Any autists here with an extremely limited palette?

any autists here with an extremely limited palette?
i'm a grown adult yet i cant even swallow most culinary vegetables. peas, corn, and carrots are what i can usually stomach and bell peppers are about as far as i'll go. things like broccoli, cauliflower, and mustard are totally off the menu.

most meats and simple-tasting foods like potatoes are totally fine. i also like sweets, but desserts with fruits (like pies and parfaits) are just too sweet and i cant eat them.

what do you usually eat? my diet consists mostly of chicken breast, ramen, string cheese and apples.

>autists
fuck off

filtered.

im literally autistic, thats why i have trouble eating

I'm autistic too, but I can eat pretty much anything.
I don't like most sodas though, and I especially dislike cola. Not fond of most sweets either.

>culinary vegetables
As opposed to vegetables that are not food?

Boom boom

don't fuck with the formula

You're literally autistic, that's why you have trouble breaking out of your chosen eating habits.

You talk like a Dr. Seuss character

>extremely limited palette

Nah, my palette situation is more than adequate.

Don't insult Brian Wilson by calling him autistic. Sure he's eccentric, but not autistic

omfg, I read over that in OP and didn't even notice anymore, fuck you seekay, fuck you

>are there any autists on Veeky Forums

Tomatoes and cucumbers are fruits, but are culinary vegetables.

>i'm a grown adult yet i cant even swallow most culinary vegetables.
you're supposed to chew them first.

Tomatoes and cucumbers aren't sweet enough that you would use them as the core ingredient of a dessert, thus they're treated as vegetables in terma of cooking.

Tomatoes and cucumbers are botanically fruit, but they're treated as vegetables in cooking.

I am an Asperger and have no trouble with any food whatsoever. Are you guys more like Rain man or something? Do you have a carer?

Autist here, former picky eater.

I've found that in most cases if you can manage past the instinctive revulsion that autism gives to new foods, shit tastes pretty great. I used to be a turbo tendie child, like the whole works: only eats bland kids menu food, feels sick at even the sight of vegetables, hated herbs and spices, etc... One day I decided enough was enough and basically forced myself to eat different things. Teaching myself to cook was a huge help in this. It sucked major ass, but it payed off in the end. I can eat basically anything now, even "wierd" stuff like offal.

Autism is not a get out of jail free card.

thanks for the advice, i guess its just time to grow up and make myself gag a couple times lol.

I was a picky eater, though I phased out of it when I was a young teen so maybe I can't give the best advise, but I just forced myself to eat stuff.

The number one reason I hated vegetables was simply because we always ate steamed/microwaved frozen vegetables or eve just canned shit. I pressured my parents into buying fresh veggies and they never went back.

Don't just eat them plain. Add some fat, preferably butter or olive oil and sautee or roast them. Progressively try different seasonings in different amounts.

For other things, you just have to force yourself to eat them. Anytime there's something in your meal you're not okay with, just eat it. They're serving beans at your friend's house? Eat some; your burger is hefty on the tomato or mustard? Eat it. 90% of the time it's just mental; the 10% of the time just requires you to eat it more so your palette adjusts.

I'd also recommend cooking for yourself and experimenting the kitchen. Even if it fails, it's important to play with things like seasoning and flavor/texture combinations that are foreign or uncomfortable to you.

You're not going to learn to like everything, but you just have to open your mind and try new things.