play anymore with the subject. Whether he's autistic or playing autistic I have to get some sleep. Don't fuck around here too long for your own sanity.

Who cares about cancer when breathing and sunlight aldo give you cancer?
Who cares if something is cancerous when consumed in impossible quantities?
You're a cuck, the risk is either negligible or non-existent.

>responds to peer reviewed research by accusing someone of being a cuck

I can see we are in the presence of greatness here.

The risk exists. It is not negligible. And like all risk, a grownup manages it.

Also, overcooked meat is fucking disgusting.

But hey, keep torturing yourself with dry and cancerous meat to engage in some sense of contrary superiority because apparently incinerating it is cooking it if you want. Your masochism is none of my business...

Good rule of thumb is anyone who types "cuck" is a child and you shouldn't argue with them. Ever. They're either trolls, children, or emotionally disturbed.

>>responds to peer reviewed research by accusing someone of being a cuck
I actually called user a cuck because he ignored the part were the correlation was a result of an impossibly large quantity of the carcinogen in the diet of rats.
And also that it implied that the correlation within humans is heavily dependent upon genetic factors.

>tl;dr
Almost everything is a carcinogen if you increase its concentration a few thousand times above normal levels.
We've been cooking meat for long enough and from an early enough age that it's a non issue and selection shadow isn't a valid explanation. Life is cancer, and eating is a part of life.

do places actually serve chicken uncooked? what's the appeal? I'm genuinely curious, I've gone my whole life being told that anything but well cooked poultry and pork is a health disaster

>I've gone my whole life being told that anything but well cooked poultry and pork is a health disaster
For good reason. Also beef should be on that list.

>what's the appeal?
>I'm genuinely curious
You have your answer. We cook food not only for safety and digestion, but also for flavor. Uncooked food tastes different.

>do places actually serve chicken uncooked?
If you disregard seviche, not unless you request it.
It's like a blue steak, next to no one will offer it except by request.

well I mean, I eat my steaks rare and enjoy sushi all the time, that seems to be culturally accepted, at least in the US. But there's a big sanitation stink about poultry and pork for reasons that I don't fully understand

The exact same risks, just different strains/parasites dependent upon the animal.
The only real difference based on meat is the proper temperature and cultural response.

so that would mean that undercooked chicken is fine to eat in similar ways as beef and fish, provided you follow certain sanitation provisions?

>tldr;

I know it is for you. This link doesn't rely on one study and it doesn't rely solely on animal models. There are epidemiological studies supporting the linkages in real human populations.

>muh genetics
So what if there is a genetic component to the link? It is clear that overdone meat raises risk levels for many humans. Claiming it doesn't, in the face of research, with a cuck ad hom is pathetic.

You have no idea what you are talking about, and expect your bullshit underesearched opinions to carry any weight, when they don't.

When someone points this out you revert to ridiculous /pol/ tier retardation and restating it more loudly with more ad homs.

I haven't even said anything about eating well done red meat, aside from the fact you are wrong about it not causing cancer.

If you're confident that the soruce is parasite and disease free, then go ahead.

Although I would still caution against chicken.
Salmonella and chicken go together like cats and toxoplasmosis.
(read as: good luck finding one without at least some without giving a chicken kemo in a clean room and then raise eggs from it to maturity)

Chickens and pigs are filthy animals, they'll eat anything and are pretty feral. Cows less so.

Huge difference between chicken, pork another red meats.

yeah, i get the feeling there would be no place I could go in the west where some food safety administration would let anyone serve something like that, would love to try it sometime though, provided they know what they're doing

>pigs are filthy animals

I didn't think anyone from the past two centuries still believed this

do you also not eat shellfish because the bible says it's an abomination?

I served a turkey carpaccio, raw with a tarragon vinagatrette, in a restaurant in Brussels for a few months. Sold well, tasted good and I never got sick from it, nor heard of anyone else getting sick of it.

Do not know if I would feel confident eating it from a North American CAFO factory farm though...

even if this were true, that pseudoscience you're spouting wouldn't have anything to do with the susceptibility of meat to bacteria and parasites

yeah, I assume if the meat is high quality and prepared in a high quality way it's fine, just like sushi

>/pol/ tier retardation and restating it more loudly with more ad homs.
You're a faggot.
Are you happy? I used last generation's word.

It's the internet.
You call people who are faggots faggots, and you call people faggots to imply that they are faggots.
You call peopel who are cucks cucks, and you call people cucks to imply that they are cucks.

Just how new to the internet are you?

>This link doesn't rely on one study and it doesn't rely solely on animal models.
I am aware and you know that I am aware because my post reflected it, fuck off.

>There are epidemiological studies supporting the linkages in real human populations.
Based on what I read it was self reported and is still just correlation. Give me an r value.

>So what if there is a genetic component to the link?
It means it doesn't matter. Its outside of my control and avoiding meat can only make the genes spread more.

> It is clear that overdone meat raises risk levels for many humans.
Proof?

>Claiming it doesn't, in the face of research, with a cuck ad hom is pathetic.
I'm getting more and more convinced that you actually are a cuck.
it's called bants (or bantz) lad...

>I haven't even said anything about eating well done red meat, aside from the fact you are wrong about it not causing cancer.
Still haven't proved anything other than correlation.

>You have no idea what you are talking about, and expect your bullshit underesearched opinions to carry any weight, when they don't.
You're definitely a cuck. Don't shit on skepticism and rational thought.

god I wish there was a way to just hide all posts from a specific IP

I'll never understand how asshats like you insist on having these childish dick measuring contests in public, everyone thinks you look like idiots.

Continental yuropeans are WAY less anal about raw meat than anglos.

There are german and dutch raw pork mince recipes, and there is a preparation of raw mince meat, tomato, egg and shallots/onions which is a bologna/baloney tier sandwich filling.

Ironically enough, it is called filet amercain.

Proof has been posted. With 25 citations of its own.

You are wrong, incompetent and lazy.

that sounds like an amazing sandwich filling, not gonna lie. are the eggs also raw?

>Proof has been posted. With 25 citations of its own.
Proof of correlation...

I have family and friends who worked and lived on farms, my opinions aren't based off the bible. I love shellfish. Both chickens and pigs can be pretty disgusting, they're happy to live in their shit and will eat almost anything. Cows, boars, rabbits etc. are very different.

I love shellfish, I just try to get stuff that's sourced well rather than some Thai/Bangladeshi turd pond.

Re. cheap meat - I live in the UK, over here you're not allowed to use chicken shit to produce chicken feed, despite the fact there's still a lot of nutrients in it. You know what we do? We ship our chicken shit out to Thailand or wherever. Then we import cheap chicken from these same countries.

Just yolks, but yeah.

What amazed me was the cavalier way people would keep a tub in the fridge for a week and then send it to school with their kids lunches.

It is pretty good though.

Here is a recipe which is way different than what I thought if you want to try it.

thehungrybelgian.com/2013/07/09/belgo-american-beef-tartare/

You've seen homeless people with the "Jesus Saves" signs. It's a hell of a lot easier to mask a mental disorder when you have a place to live. You're dealing with concentrated psychological disorder, regardless of honesty or trolling.

>You know what we do? We ship our chicken shit out to Thailand or wherever.
You're shit at aquaponics...

Underrated post.

What is the orange stuff on the lemon?

itt: OP opens up a can of retard and shitposting

Yeah you can't read

Is right. Your desire to prove yourself right despite evidence to the contrary is pathetic and staining me by association.

I am not going to continue to shit up this thread by entertaining you further.

Maybe it's not commercially viable? I don't really care, it was just a little anecdote.

don't fucking use my complaint against you specifically as fucking validation you aspie, get the fuck out of here

>Yeah you can't read
Do you know what happens without naysayers who deny shit until it's ACTUALLY legitimately undeniable?
You get pseudoscience. You get psychology.

>validation on anonymous message board

So you are getting your dick out now?

Is it bigger than mine yet?

>pseudoscience
>psychology

jesus christ are you in a cult

Psychology is legitimately a pseudoscience...
Look it up lad.
They don't give a shit about reproducibility, avoiding bias in data analysis, sample size, scrutiny, etc.

>pigs can be pretty disgusting, they're happy to live in their shit and will eat almost anything.
That's actually bullshit. Pigs are very clean animals.

STOP TALKING TO A LUNATIC. jesus christ.

You seem to be awfully invested in talking about him, if not to him.

Does telling strangers what they should talk about on anonymous Cantonese cartoon argument forums complete you user?

>Does telling strangers what they should talk about on anonymous Cantonese cartoon argument forums complete you user?
Yes.

that'sbeef