Furikake

I'm intrigued by the idea of just cooking up some rice, sprinkling some stuff on it, and maybe have some sauteed vegis with it, and having a full, healthy meal in a few minutes under a few bucks.

Seems like Furikake could fit the bill?

And According to google, I have a japanese grocery in town, so I probably could try it.

The wikipedia article is a bit short, so anything Veeky Forums would advice me on? Do you really just put it on rice, as is? Anything else I would need to watch out for?

That's not much of a meal, but yeah furikake is pretty good.

Kind of overpriced for what it is though. Just buy some seaweed, sesame seed, salt, sugar, bonito flakes, and throw it all in a blender.

If you buy those sesame seaweed snacks, then you just have to add bonito flakes to it.

>That's not much of a meal,
Sure. But sometimes you just have to have some light, minimal time needed things.

Add two or three eggs and that's a meal.

try this shit on rice, nigorinos.

get the chicken one.

HOW DO I KNOW IT'S THE CHICKEN ONE?

Wow OP, I was literally eating furikake over rice with one of the chefs at the start of tonights shift. He said that's about all he'd been eating lately, furikake and rice, for the last few days. It's addicting stuff. We have pic related, literally the only pic I could find. Has Doreamon, gadget cat from the future, on the bottle. Go figure.

Yes, just put it over rice. Add eel/unagi/sushi/teriyaki sauce and green onions. Sauteed veg are an added plus, pak choi, carrot, cabbage, onion, bean sprouts, that kinda thing.

>be in a asian super market
>see user's pic related
>starts to panic not being able to read chink moon runes
>a visible wet print of sweat forms in my armpits and chest
>temptation to grab any one of those red bottles and rush home to put on steaming hot white rice, but hesitate due to major disappointment that it might not be chicken flavoured

WAKE ME UP

>grab all the jars in sight and run straight out the doors

what if all of them are flavoured except chicken flavour?

cry

That stuff is brilliant

what the fuck is it?

This is my go-to furikake. The brand comes in a glass container, but I'm sure there are others that do the same. I'd suggest researching the various flavors because there are A LOT.

Yeah, for what it is, it's kind of expensive. But hey, it's quick. I guess.

How much would you guys pay for 500 g bonito flakes? Is £45 worth it? Sounds extremely expensive. Almost all furikake I've found have wheat in them which I can't eat. I found one without wheat but it's also without bonito flakes, so I figure I can buy the flakes separately?

Buy better rice. I eat steamed rice three times a day. Eat it plain, or with each bite of food.

Enjoy your diabetes m8

tell that to every asian in all asiatic countries you fuckwit

Shucks, thanks. You guys are so nice. :-)

>every asian in all asiatic countries
They don't eat much rice in Afghanistan.

Uh, yeah they do

those are mudslime pooinloos not asians

learn your classifications for fuck's sake

Are you implying Asians don't suffer from diabetes? Also, most Asians eat rice together with something else which lowers the glycemic index. Plain rice has a higher glycemic index than rice with a curry or rice with X. So yeah.

they eat fucktons of rice pilaf

>china
7.3%
>india
5%
>USA
7.5%
>germany
9.5%
>japan
5.6%

really made me think

What's your point? I didn't say they have higher diabetes than Americans or others. Read my post again you illiterate fuck.

>Afghans aren't Asian
American education.

>I didn't say they have higher diabetes than Americans
>you illiterate fuck.
Hello Pot, this is Kettle.

Forgot the word rate. You still can't grasp the basic information from a sentence. Also stop posting if you're not going to adress the issue.

*address

Thanks

looks like some chili sauce?

What currency is that stuff in? Everything on that pic is fuckexpensive, if that is really one the well known dollars.

Furikake adds taste, not nutrition. You still need protein and junk.

Nice I was gonna buy some soon, thanks guy

dude it's literally rice with seasoning

there's no recipe

But not every meal must contain every nutritient.
Unless you dont want to replace 100% of your meals with that stuff, you should be fine.