Math > Physics > EE or Math > EE > Physics?

Math > Physics > EE or Math > EE > Physics?

Math (if you select the hardest courses) > EE > Physics > Math (if you go for the easiest)

What does ">" mean?

Interesting?
Difficult?
Better Jobs?
etc.

purity

it means "superior"

Why would I want to study something that is superior over one that is inferior?

e-peen

see chart

Its wrong, Enginnering its applied Math & Physics, so it should go before physics, but I can use applied Chemistry and even Biology, so it should go before biology.

Actually there is nothing pure about engineering, its awesome, I study it, but its always about applying some other field that is more abstract.

Engineering does not equal electrical engineering you idiot. EE is about neurons creating neurons (CPUs)

EE > physics > math

>Engineering
>Superior to anything

>t. high school teacher w/ math PhD

EE>Physics>math

Computer science belongs between mathematics and egineering

this
lol

>he doesn't have an engineering degree for money
>he isnt going to go back to school to study math just for fun

shiggy
well, if you have a family then you can't really do the second part.

this desu.

>not being an highly educated engineer
>not doing math on your spare time
why even live

No.

>dickgineering above science
discovering the marvels of the universe vs being a pjeet tech support

an engineer can do science if they want to
a scientist can't do engineering even if they want to

check mate.

math=physics >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> engineering

is this the righteous way?

its the only way that makes sense. as much as i like math, i love not being poor more. also, having a job means 0.01% chance of getting a gf.

>EE is about neurons creating neurons (CPUs)
what the fuck did I just read?

I think he meant a brain creating artificial computing systems/intelligence/other

It's very comfy.

As rigorous as engineering (I can only speak about electrical) school is, jobs by contrast are generally very laid back with high wages/salaries. It's very easy to have extra time for whatever hobby you desire.

It seems counterintuitive that a EE job would be easy, but since I've started it has occurred to me as almost being some sort of unspoken social contract among other engineers not to work too hard. Obviously it doesn't hold true for companies like Tesla/SpaceX/Apple/Google, but those are for try-hards.

Basically no one knows what you're doing or how fast/well you should be able to do it, but they pay you a lot because no one else can do it. IMO it's quite the hidden gem as far as career satisfaction goes.

As a EE, I find that to be a very silly way of looking at it.

Transistors, logic units, etc are not neurons and we don't want them to be.

what are the hardest courses?

Math>CompE>EE>Physics

CE and EE are pretty much the same
Thus many schools offer an "ECE" degree

CompE is pretty much CS who pussied out of doing EE

Insecurity: the thread. Here are the only things that matter when choosing a field/career/job.

1. Are you interested in your field enough to enjoy working in it 40 hours a week for the rest of your life?
2. Are there actual jobs available in your field so you won't be working at McDonalds with a useless degree and thousands of dollars in debt?
3. Do the jobs in your field pay enough money to satisfy you?

You shouldn't give a fuck about what a bunch of roleplaying NEETs on Veeky Forums think of your field. "Purity" or whatever you wanna call it, that's all bullshit. Go into something that you makes you a comfortable wage and you enjoy working with, doesn't matter if it's a 2 year degree in computer science or a 6 year degree in mathematics.

Math > not math

I don't think decent posts like this hold any weight on Veeky Forums, although I'd like to believe they do. I'd like to think that people realise this is a meme thread, but deep down I know there's people who take it seriously.

What is EE ?

Analysis (with Rudin or Apostol)
Abstract Algebra (with Artin or Herstein)
Topology (with Munkres and Hatcher)

And any course with them as prerequisites.

Kek your post screams insecurity

It is probably the safest way. I was free to pursue a degree in mathematics, because I had a coop in highschool with a company that said that they would hire me out of university.
If I didn't have that assurance, I probably would have gone EE or mechatronic, and pursued math and physics in my own time.

Why those books in specific?

Philosophy and Math are the purest of pure. All you need is a pen and paper. Badabing badaboom

>1. Are you interested in your field enough to enjoy working in it 40 hours a week for the rest of your life?
ok
>2. Are there actual jobs available in your field so you won't be working at McDonalds with a useless degree and thousands of dollars in debt?
who cares
>3. Do the jobs in your field pay enough money to satisfy you?
who cares

>something that you makes you a comfortable wage
who cares
>you enjoy working with
ok

Holy fuck the pleb, it hurts.

Seriously, who the fuck would ever want to go into physics? Literally the most unmarketable STEM major. Your ego's gonna last 4-7 years until you get into the real world and realize you'll be working at a call center.

Electrical engineering.

>who cares
Unless you're already from a wealthy family you have to care. You may really enjoy some kind of niche subject like Social Psychology, but that market isn't very demanding and the supply far exceeds the demand. If you're broke, you need a field that will get you a decent paying job. If you're not broke then disregard that and go after whatever you want.

None of what you said matters because I'm going to die eventually. Even if I'm broke, I'd still go into the field I like

Ty very much

EE + Physics double major with PhD in Math later on.

engineering is a solid base for anything

Why is sucking cocks on there?

Because there are a lot of watered down books used in "for dummies" version of those subjects which go by the same name.

Because engineers are gay, I presume.

What is the most laid back job that pays the big bucks with a bachelor's