I don't believe the world is round. How can you prove the world is round to me?

I don't believe the world is round. How can you prove the world is round to me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4jEz03Z8azc
youtube.com/watch?v=h5i_iDyUTCg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abyssal_plain
youtube.com/watch?v=ql_TTguKxnE
youtube.com/watch?v=a7s8vnuknPY
walrus.wr.usgs.gov/infobank/programs/html/school/moviepage/08.01.03.html
usu.edu/geo/geomorph/kansas.html
articles.chicagotribune.com/2014-06-19/news/chi-study-says-illinois-is-second-flattest-state-on-mainland-20140619_1_kansas-flattest-pancake
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_phone_tracking
astro.physics.uiowa.edu/ITU/glossary/stellar-parallax/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You could kill yourself and watch the curvature as you ascend to the afterlife.

Ships go below the horizon

Keep reddit memes on reddit please.

>prove

Impossible.

Fpbp

Burden of proof is on your shoulders buddy. We like science here too so you need to show us a physical model that supports current observations of the cosmos while simultaneously allowing for our planet to be flat.

If all you got is bitching about conspiracies then you have math or science.

Google "Lucky Lady II"

Big ass pendulums

youtube.com/watch?v=4jEz03Z8azc

Can we have one week without these stupid shitty treads? Just one? Please?

If you think it's not round, why did you choose a pic where it is round for your post?

The world was proven 'round' (actually a sphere) as early as Eratosthenes of Cyrene who noted the position of the sun when you travel south is visible reflecting at the bottom of a well. This is not true from Greece. Using maps of his day and triangulation he calculated the circumference of the Earth.

This is possible even today without the need of going into orbit. My suggestion is you travel this year to the Tropic of Cancer on Jun 20th from there you will be able to view the sun reflecting off the bottom of a well. You can take a stick of any set size and measure the shadow length at noon. You can then travel home, measure the distance you traveled and on the same day and time next year take the same stick or similar of the same set size and measure the shadow length at noon.

From there it's just math and you're done! You too can calculate the circumference of the spherical Earth

If the world was flat, people today would be bungee jumping at the edge.
Since you never hear of people having fun bungee jumping at the edge of the world,
you may conclude that the world is not flat.

QED

Pic related wouldn't be possible on a flat earth.

>Fall from the orbit for 15 second
Seems legit

Just go fly an airplane

>Ships go below the horizon
this assumption is absolutely wrong.

1. eye sight is only a few miles on a z axis. that would imply that the earth is alot smaller if one where to see the curvature at ground level

2. the horizon, the x axis remains flat and is a wider expanse. Claiming to see curvature on the z axis you would also have to see curvature on the x axis. Horizon means flat and level.

3. Mirages happen on large expanses of flat surfaces. Oceans and deserts

4. vanishing point

5. perspective

6. binoculars can bring the ship in full as it crosses into the vanishing point of an observer.

apparently there are 200 proofs that the earth is not a ball. Take it or leave it.
youtube.com/watch?v=h5i_iDyUTCg

thats assuming that the earth is round.

pic related.

you can scale this down.
Take a flashlight and two salt shakers and place each shaker a foot from each other on a flat surface, like a table.
turn on the flashlight and put the light source over one salt shaker and note the shadow.
then move the light source from one end to the other and note the shadows.
Boom! the table is round!!!!

The earth is flat or a sphere. It's an irregular blob

assuming thats the curvature, the mathmatics of circumfrence of the earth is wrong and the earth is alot smaller than it really is.

Eyesight curvature at ground level means that the earth is not 25,000 miles in circumference.

your pic can just be explained as vanishing point, horizon perspective.

pic related

not according to NASA.

Protip
If the mathmatics works in 99% practical applications, then the earth is not round.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abyssal_plain

"abyssal plains cover more than 50% of the Earth’s surface.[1][2] They are among the flattest, smoothest and least explored regions on Earth.[3] "

>abyssal plains cover more than 50% of the Earth’s surface
> They are among the flattest, smoothest and least explored regions on Earth.
>cover more than 50% of the surface
>flattest regions on Earth

>Wikipedia is the truth

Atmosphere wouldn't work and YOU CAN TAKE A BOAT TO JAPAN AND FOLLOW THE STARS YOU FUCKWAD

I don't either, is actually a sphere.

you can see ships go below the horizon with binocluars

you don't have a vanishing point on a flat surface is sun is always hovering above

cmon you redditard flatcuck. step your game up.

That picture is great. Was amused most by "real video of the Earth spinning, only stills". Equal level of sophistication to people analyzing compression artifacts of le reptilians.

>How can you prove the world is round to me

Seriously? We can’t. Nobody can.

Not that we lack evidence or logic or comprehensive explanations. Not that we can’t link you to credible sources, compelling photographs or convincing videos. Not that there isn’t a scientific consensus backed up by laws of physics that have stood the test of time or even that you can logically deduce it based on your OWN observations!

None of all that.

We can’t prove it to you because you refuse to accept any of those as sufficient evidence and/or you will discard it based on “muh conspiracy!”

So, no matter what we do, you simply refuse to play by the rules. Just like pic related.

But what you can do is to point out the ridiculousness of the flat earth theory and their complete lack of evidence to shut em up.

>to shut em up
we've had dozens of FE threads on Veeky Forums alone. Your strategy isn't working m8

screencapped you beautiful bastard

>doesnt check Wikipedia sources.
>never published an article in your life

1. vanishing point
2. mirage and weather conditions
youtube.com/watch?v=ql_TTguKxnE

the sun is always hovering above. you need to go back to school kid.

google real earth pictures. all of them are art rendered.
even with my pic, you can see that some follow the Mercator projection rather than the accurate Gall–Peters projection.

> the sun is always hovering above
> but sometimes it doesn't hover above and goes below the horizon
> you need to go back to school kid

You don't want people to go to schools mate. Thats where they indoctrine young kids with this colonist sphere earth illuminati reptilian dogma garbage.

if eye sight is so short, how the fuck can you see stars

Prove Earth isn't a cube; it makes more sense than the Earth being a baseball. Gravity shapes objects into cubes, like cheese. Ever play Minecraft?

he said eye sight is only a few miles on a z axis. So if light travels parallel to the flat earth, it dissapears. What can't you understand ?

stars are not light years away. the sun is not millions of miles away.

Prove to me that the Earth isn't the shape of Nicolas Cages face.

I know you're delusional user, please ignore me. I'm having a laugh with people who understand optics, human vision, color theory, digital technology, history, and a whole plethora of subjects that are out of your reach.

Here's some procedurally faked round-earth propaganda for all of my homeboys. Don't trust it, it was compiled from 15,890 still photos rather than using hyper-continuum videosphere optics.
youtube.com/watch?v=a7s8vnuknPY

i guess you can ignore science too :^)>

"The same heat engine that produces earthquakes is the driving force raising the world's great mountain ranges.
If this uplift did not take place, the relentless force of erosion would reduce the Earth's landscape to a single flat plane."
>flat plane
>flat plane
>flat plane
walrus.wr.usgs.gov/infobank/programs/html/school/moviepage/08.01.03.html

Kansas Is Flatter Than a Pancake
usu.edu/geo/geomorph/kansas.html

Study says Illinois is second-flattest state on mainland
articles.chicagotribune.com/2014-06-19/news/chi-study-says-illinois-is-second-flattest-state-on-mainland-20140619_1_kansas-flattest-pancake

>does not understand that measures of flatness are actually measures of roughness and have zero bearing on curvature
Please go away now.

> spews out some irrelevant retarded bullshit
> p-please go away im running out of stupid shit to say
Ball earthers BTFO as always. Everybody knows you retards are trolling anyway

If the earth is flat, how do they trick open-source GPS implementations, which calculate position based on a spherical earth + relativity?

>colonist sphere earth illuminati reptilian dogma garbage.
what, no Jews?

We don't really want to prove abything to you, retarded memes such as like flat earth or sun made of ice are for retards who thinks it is funny after million times or who really don't want to understand shit about anything

Jews are illuminati magumbo

GPS is landbased triangulation of radio towers. Mobile phone tracking works the same way. It's loran but better tech.
GPS does not mean satalites.

Also all of transcontinental communication is use of landlines that run across the ocean surface, which is flat.

>How can you prove the world is round to me?
If the earth is flat it must have an edge, why has it never been found?
If the earth is flat why does water run downhill? and why doesn't it all flow off the edge?

>GPS is landbased triangulation of radio towers

But GPS uses microwave-level wavelengths, not radio-level ones.

That's not an assumption. You can go and test it. I have.

1. Ships start to go below the horizon at only great distances. You can actually do the math and calculate the distance by watching how much has it sunk below horizon.

2. What do you mean by x axis? paralell to the horizon? You could see curvature there if you had landmarks and a completelly clear visions, as you do towards the horizon

3. Except mirages cant explain things going below the horizon.

4. vanishing point is the point towards things warp when shrunken by distance. That point is on the horizon on a flat earth, not below.

5. Perspective says things shouldnt go below the horizon.

6. Binoculars can't bring the ship in full as it goes below the horizon. Test it. I have. You just see a larger half-ship. Test it again with a telescope. You just see an even larger half-ship.

Things going below the horizon is just perspective of the vanishing point. Not curvature.

Who's going to see more landmass? The person standing at ground level or the person standing on a platform as high as the sears tower?

Localization may occur either via multilateration of radio signals between (several) cell towers of the network and the phone.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_phone_tracking

Also gallium arsenide, what solar panels on "satalites" supposedly use, has a melting point which number is far below the temperatures of the upper thermosphere. Based on what we are told about the conditions of the upper thermosphere, I doubt a business would use them if radio towers can do the same thing, if not better, and have easier maintenance.

>I doubt a business would use them if radio towers can do the same thing,
>if
Woops, you made a mistake. Quick, say something unintelligent.

>if radio towers can do the same thing, if not better, and have easier maintenance.

I wouldn't think so. You would get horrible attenuation of the signal from the towers. It's going to be a pain to maintain the towers that get the signal out to the middle of the Pacific when they would be putting out so much energy they'll boil anyone who gets within 10 kilometres of them.

>the sun is always hovering above

How does night work

Columbus did that 500 years ago.
Take a boat and sail around the world you stupid cuck

Obviously G-d turns it off you dumb fedora faggot.

Troll thread is quite successful, I see.

Anyway, OP, what are your thoughts on gravity? How does it work terrestrially? How does it work on the scale of the solar system?

I'd take you out to the Gulf of Oman 14 nm off the coast of UAE and show you half of the Burj Khalifa poking from below the horizon. It's a fucking trip to see it.

The UAE doesn't exist. It's just made up by the government in order to make round earth theory look real.

I've been there. It exists and and its just a bunch of glass monoliths in a desert. MY family also got left at a world fair there because our cab driver hated Americans.

Rekt

You would have to believe the sun is the size of a watermellon to calculate that way. It's just silly.

Eat stellar parallax
astro.physics.uiowa.edu/ITU/glossary/stellar-parallax/

Since the sun is easily calculated as 93 million miles away (150 million km for you brits and such) your image cannot be true thus yes, the earth's circumference can still be calculated easily on the ground.

shotgun fallacies are not welcome.

1 solid argument >>>>>>> a million shit ones

>Ignorant shitspewing
>Proofs
No.

You're a special kind of retard, huh?

Front page of sci has 3 flat earth threads. wtf? top posting in these bullshit bait threads.

Where does the light disappear to?

Go to an oceanic beach.

Lay on your belly, facing the sun during sunset.

As soon as the very top of the sun clears the horizon, stand up, ans watch the top of the sun pass the horizin again.

>Measure the density of earth
>Measure the moment of inertia of earth
>Calculate moment of inertia of cylinder with above measured density
>Calculate moment of inertia of a solid sphere
>Compare the two
>See second one is a better fit to data
>Do this

Sadly they aren't all bait. FE is the current conspiritard flavour