Okay don't crucify me for this

Okay don't crucify me for this.

In the latest ancient aliens episode, they mentioned that some scientific reports shows that if you subject mercury to a very high level of eletrostatic charge and then spin it, you get a gravitational thrust which allows you to create inertial force that can counteract the gravity.

Is there any truth behind this ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JULySBxDelo
youtube.com/watch?v=vqHXFKJddfM
youtube.com/watch?v=FFK5BzHs6eY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitoelectromagnetism
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

WAT IF ITS REEL :O

not remotely

What exactly do you think you're saying? I can't grasp what you're claiming so that I could even approach it with a reasonable response. Why would the electric charge be included? What do you mean by 'counteract the gravity?' I've literally not the foggiest idea what that statement is meant to convey. If you mean 'it produces a thrust that can be made in a direction opposite to the force of the Earth's gravity on the mercury sample,' then I do that with my legs all the time without needing some jibber jabber mercury concoction. Does it repel mercury's self-gravity? I've got fucking news for you, every object does this on top of fighting against the Earth's gravity. What force do you think keeps things together and from falling into themselves? What scientific reports?! WHAT IS A VERY HIGH LEVEL OF ELECTRIC CHARGE?!

Go back to watching ancient aliens for the sp00ky ideas, but don't come to Veeky Forums with your incoherent babbling. And you don't put a space between end punctuation and the last word in a sentence, for Christ's sake.

No. Please gain some understanding of physics and the natural world.

>ancient aliens

>>>> F = QvB

>ancient al...

Hey, OP come here and let me see your hand a sec I want to show you something..

Idk
Take some quicksilver in a centrifuge and zap it.
Take measurements of your spinning device's weight with and with out the electrostatic charge and see if there's any notable difference.
You already kinda fucked the idea of anyone on Veeky Forums taking you seriously with the mention of "Ancient Aliens".
But who knows, maybe someone with the equipment and shit'll humor you and try it.

Well liquid mercury does spin when given a current, but thats probably all.

youtube.com/watch?v=JULySBxDelo

Mercury more likely to be negatively charged because of a tendency to hold onto electrons.
>The rest is all /x/-tier... carry on.
If the charge was high enough it might be able to neutralize the pull that the proton/neutron mass has on the electron shell of other masses.
Spinning it keeps its mass concentrated in one area so the mercury's not trying to climb out of itself by repelling itself on a molecular scale. It's ability to repel is also amplified by the energy it's getting through motion, and transferred to the centrifuge. Which would be affixed somewhere on the craft.

>don't crucify me for this.
>ancient aliens
>gravitational thrust
>create inertial force

>working with mercury without protective gear
Enjoy your poisoning.

I think they mean this effect:
youtube.com/watch?v=vqHXFKJddfM

Are bicycles ancient alien technology!!!?

No, it should defy gravity.

Its more like this : youtube.com/watch?v=FFK5BzHs6eY

That's an ionocraft. Are tinfoils still peddling this as anti-gravity?

No, and if this really was the case it would be huge fucking news. We had to put two of the roundest spheres ever made and levitate them with superconductors to even test einstein's theory of gravitoelectromagnetism.

Oh and if you don't know gravitoelectromagnetism is the theory that gravity can behave analogous to electromagnetic fields, not that electromagnetic fields can cause gravitational fields.

Spinning objects really can cause gravitational effects, see frame dragging and the einstein-thirring- lense effect, but without larges masses/densities/energies the effects are practically undetectable.

Shh... don't remind OP about that

Maybe OP's theory has some basis in truth?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitoelectromagnetism
>" if two wheels are spun on a common axis, the mutual gravitational attraction between the two wheels will be greater if they spin in opposite directions than in the same direction"
>"Gravitomagnetic arguments also predict that a flexible or fluid toroidal mass undergoing minor axis rotational acceleration (accelerating "smoke ring" rotation) will tend to pull matter through the throat (a case of rotational frame dragging, acting through the throat). In theory, this configuration might be used for accelerating objects (through the throat) without such objects experiencing any g-forces"

> tinfoils
i like the pun there ;)

That would in fact work, but to get measurable effects you'd need to make the spinning fluid out of something approximately as dense as neutronium, moving at fairly relativistic velocities.

Spacetime is very, very stiff and requires truly absurd energies to make anything detectable. (This is why colliding black holes could put out more power in gravitational radiation than all the stars in the universe combined could put out in electromagnetic radiation ... and still have the resulting gravitational wave be so weak you wouldn't even feel it if you were as close as possible to the source.)

Complete and utter bullshit.

By "scientific reports", they mean "A guy named Edgar Fouche said in a book named Alien Rapture that the US was developing secret antigravity UFOs, and this was how they worked"