My dad just gave me an absinthe bottle as a gift. Wtf do I do with it?

My dad just gave me an absinthe bottle as a gift. Wtf do I do with it?

Other urls found in this thread:

mutineermagazine.com/blog/2010/10/is-the-absinthe-that-is-now-legal-in-the-u-s-real-absinthe/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Drink it?

How old are you, faggot?

Like with my mouth?

Just the bottle? Or is there absinthe in it as well?

Just turned 21 which is why he gave it to me.
Also I'm asking because apparently you're supposed to do some weird ritual in order to drink it.

Enema

butt chug

Shove it up your ass

>apparently you're supposed to do some weird ritual in order to drink it.

does it involve wearing a blindfold and opening your mouth?

It's just another anise liqueur. Just fucking drink it.

Have you even heard of a fucking google you nigger

throw that shit in the trash faggo
tell your dad he's a fucking fag too

Beat me to it

Just drink it

>Absinthe doesn't make you go crazy and hallucinate

disappointing desu

Try and you'll wonder why anyone thought it was cool in the last 2000 years

Butt bong that shit

throw that shit in the trash faggo
tell your dad he's a fucking fag too

Consume it rectally

Are you already alcoholic or does he hate you? Absinth is a hard starting point.

Find someone to brew it for you with real wormwood

My friend snuck some in from Ireland like 10 years ago. It's basically just meme liquor. Drink it.

Try a Green Russian, absinthe milk and sugar

DId he also give you an absinthe spoon, some sugar cubes, an ice water dripper and shit like that? If not, just either shot it or mix with cold water and sugar in a glass.

cmon dont go overboard, ive probably had 5 absinthe bottleswith friends til i was 21, and far from being alcoholic.
Save it for a party op, its nothing you can or should drink on your own. I like it with just water in there, some people add sugar and stir, others soak a sugarcube in absinthe above it, then burn it and let it drip, which is probably the least cool and most autistic way to drink it - unless you are 50+ and can drink that without looking like an adolescent imitating oscar wilde

You give it to me

not this meme again

>Another interesting fact relates to thujone levels of pre-ban absinthes. Some still incorrectly believe that pre-ban absinthes contained much higher levels of thujone than modern brands. This idea comes from an armchair assumption in an article written by Dr. Wilfred Arnold where he hypothesized that pre-ban absinthes contained as much as 260 mg/l of thujone. He arrived at this figure by taking the assumed concentration levels of thujone present in wormwood, and multiplied by the known quantities of wormwood used in pre-ban absinthe, assuming 100% recovery of the thujone in the distillate.
mutineermagazine.com/blog/2010/10/is-the-absinthe-that-is-now-legal-in-the-u-s-real-absinthe/

>Thujone is most famous for being a compound in the spirit absinthe. In the past, absinthe was thought to contain up to 260–350 mg/l thujone,[12] but modern tests have shown this to be far too high. A 2008 study of 13 pre-ban (1895–1910) bottles using gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) found that the bottles had between 0.5 and 48.3 mg/l and averaged 25.4 mg/l [13][14] A 2005 study recreated three 1899 high-wormwood recipes and tested with GC-MS, and found that the highest contained 4.3 mg/l thujone.[15] GC-MS testing is important in this capacity, because gas chromatography alone may record an inaccurately high reading of thujone as other compounds may interfere with and add to the apparent measured amount.[16]
wiki

thujone isn't even psychoactive.

this stuff is the 19th century equivalent of drinking non alcoholic beer and pretending to get drunk. the whole sugar cubes ritual, etc? those guys were just high out of their fucking minds on opium. that's it.

Just a friendly reminder that bathtub brewed methanol attacks your ocular cells directly and don't require light activation to chemically react with said cells.

In the pooper it goes.

SCAR

Get a slotted spoon.
Pour about an ounce of absinthe into a glass.
Balance the slotted spoon over the glass.
Put a sugar cube onto the slotted spoon.
Slowly drip ice cold water over the sugar cube so as to dissolve the sugar cube into the absinthe.
Do this to your taste. Some people only prefer a few drops, some prefer nearly half a sugar cube.

This serves to sweeten, dilute, and chill your absinthe, all in the effort of taming absinthe. I'd definitely recommend you don't drink it straight. It's very, very intense and high ABV.

Also great in certain cocktails if you're interested

Thats autistic as fuck, just pour some sugar and water in it, this is the equivalent of making a bowl of cereal by pour your milk through a straw and saying its better prepared that way.

I mean, I agree, but OP was asking about the "weird ritual" associated with it. It's mostly for show nowadays. We do it at my bar with a fountain, and customers pay up the ass for it.

But, again, I agree it's silly, obnoxious, pretentious, unnecessary, etc