What's the point of this meme?

What's the point of this meme?

It's not cheaper than regular food, so you might as well just eat REGULAR FOOD

Other urls found in this thread:

autismspeaks.org/news/news-item/microsoft-launches-pilot-program-hire-adults-autism
faq.soylent.com/hc/en-us/articles/204197379-California-Proposition-65
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You know if you actually want to doubt debate something it's better to not use a strawman.

I never saw a soylent drone defend soylent on basis of it's cheapness. Maybe you could come up with an argument to disprove it's convenience or something.

>Convenience meme
you can get normal food that's just as convenient
soylent drinkers are just lazy

It's pretty simple - some stripes of nerd (coders, engineers) work insane hours and don't give a fuck about what they eat. Some are even resentful that they have to stop working to obtain and consume food every so many hours. For these people a product like this just makes sense. But it's obviously not for everyone, or even most people.

>It's pretty simple - some stripes of nerd (coders, engineers) work insane hours and don't give a fuck about what they eat. Some are even resentful that they have to stop working to obtain and consume food every so many hours.
sounds like autism

Have you ever worked on a project basis? You're up against a deadline and time doesn't matter. You just have to plow through the work until it's done. If that means working 20 hours straight for days that's what you do. You don't give a fuck about what you eat. You eat whatever and grab whatever sleep you can until you're done.

If you find yourself in a situation like this working for a decent employer some kind of food will appear for you so you can keep working. But if you aren't that lucky something like Soylent might seem like a good idea.

No I just eat like a granola bar or something, I don't see the need for some specialized food made by an autist who is a more successful powdered food salesman than he is an engineer.

Hell, you can just pop up a can of beans or something. That's also cheaper and good protein

Maybe they like it?

I wouldn't want to do the soylent thing either but from what I understand its a lot more balanced than a granola bar or something, so it actually does make sense for people who want to be healthy while putting all of their time and effort into something else.

it doesn't taste of anything

I thought soylent was people?

Me neither. I would never buy that shit. I'm just saying the mentality that led to its creation of it makes a kind of sense for someone whose working hours are relentless at times.

Water doesn't taste like anything

Water also isn't a meal

Does this taste shit like protein powder or what?

Sounds like you could make a nice meal if you throw this in a bowl with natural yoghurt and frozen fruits

and autism

Daily reminder that inventor of this drink believes that not showering and wearing only nomex jumpsuits will solve global water shortage, killed his gut fauna to stop getting nasty ass farts his invention gives, thinks tomatoes are "yucky" and doesn't wear socks in his workplace, the rat infested factory where they mix up their cum slurpees.

>(coders, engineers)
>sounds like autism
no shit.

autismspeaks.org/news/news-item/microsoft-launches-pilot-program-hire-adults-autism

Is there a poorfag knock off version? One bag is $20 for 3 meals.

Eating a good meal and taking a break seems better for the psyche than just drinking soy or whatever the fuck like a weird horse

Why waste productive time when you could chug some biomass and keep working?

If soylent didn't sound disgusting, I would probably be interested in it.
I prefer to have two meals a day, one at 2:30 and the other at 9:30. These don't align with lunch breaks or other people's schedules. So, soylent seems like it could work fairly well with my lifestyle.

d-delete this

Ever hung out with engineers? None of that surprises me. The only worse types are coders.
Agreed. I only work fairly civilized hours these days, because I've reached the point in my career where I can turn down projects with unrealistic deadlines. Or better use the weight of my status to get the deadline changed to something civilized. But at an earlier point in my life I pretty much had to say yes to everything, no matter how crazy it was. I wouldn't have made it to this point if I hadn't.

It's just a meme

Retards buy into the meme and pay the stupid """"inventor"""" big bucks

literal wagecucks

There are plenty of decent careers that start out brutal. Even doctors and lawyers work insane schedules when they're starting out.

Drinking soylent while reading this.

I literally only do it for convenience during my work week. When I work I only have an hour every day to shower, eat dinner, and make enough food to eat like 2300 calories (working out too) the next day during work. I just dont have time to make normal food, and leftovers dont taste as good by the fourth day. It doesnt taste good. I add extra protein powder to it. I only drink it half the week, but I dont get the farts anymore. Been drinking it like 7 months while working out, gained a nice 20lbs of well proportioned bulk.

6'5
190ish lbs

Also I've jewed many free shipments (~$250) out of them by finding packing defects. So theres that.

>What's the point of this meme?

It's for people who won't efficiently manage their time, often making mountain of excuses.

I only wish that this was true. Having a job/career and/or free time is just like having sauce. Too much and you get lost the sauce, too little and you have no sauce at all.

>not showering

He obviously lives in a cold dry place because living anywhere, where you sweat, most people start to stink if they haven't showered in 18 hours even if they sit around doing nothing.

Just applying more perfume and deoderant gives a sweet and sour kind of smell that is still offputting and you know that this disgusting cunt hadn't showered yet.

>Eating a good meal and taking a break seems better for the psyche

These aren't people with normal psyches so the regular rules do not apply.

>tfw your mother is complaining about the fact that you are saving time by simply pissing and shitting your pants instead of wasting time going to a toilet.

*deodorant

Maybe if you got off of Veeky Forums you could find time.

thanks bro

Is there a reason you just spout "autism" over and over like a 12 year old?

Are you projecting, user?

Yes. It's painful. I don't wish to discuss it.

>not browsing Veeky Forums at work

I'm being paid to be here, are you?

Yes. But at least i am not pretending i dont have enough time in the day to spend 30 mins to cook something decent.

I dont even have to pretend i am not fucking around on here while at work because i put in my hours

It tastes neutral, kind of like pancake mix or plain cheerio milk

It flavors very well, so you could easily add fruits, and some people have even made savoury tastes of it

I drank it when I worked Fast Food so I wouldn't have to eat there, and packed lunches took more time to eat when I only had 15 minutes and wanted to enjoy my break

Yes, it's a stupid autismal meal replacement and yes, you can replace it with other foods or packed lunches (because you can replace any food with other food, what a concept)

I just don't understand why everybody takes it as a personal insult to their tastes in food or makes up lies about product quality, its literally just prepared nutrient slop food that flavors easily, and it's just as real of a "food" as anything else you buy prepackaged.

All it does is invite butthurt from Veeky Forums so stop making threads about it because it's literally not cooking

You're a dumb fag, liberal homos are far worse for their au naturale hippie bullshit. I'm an engineer and my coworkers, despite being pompous dicks because they think engineering is the pinnacle of human intellectual capacity, are exceedingly normal.

>normal
Given the low standard of what passes for "normal" food I'd much rather have something made from recognizable ingredients. Rich "hippie" types generally eat better than most people, and I'd trust their taste in food over that of a engineer. With the exception of a sound engineer - they sometimes have great taste in food, but they're not really engineers for the most part.

I was referring to him acting as though engineers are autistic, unhygienic mongoloids. We all eat well because we all make money.

That's typical engineer thinking: you can't really measure taste or aesthetics, but you can measure price, so just assume because we're paying a certain price for something it must be good.

People who know how to cook and take the time to do so can eat very well for surprisingly little money, and tend to scoff at much of the overpriced trash for sale at an upscale supermarket. But people who value efficiency will discount the act of cooking, leaning toward mediocre, expensive prepared food. That isn't eating well.

Nice try, please stop trying to deny the positive correlation between price of food and quality of food.

I get that you are trying to scoff at engineers for some unknown reason, but engineers can have good taste, many do. No one is assuming that because it costs more it must be good, you're projecting.

Engineers are normal people, there are plenty of engineers that can cook well, stop being a faggot.

>positive correlation between price of food and quality of food
That only holds up at the very high end. Someone who actually cooks can do the work themselves, leaving the ingredient cost of a great meal relatively low compared to more efficient semi-homemade or prepared meals of lesser quality.
>trying to scoff at engineers
Not at all. I'm just saying that people whose work may include long hours of maintaining sharp focus on precise technical details might find themselves likely to devalue aesthetics more than the average person.
>Engineers are normal people
Some are, some aren't.

Why would the positive correlation only hold up at the very high end? Stop making shit up.

Why would people whose work may include long hours of maintaining sharp focus find themselves likely to devalue aesthetics? I like how you are qualifying your language with words like "might" now.

You're moving the goal posts so I guess we are done with this conversation since we essentially agree. Learn to be less of an asshat.

It's not more convenient. If you have some mental disability where you think food is nuisance, just blend a shake made with oats, milk, banana, and peanut butter. There, you got all the macro nutrients and calories you need in 2 minutes. And then take a multivitamin.

Also, engineers are deeply concerned with aesthetics and how those aesthetics can also be functional. Anything produced by a human that is aesthetically beautiful is meticulously designed.

Soylent: Order powder, open package, pour into cup stir, add water, drink, wash cup, wash spoon.

Your retarded method: Drive to grocery store, get ingredients, buy blender, drive back, open oats, add oats, open milk, add milk, peel banana, add banana, open peanut butter, add peanut butter, blend, pour into glass, drink, figure out what to do with the rest in the blender, throw it away, store it or drink it, wash blender, wash blender lid, wash blender blade, wash cup, wash peanut butter spoon, throw away banana peel, close all the lids, swallow multivitamin.

Definitely more convenient.

Quit being fucking retarded. Stirring Soylent is the worst way to prepare it, it's best made in a blender or just buy the bottled versions

Do you not throw out the Soylent package? Do you not wash the bottle it came with?
Do you not open the cardboard mailer?

Soylent packages contain many meals. Its the same reason I didnt add throw out peanut butter container but I did add throw out banana peel, retard.

Opening the cardboard mailer should be added, as should be closing the soylent bag. Bottled versions are stupid. Stirring soylent is the best method.

you sound like a robot

cheaper when you make the mix yourself

just order pizza nerd

what sort of wagecuck works 20 hours at a time? Like those dumb students who pull all-nighters to finish an essay

HEY MORONS HERE'S A TIP: DO A LITTLE BIT OF WORK EVERY DAY AND YOU WON'T HAVE WORK PILE UP

>Convenience meme
>you can get normal food that's just as convenient
>soylent drinkers are just lazy

I'm sorry does convenient not mean what it used to?

Yes you can get things just as easily but soylent being all in one and shipped directly to your house is super convenient.

Yes they are super lazy which is why they eat a super convenient food.

You sound like the type of person who's greatest daily challenge is cleaning the shitty toilet at a supermarket.

When crunch time begins, and you are a salaried professional, you finish the project. Of course you're working every day, but like 70% of project either end up taking longer or costing more because the stakeholders change project requirements.

It's the same reason that the project manager will see the phenomenon of a project that 95% done becoming 88% done. The person paying for it comes in, fucks up everything with their retarded expectations and changes, and fucks everyone's lives for a week.

I'm doing a maths PhD buddy don't try and patronise me, 300k starting any job I like

lol

Veeky Forums is food and cooking senpai
and you said yourself, it's a food

>he lets the customer cuck him with last minute changes

no, I sit down with the customer every 3 weeks to go over any trajectory changes, and we negotiate what will have to be delayed to compensate for any non-trivial additions. I can tell by your posts that you're stuck in the 1985, but here in 2016 there are ways to let the customer have procedural input without just bending over and letting them fuck you up the ass at the last second.

It still doesn't mean it does anything other than invite butthurt

Some folks just don't take pleasure in eating and see it only as a means to sustenance. This provides sustenance and little to no hassle. I don't see why this thread got so ugly, I wanted to read imbeciles with one sided half baked arguments call each other autistic in various ways, I would be on /b/. Fuck.

20 bucks for three meals.

I eat calorie mate when I don't have time to eat. Three or four packs will keep me going all day, and they cost me about a $1.50 each. If I didn't have them, I'd just throw random things in a blender and drink that.

>Joylent, Soylent, Huel, etc all trying to make solid foods
>Calorie Mate has been doing it for decades

>Soylent
>Proposition 65
I thought it was bad enough containing soy rather than rice protein but if I wanted to poison myself I would drown myself in rat poison.
> faq.soylent.com/hc/en-us/articles/204197379-California-Proposition-65
When Soylent offshoots to stuff like "Ricelent" or "Pealent" I might consider but Soy = No go

why do people act like meal replacements never existed before? Go get some ensure at the store for half the cost dumbass

>working 20 hours strait for days

this is the biggest load of shit. If you're not getting sleep your work is pointless. You're just grinding away and making yourself miserable when you could get the same work done in 8-10 hours with a good diet and sleep.

the perfect food for people that hate food

Soylent is responsible for the downfall of prominent speedrunner Cosmo Wright. It literally turned him into a tranny.

Prop 65 is a fucking joke.

Don't forget it floods your body with estrogen

This. When i was doing my physics PHD we'd often find results coming in at the last minute, and would have to alter all our previous reports to accommodate this new set of data.
I lived on pic related for a week, as it was all the cafeteria sold that was edible.