Plastic chemicals

Are you sometimes worried that fatty food will absorb chemicals from its plastic packaging, like milk or minced meat. It is well known that toxic oils enter your food from recycled paper, for example.

no

Carbon emissions green house gasses peak oil sanctuary cities Hillary Clinton police brutality black lives matter fourth wave feminism: The Thread.

I am only concerned about microwaving plastic stuff. Mom used to get Hungry Jack maple syrup and I don't want to know how much cancer I ingested

>what are best before dates
Or do you bottle your oil in repurposed water bottles? Because I've been told by a savvy co-worker it was bad and should not be done.

t. chemist

I'd be more worried about the quality of the oil itself. Notice how all cheap low-quality oils are sold in plastic containers but the ones used for high-quality oils are made of glass?

I live in Spain and ALL olive oil and all other oils come in plastic bottles.
Though the packaging and shit is much more strict in europe than in murrica tough.

I'm pretty sure any temperature change causes leeching. I'm almost finished my kitchen deplasticking but it ain't easy mang.

reminder that plastics are full of xenoestrogens, causing people to act like nu-males

acid or basic foods can react with plastic. Get some litmus paper if you're concerned.

High quality olive oils actually come in tins because light is damaging

>leeching

>in Europe

why do yurotards pretend Europe is a singular country and pretend like everythings always better

gentle reminder that this bullshit is on par with the "le everything you eat is full of estrogen" meme in terms of stupidity

no amount of paranoia will save you from cancer

I'm worried about this as well. If I want to cook chicken breast in the microwave to save time, is there anyway to do this without saran wrap?

We're all going to die of something unexpected and stupid anyways in most cases. Being worried about plastic containers or whatever is a waste of your time.

Europe has laws and trade regulations covering the whole continent.

pfff as another chemist I can tell you that's BS, oil may be an organic solvent but its far from having any kind of real activity when dissolving plastics as its fatty chains are too long and the polarity of the acid heads is too weak to interact with the usual polar groups you'll find in PET or similar polymers

give me a single place where olive oil is better than in europe

Have you ever heard of something called a lid?

Incorrect.
You are thinking of EU member nations.

I don't see what damage oils and fats could do to plastic unless you're heating them up, damaging the plastic.

What you should really worry about are acids. Like tomatoes in tins, because their acid makes BPA from the can leach into the food.
Also, store receipts tend to have a lot of BPA, fyi.

Then again, if you live in a major city or agricultural zone I'd be more concerned about getting cancer from the bad air and water quality.Good luck!