Are girls suck at maths ?

I never saw one girl who were a good mathfag. All of them sucked, and loved biology, medecine and other beta sciences.

Do you believe in the cultural patriarchal oppression bullshit, or do you think girls just do not like maths ?

Other urls found in this thread:

books.google.com/books?id=j4acTAR-W2AC&pg=PA233&lpg=PA233&dq=correlation parent child older intelligence&source=bl&ots=Fn7GU11OV_&sig=JOcXLFr3V95wNHSST3DkPbm8g8s&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjfnISbvf3MAhXJZj4KHf_8CzQQ6AEILTAD#v=onepage&q=correlation parent child older intelligence&f=false
rpadgett.butler.edu/ps320/coursedocs/Richardson-Norgate.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bait, but mathbff on YouTube obv exception

Noether Noether Noether Noether Noether

I've met a ton of girls who are good at math. You're right about biology and medicine though. I think the statistics undersell the gap, most of the girls who aren't in those fields want to be. I don't get it.

I believe in not generalizing.

I also believe in not being a tumblrdyke that comes to Veeky Forums to make bait threads to then screencap the supposed pervasive sexism so that you can post them on your little blog about how this is #everydaysexism

Back to your cave.

lowqualitybait.jpg

The reason one would say "girls suck at math" would be because statistically they are below the male average, not because of biases.

>that dip between 2005 and 2006

Damn, looks like we all became more retarded.

>m-muh exceptions to a clearly true statistic mean that all your stereotypes can't ever be true

NO!

Do not fucking feed the troll OP by being sexists now, you fucktards.

We live in a world of equal opportunity and that is all that matters. By having these retarded debates about which gender is better we are shitting on our near perfect world built on the idea of equal opportunity.

STOP

All the anti male sexists back to tumblr and all the anti female sexists back to /pol/ and leave out Veeky Forums because here we are just a bit more objective than you are so you clearly do not belong here.

STOP SHITTING ON THOUSANDS OF YEARS OF PROGRESS

>I have never studied commutative algebra

I'm a girl and finishing my masters in applied math at top university in germany and I'm

I hope you're trolling. I can't tell.

humboldt universität?

OP, I believed myself that as a girl, I can't be good at math. So I didn't put any effort into it.
Then, last year of high school, I discovered what a beautiful language math is. Because of my new attitude towards math, I started getting As effortlessly. And now I'm doing a masters in math.
There are biological differences between men and women. But I'm still not sure if men being better at math is a cultural thing, or due to brain differences we are born with.

I'm not trolling. The most precious thing about the world we live in is equality of opportunity and that is all we should care about.

>top5%
kek
As if that even means shit.
But your not even a girl, so it's kind of moot I guess.

boobs or gtfo

Are you new here? It's a falseflag m8. /pol/acks who want to trigger autists on Veeky Forums usually post like this, "pretending" to be an SJW to discredit legitimate positions.

I suppose I'd say that too if I was just an average student in university and having to content with an average salary.

What if I sexually identify as an anime girl and am also majoring in math? Doesn't that count?

I don't agree with OP but

>Applied math

Really?

>applied math

laughing_whores.jpg

>EE
>third-year
>there are literally more non-American women than American
I mean, in all honestly American women are shit, but it still bugs me.

I like shoes, so I need money.

Do you know if the thing where people are proud for being bad at math uniquely American or is it more or less a global phenomenon?

Bitch, don't go trying to correct my grammar and then fail to use the subjunctive when you should've'd. Fucking low IQ pleb.

Woman + Applied Math is a meme that's been going on for a while. There's also Chemical Engineering and Bio-bar Majors.

English is my third language. Also you're just upset I'm better than you at math being a girl, making you a beta male, which is why I said you're a cuck.

>applied math

It's absolutely American, but I think women across the world are worse than men at math, most places just accept that and the women cooperate with men better. Works out better for both individuals.

Foreign women tend to be a lot nicer, in general women that came from worse backgrounds are nicer. Same with men I think.

1. There is a patriarchy (literally just means men rule the world)
2. It is not a bad thing, it is what it is
3. The same reason men rule the world is why men are better at math: Testosterone
4. Testosterone makes you prefer "systems" (read: enjoy controlling things more) more (from infancy and onwards) and men produce twice as much testosterone as women
5. Testosterone makes you stronger, you can physically and mentally dominate anyone with less testosterone
6. That's it.

When it comes to power, it's literally all about testosterone. If you were to look at cross-sections of human populations where you only controlled for testosterone, you would see why there are people who rule and people who serve.

Testosterone has unfair implications regarding math ability. If a girl is suited for math I would consider her to have a more male-patterned brain first and work through other determinants.

my girlfriend was a really high level International math Olympiad competitor.

>testosterone is unfair

How "girly" was she to begin with, though?

She's very feminine. Not autistic or spergy or anything. Shes really an anomaly to be honest.

Her parents trained her to be a "genius" from a young age so I guess that has something to do with it.

But solving meme problems isn't real math.
Getting a PhD while being underpaid and treated like shit all while slowly coming to the realization that your work won't ever amount to anything truly worthwhile as you also teach students who hate you for making them do basic algebra, now that's doing math.

That's also why women never want to do math. They just want to live a life of sunshine and sprinkles, so they pick meme degrees for easy jobs that won't be soul crushing, and then they just bide their time while waiting for Prince Chad to whisk them away to their fairy tale ending.

How about when compared to a Stacy?

aber am englisch müssen wir noch ein bisschen arbeiten

Is she actually a genius, or is she just good at doing arithmetic fast in her head?

>starting the y-axis at 450
Clearly men are doing better, but that's just misleading.

Does she happen to be a ginger? I met a ginger woman with two ginger daughters. The mother was a production manager for a management consulting company, and she puts her two daughters through shit like "rocket math" and other programs. Her daughter (14 or so) was taking Statistics at the CC while her mother was relearning it. The statistics was basic algebra and multi-step logic, but the mother was the kind of organized intelligence that is dangerous.

The problem is while many people can be trained to be effective/intelligent while young, they often "revert" to their genetic history once they become older. Literally IQ tests show a near 1:1 relation to biological parents when the kids are 20-30, even if they started out deviations above when they were 5.

No, it's started there so you can see how consistent the difference is.

>but the mother was the kind of organized intelligence that is dangerous.
What do you mean by that?

>They just want to live a life of sunshine and sprinkles
Who the hell doesn't though? Are you some sort of masochist?

True men want to be great and to have done great things.

so, just like fairy tales then?

Women in the developing world where they NEED to get a return instead of wasting China's money on a hobby.

I wouldn't be surprised if it has a lot more to do with expectations and training.

When you start getting interested in dick and wearing makeup at 10-12 years old it leaves little room for math.

Most guys aren't interested in math either for similar reasons.
You could say muh patriarchy opression

or women could "man up" and do math anyway.

and you wouldn't if that lifestyle were available to you?

Well it can be said there's generally two kinds of high-intelligence: ability to memorize information, and ability to think or process information. The majority of intelligent people have the former, so they excel when the work is book/memory oriented, but will be shit in open-ended problems i.e. the more stem-focused kind.

Even if someone's intelligent, human motivation is all over the place, and relies a lot on temperance. Boring people can get a lot done, but they rarely want to excel. People who are overly emotional get disgusted and stressed from bad situations, impairing their work.

Some people are intelligent, and either by temperance or life situations, end up both capable of being intelligent, and able to exercise that desire. One of the things this mother did was keep a list of every opt-out of the Common Core programs (math and english or somethinig) in New York state, in an organized spreadsheet, all by her own interest. Legally, all school systems kept records, and numerous times someone would say "I can't give you those records." or "We don't keep them." She's have to get a greater authority, like a state official from the education department, to call them up and give them shit, because it is free information, and if the school wasn't keeping records, they could have finances cut.

She was also very well spoken, affectionate, some other shit that just made her dangerous. The larger proportion, the memorizers, are usually cold and you can tell their affectations are manipulative and they're really not interested in anyone but themselves, whether by being more psychopathic or Aspergers.

Great men in general always loved what they did. Sure there may have been rough times, but they were commited to a greater goal.

I'm pretty sure these women would love to live a life of sunshine and sprinkles though. It's just that their society doesn't allow it

More like folk lore or legends or even historical figures.

>Literally IQ tests show a near 1:1 relation to biological parents when the kids are 20-30, even if they started out deviations above when they were 5.

No they don't. IQ is a strongly heritable trait, but your parents' genotype is the relevant factor. Actual intelligence is only correlated with parents' .22

Their inherited genotype manifests itself and that is why all sorts of environmental gains in intervention projects give around puberty, for women and PoCs.

Nope

books.google.com/books?id=j4acTAR-W2AC&pg=PA233&lpg=PA233&dq=correlation parent child older intelligence&source=bl&ots=Fn7GU11OV_&sig=JOcXLFr3V95wNHSST3DkPbm8g8s&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjfnISbvf3MAhXJZj4KHf_8CzQQ6AEILTAD#v=onepage&q=correlation parent child older intelligence&f=false

By age 18, there's nearly a .4 correlation between adopted children and biological parents, which appears to be a consistent increase from childhood to adulthood.

rpadgett.butler.edu/ps320/coursedocs/Richardson-Norgate.pdf

There's a paper with more detail.