youtube.com/watch?v=BDVg0u2YQ7Q
youtube.com/watch?v=BlTCkNkfmRY
youtube.com/watch?v=BFrkRFgHLVk&list=PL5Du-0RxEQVCgXd3zlZxMl00pUWJk3b2B&index=5
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

made these and they all were really good
youtube.com/watch?v=rYm2hHaN2i0
youtube.com/watch?v=y0CAG_zeaTw
youtube.com/watch?v=jLkGHeSJwYw

this is THE best way to prepare salmon, period. You cannot get anything from a restaurant that tastes better.

youtube.com/watch?v=KiBoTo1aZYE

His chicken tikka masala is absolutely restaurant quality and was the best tasting food I've ever made IMO.

Every single recipe of his I've ever tried has been good with the exception of his white bean chili which had no flavor.

I've always had success with his recipes. Probably make his focaccia recipe the most, and his wings second to that.

He looks like a pedophile.

several. actually made the chicken and pork orzo last night. pretty good. not amazing but I'm gonna play with the recipe a lot more.

>this is THE best way to prepare salmon, period.

Except for the part when he took the skin off...

stuffed peppers
meatballs

both turned out good

His lava cake is easy to make and really fucking good.

He isn't the most entertaining or comfy chef, but out of all the YouTube food videos I've had the most success following his videos.

>no skin
nope

Did his peanut chicken curry. Turned out pretty well.

I've had a lot of success with following Chef John's recipes.

Shrimp Toast, Crab Rangoons, and... Nashville Hot Chicken.

not everyone likes the skin anons

children?

I make his rum balls recipe every year for Christmas, finally found a fucking sorbet scoop last year saved a lot of time and sanity that the two spoon scoop method. It shouldn't be that hard to buy a sorbet scoop, gave up and found one by chance at a dollar store

I made his Apple Roses recipe (with homemade gluten-free puff pastry because reasons), brought it to a Christmas party, and got laid because of it.

His Paella is also pretty bangin tbqhwy

I can't stand his videos because hes got the most retarded voice inflections

I'm culinarily retarded, but I managed to make this and impress my pasta-loving brother and some friends.
youtube.com/watch?v=OMJvrjWEjC0

I am so going to make that chicken noodle soup next weekend. comfy as fuck

>Has anyone actually tried his recipes?
I made a cauliflower pizza base last night from one of his videos, it worked well.
I think if i didn't know better i would have assumed it was made from dough.

the way he talks pisses me the fuck off

Made his Spanish garlic soup with poached eggs, his pizza sauce, tikka masala.
All were delicious.

I've made his beurre rouge three times and they've all tasted like ass... I'm using decent red wine and decent red wine vinegar, i'm not sure if it's supposed to taste like this

foodwishes.blogspot.co.nz/2007/08/beurre-rouge-red-wine-butter-sauce-born.html

tried this and it was delicious

youtube.com/watch?v=h6OSMbfhIao

Made his tartiflette a day after he posted his video. It was delicious

Can't listen to that helium-sucking faggot

this. his recipes seem solid, but I can't watch his videos.

Currently am eating his panacotta, I must say this guy's legit senpai

cooking with the skin is mandatory, eating it is personal preference.

I made his pot roast, russian tea cakes, pecan sour cream coffee cake, buffalo chicken dip, pie crust, and cheesecake recipes. They were all really good.

Tried his potato wedges once. They were pretty fucking good.

Chef John is based

Would the glaze work with the skin? The skin has to go under the broiler to be worth leaving on.

>or comfy
just letting you know your opinion is wrong

He looks like you?

I wanna try the crispy baked wings recipe sometime
I'll probably use a different sauce, but I wanna try the tecnique
youtube.com/watch?v=BDVg0u2YQ7Q

He's a modern day Prometheus

youtube.com/watch?v=BlTCkNkfmRY

I love when he does stupid college type food like this
one time he did this recipe that was basically just a fried uncrustable

I tried making the Torrone. He fucked up by not specifying you NEED to use the wax paper he does, not any wax paper will do. Although in the comments the consensus is everyone was fucking this up left and right. Good thing it only took hours to make.

How did this get you laid exactly?

Made his mushroom risotto and followed every single step something I rarely do and it was great.

>wax paper

He never said wax paper. Wax paper is not edible.

You could have fixed it, if you had thrown it in the freezer you could have gotten the wax paper off without hurting the nougat. It would just have been lacking rice paper, big deal.

The oxtail thing with pearl barley. Holy shit it was something else.

Legit, he's the shit, giving him my seal of approval

chef john is my nigger

I've made a bunch of his recipes and they've pretty much all turned out great, my fuckups notwithstanding.

I've made the inside out grilled cheese, the snowcap cookies, as well as the vegan fudge. All were great.

youtube.com/watch?v=BFrkRFgHLVk&list=PL5Du-0RxEQVCgXd3zlZxMl00pUWJk3b2B&index=5
Have made this 2 times. Only swapped the cheeses.

>Wafer paper

Yup. I've made his:

>nashville chicken (also modded that into regular fried chicken after the KFC secret recipe leak)
>chicken a la king (did that just tonight)
>spatchcocked roasted chicken
>chicken etouffe
>fondant potatoes

That's all just from the last month. I've made tons more of his shit. I fucking love this dude.

I recently made his chicken tikka masala recipe, and it turned out fantastically, as well as his chili verde and pot roast, and both were great as well, though it's hard to screw up pot roast, and that's just what I did recently. I also like that he experiments sometimes and shows you how it goes.

He's super legit. Also I don't mind his voice and sometimes I think he's kinda funny. I see how it's not for everyone but the food is always great.

>You're the of your

>you are the plato
>of your plate, bro

He spends Christmas with his parents

>I've always had success with his recipes.

Same here.

His take on chow is usually pretty spot on.

I've made quite a few of his recipes. His beer bread is what sparked my interest into most baking that isn't braising or casseroles and shit. If I'm making something for the first time I usually check and see if there's a recipe from Chef John or Alton Brown. Say what you will, but the two of them and Anthony Bourdain are why I've pushed myself in the kitchen to see what I can really do. I also suffer the habit of adding some cayenne to most everything I cook, doesn't hurt that I like spicy food too. Alton Brown gave me a love for the science behind cooking. And Bourdain has honestly been an influence in some of my view on life really, from everything to taking in the culture of places to giving me some bad influences into workplace shenanigans.

>nashville chicken (also modded that into regular fried chicken after the KFC secret recipe leak)

How did I miss this leak?

One of the Colonel's descendants was giving an interview to the Chicago Trib, and he let them take photos of some KFC artifacts. The recipe was by mistake, but the Trib published it.

it's legit, I've tried it pretty crispy

BUT

he lied, it does taste like baking powder

>origino

I've made his rack of lamb recipes (particularly the pistachio crusted and mint crust ones) and they were so delicious. They were the first recipes that introduced me to the wonders of lamb. The rosemary and honey dinner rolls are also to die for, the most delicious bread I've ever tasted. The beef and barley was also great with the beef shank, but I fucked up by trying to substitute barley with quinoa.

Those were the ones that stood out for me, but I've tried lots more and they are all yum. He's pretty much the go to guy for reliable recipes.

I just cannot stand his fucking voice

chef john is one of us.

it needs time to get a customed with.

his parmalette was tasty

Foodwishes and Chef John are among the best cooking on YouTube, and beats pretty much all of the commercial shit on TV.
You guys are fags for liking shit like "Jack" more than this. It just proves you care nothing about actually learning how to cook.

I made the Sunshine Cheesecake and the Summer Squash and Sausage Stew.

Breddy gud, 9/10.