Make me the perfect burger, Veeky Forums

Make me the perfect burger, Veeky Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

simplysogood.com/2014/05/brioche-burger-buns.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

For me it is the Triple Cheeseburger. The perfect fast food cheeseburger.

Solly's butterburger.

There is, and never shalll ber, anything better.

I don't understand the purpose of burgers too high to eat. How do you yanks even do it in one of those restaurants where they'll sell you multiple massive patties that would never squish down to open mouth height?

Do they give you a knife and fork and you just eat the patties by themselves until you get down to one or two?

what's the sauce on the bottom?

I don't think there is a "perfect" burger. There's only good burgers and bad burgers. And, even though I always, always put vegetables of various kinds and other ingredients on my burger, the quality of your burger really mostly depends on the quality of your meat and your buns.
I made some burgers yesterday, and everyone wanted different toppings, and everyone loved their burger, so it's really an individual thing. But, for meat, I used three different kinds - chuck, sirloin, and bison (bison adds a good meaty flavor). Then I also added some cold, cut bits of butter for extra fat and mixed those in, and seasoned the patties with salt just before grilling, and pepper on their last flip on the grill. I know some people will turn their nose up at the butter addition, but it does help keep the burgers tender and adds that little bit of buttery flavor that goes so well with the grilled meat flavor. And brioche buns, of course, the best buns for burgers, IMO.
Everything else, from condiments to vegetables to any other additions is a personal choice.

It's an unnecessarily stupid presentation thing. If you ever saw Guy Fieri do his "big bite," on a burger, you would see the sad state of affairs of the "gourmet" burger scene that makes these types of things that are better to look at than to eat.

pussy juice

Done this summer...
Fresh ground beef patties
Omelette du fromage
Bacon
Frankfurt sausages
Onion Potato Patty
Tomato
Salad
Mustard / Ketchup

coleslaw

Honestly the best burger I had just had relish, feta and tzatziki in, on a bed of shredded lettuce and onion

Whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, onion, sugar, and celery seeds in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Add cabbage and carrot and toss to coat; season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes.
½ cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon finely grated yellow onion
2 teaspoons sugar
½ teaspoon celery seeds
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
½ small head green cabbage, very thinly sliced
1 small carrot, peeled, coarsely grated

There’s a place near me called daly’s that makes the perfect burger in my eyes. Double patty made from good beef, fresh lettuce and tomato. They add daly’s sauce which is mayo mustard and relish I think. I believe that it’s the perfect burger because it is simple and well made, not trying to be something crazy, just well executed in all aspects. Also they’re 1.89 so that is pretty nice too. the fires are great too.

Insanity burger? I actually made that tonight!

The pic looks like they used more mayo in the base than me. I also underseasoned and didn't have a good bun.

Still tasted pretty good.

>make brioche buns
>grind meat
>make mayonaise
>slice cucumber,tomatoe,red onion
>form small meatballs
>put into lightly greased pan, smash, season with salt pepper, some mustard on top
>flip season again, put cheddar on top of one patty, stack the other on top
>put onto buttered bun with the toppings

How hard are brioche buns to make?

For what it's worth I'm eyeing this off:

simplysogood.com/2014/05/brioche-burger-buns.html

I normally slow cook pork shoulder on Sundays, so I will have time to make these to go along with it.

the person that lives with me usually does all the baking, once the person was coming back late from work so i made them. First bread i ever made and it was just as easy as following any other recipe. I did the one from "bruno albouze" he has a youtube vid.

Sounds like a good plan.

Since were here. Ever roasted a duck?

damn my elaborate answer didnt get posted because bad wlan.

To sum it up:
i would advise against cooking whole, consider cutting it like in the jacques pepin roast chicken recipe or roasting the parts seperately since the breastmeat always dries out. If you roast whole start very low and go very high at the end, maybe covering the breat with foil in the middle (remove again for the high heat).
let it sit salted in the fridge for at least a night uncovered, better yet, hang it.
if you own a sousvide consider using it for best results - dry it after and roast on high temp for a short time.
in winter i serve with pretzeldumpling (brezenknödel) and shredded red cabbage cooked down with spices,apples and red wine (blaukraut)