What's the deal with energy drinks?

What's the deal with energy drinks?

I looked on the back of the can and they have less sugar than a smaller can of soda, and they have a lot of vitamins and minerals that must be bullshit.

They'll make your heart explode.

Healthier than Coffee :3

>Healthier than coffee
Maybe healthier than a quadruple-shot pumpkin spice orange mocha frappucino w/ extra whipped cream, but if you don't put shit into coffee it's ridiculously low calorie.

>energy drinks
>99.99% of the demographic are fat college kids who sit on their ass all day and then spend all their free time on their ass eating fast food and playing video games, the concept of lifting anything heavier than a playstation controller would be an intense work out

God know how hard their lives are, gotta get dat derr energy

I drink energy drinks the same way most people do coffee, because hot drinks are old world and stupid and anybody with common sense wants something ice cold before work to help wake up, not keep you relaxed

Kidney stones if you drink too many of them for too long.

I find them slightly more potent than coffee and, like someone already mentioned, they're more refreshing. A lot of the "original" flavors taste like ass, though.

As for the vitamins thing, yeah they do have an assload of B vitamins. That's part of how they give you energy. That's not to say you should start drinking energy drinks instead of taking a B vitamin supplement if you're deficient (since the latter is likely higher quality), but you're getting B vitamins from the drinks nonetheless.

>I looked on the back of the can and they have less sugar than a smaller can of soda, and they have a lot of vitamins and minerals that must be bullshit.

... Or you could just get a medical vitamin mix and then drink water/fruit juice/whatever the fuck you want
Instead of paying for 90% water 5% sugar 4% flavor 1% vitamins that cost 5 times the materials because it's a meme drink

>I like the taste!

Then get informed on what flavors is there in it and buy something similar that doesn't rob you

who the fuck mixes their own soda. dumb as fuck if you ask me.
Just get a cosco/sams club sized pack if you want to save money. I bet someone is selling them on ebay.

Everything we fucking eat is like 50% fucking water, you stupid fucking piece of shit.

Only Good Ones Left Tier:
Monster Ultra Zero
Rockstar Cucumber/Lime
Monster Rehab Pink Lemonade/Tea
Redbull Tropical

Hard to Find but Possibly The Best Tier:
Arnold Palmer Energy
Rockstar Organic

Five/eight hour energy made me feel like I was dying. Other energy drinks are fine but fuck that.

My country has the best fucking energy drinks

>tfw Relentless stopped making their tropical flavour

>No Rip Its

You no tactical piece of shit

bitches love energy drinks

That can would never hold.

That and coffee increases metabolism so it's even lower than the drink itself technically

Cold coffee exists, user.

Honorable Mention: Starbucks Doubleshots

I honestly don't know why we keep up the pretense of drinking caffeine. Wouldn't popping a pill be more economical? Like other anons have said, the drinks themselves are a bunch of irrelevant bullshit. NoDoz is on the shelf of every pharmacy. You can get 180 caps for $30. 200mg each. That's two cups of coffee per pill. Let's say you break 'em in half. That's like 8 cents a dose. What the fuck are we doing buying drinks.

The pita place next to my restaurant started stocking Rip-It. Energy drinks have no business tasting that fucking good.

so drink iced coffee

Coffee also happens to be full of antioxidants you uneducated barbarian

I drink these ones.

And those bottled ones are awesome. Diabetes in a bottle but still delicious.

My cups of coffee are like 17ยข a cup and they taste good.

To add to that
>fat college kids with undiagnosed diabetes that will more likely get tired from drinking those

I drink way too much monster, but my work schedule is absolutely ridiculous. I've been meaning to switch to caffeine pills but then I get depressed and just fall back on expensive energy drinks. Hopefully my workout routine gets me back on track.

I drink them at work and and school as easy caffeine. I love a hot cup of coffee but it's slow and Texas is fucking hot. Bring me something ocean cold with no dairy.

Biggest criticism from me us that it makes caffeine way too easily accessible. I have a problem with it and sometimes drink 4 per day. Makes me pass out at Jiu-jitsu. My vision goes dark and I feel like my whole body is constricted, then vomit unless I get off the mats. I've found this doesn't happen if I avoid caffeine on training days. So I need to replace caffeine with exercise. But the drinks are so good, cold, and require no prep.

energy drinks are soda with caffeine, vitamins, and some supplements like taurine and guarana that have small but real positive effects.

no, they won't. that's stupid.

this.

bullshit from a conspiracy theorist. probably believes in vanishing bee's too.

...or you could just fucking kill yourself, poorfag, stop looking for shortcuts and put your money on the fucking table.

>who the fuck mixes their own soda

retards.

no, it's not the same fucking thing, it's not irrelevant, popping a no-doz is nothing like drinking a monster.

this

fellow texasfag here. after my morning cigarette, the warmth of texas summers coupled with the humidity from living in galveston county makes me want something cold to wake up, but alot of the time I end up drinking a cup of coffee anyway because I don't want to pay 2 dollars for a can of redbull and my dad already has a pot brewed. coffee is dirt cheap though, so it's hard to turn it down vs a can of monster or rockstar being a couple bucks per can. its so much cheaper to just buy a few cans of coffee and have your caffeine for months at a time anyway

>tfw literally nowhere to buy monster import and Nos where I live
Shit sucks

dem goose bumps...

Its just meme soda.

monster import is literally the same as normal monster, just more expensive in a diffrent can.

my brother had this pic in poster form when we were kids and my mom absolutely hated it, weird seeing it again

I used to drink them because I like the guarana flavor
Something that was pretty rare to find in my country until Brazil started importing Guarana flavor soda and a national soda brand made a similiar one

Also people here like to mix them with vodka or fruit licors, I know it's unhealthy but hey, welcome to south america

you can buy a years supply of caffeine pills or powder for the price of one can

caffeine taste terrible so they load the drink up with sugar and weird flavors and then throw in stuff you don't need like ginseng for some reason

although I do like the taste of Red Bull, and it's the GOAT drink to mix with vodka besides grapefruit juice

i get the sugar free ones, they have tons of b vitamines and caffeine.

It's true, and I can tell you that lithotripsy is not cheap.

monster assault and the green apple rockstars are pretty good

flavored red bull is ok, but that shit costs an arm and leg for a tiny can

>Buying monster imports in 2016

>They'll make your heart explode
>read ingredients in enriched bread
>read ingredients in enriched pasta
>read ingredients in enriched rice
>they're exactly the same
>OMG user YOUR DUMB YOU,'RE A CHEMOPHOBE
> Veeky Forums - Food and Cooking